Author Topic: Judge throws out attempt to block Trump's niece's book  (Read 738 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Judge throws out attempt to block Trump's niece's book
« on: June 26, 2020, 02:40:52 am »
Judge throws out attempt to block Trump's niece's book
By Zack Budryk - 06/25/20 03:10 PM EDT

A New York judge on Thursday tossed an application by President Trump’s brother Robert Trump seeking to block a tell-all book by their niece Mary Trump.

In the ruling, Queens County Surrogate Court Judge Peter Kelly said Robert Trump’s filing contained “several improprieties,” dismissing it on the grounds that it should have been filed in the New York Supreme Court.

The Surrogate Court is responsible for handling wills and estate issues. Lawyers for Robert Trump had argued that a confidentiality clause Mary signed during the disposition of the estate of President Trump’s father, she is legally barred from publishing the book.

The court has promptly and correctly held that it lacks jurisdiction to grant the Trump family’s baseless request to suppress a book of utmost public importance and concern,” Mary Trump’s attorney, Theodore Boutrous, said in a statement. “Democracy thrives on the free exchange of ideas, and neither this court nor any other has authority to violate the Constitution by imposing a prior restraint on core political speech.”

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/504577-judge-throws-out-attempt-to-block-trumps-nieces-book
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Judge throws out attempt to block Trump's niece's book
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 04:01:02 am »
"confidentiality clause Mary signed"

When she signed she likely did so to just get her money, not dreaming Donald J. Trump would one day be President.

The book deal is again her opportunistic grab for money.

Mary is a lousy human being, and we have our possessive Trump hater, right along with her.

Quote a dozen Bible verses as a smoke screen, for supporting lousy people and causes.

Give a shout out for your city, Seattle
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 06:17:29 am »
Trump's brother, Mary's father, said that their portion of the inheritance was substantive.  I think that says everything about Mary's diatribe. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 03:40:56 pm »
"In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric."

Appears from Amazon write-up about the book, this is about family interactions rather than focused only on money.  She has the education to know human behavior.  I haven't looked at her professional life, but will do that.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 11:38:29 pm »
"In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric."

Appears from Amazon write-up about the book, this is about family interactions rather than focused only on money.  She has the education to know human behavior.  I haven't looked at her professional life, but will do that.
Education doesn't mean diddly except that she can wrap her hate up in parlance and psycho babble. I have had too much experience with psychologists through my wife's billing service and it has taught me that Psychologists, Psychiatrists, MFT's as a group are some of the most damaged people on Earth and in a just world they would be prohibited from having anything to do with another persons mental health. Now I don't say all of them, but................................

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 02:57:02 am »
Education doesn't mean diddly except that she can wrap her hate up in parlance and psycho babble. I have had too much experience with psychologists through my wife's billing service and it has taught me that Psychologists, Psychiatrists, MFT's as a group are some of the most damaged people on Earth and in a just world they would be prohibited from having anything to do with another persons mental health. Now I don't say all of them, but................................

You don't mind listening to Dr. Donald who makes all kinds of assumptions about people's mental health.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 05:01:47 am »
"confidentiality clause Mary signed"
The book deal is again her opportunistic grab for money.
Mary is a lousy human being, and we have our possessive Trump hater, right along with her.
------------------------
Whenever Trump is challenged, his sycophants predictably man the barricades.
So Mary Trump is a lousy human being and a Trump hater, is she?
Note all the evidence supporting this ignorant slander; hardly a surprise!
November is fast approaches when Clown-in Chief will meet cold REALITY.
Whispers indicate his Fan Club has been arranging Space flights to Uranus
where they plan to establish a colony labeled 'Trumptown'! Bon Voyage!!!!

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 07:20:56 pm »
You don't mind listening to Dr. Donald who makes all kinds of assumptions about people's mental health.
@Chosen Daughter
Well there you go making another insulting ASSumption just because someone doesn't drink your Kool-Aid. I find it laughable that you make disparaging comments about Trump having negative opinion about someones health while no doubt heartily agreeing with every and any quack or democrat casting aspersions on Trumps health.

Unlike you I am not an absolutist for or against Trump, I try to look at each action and make a decision to support or not depending on my values not hate.

There now I can go back to ignoring your drivel, have a happy weekend :seeya:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 07:34:48 pm »
@Chosen Daughter
Well there you go making another insulting ASSumption just because someone doesn't drink your Kool-Aid. I find it laughable that you make disparaging comments about Trump having negative opinion about someones health while no doubt heartily agreeing with every and any quack or democrat casting aspersions on Trumps health.

Unlike you I am not an absolutist for or against Trump, I try to look at each action and make a decision to support or not depending on my values not hate.

There now I can go back to ignoring your drivel, have a happy weekend :seeya:

Donald does make a habit of calling people "sick".  I can see the truth upsets but its a habit of his. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 07:45:06 pm »
Sneaking suspicion this all is about $. 

Seems like the desperate left has to first pony up enough $ to counter the NDA.  Then left leaning publishers then coach authors or instruct ghost writers to bend the truth in a sensational manner and in the direction of slander.  Fully aware and telling them that any residuals are based on book sales

Everyone know how the power of print can be abused to meet intent.  The left is pulling out of the stops more than anytime in my memory.
Sorry, this stinks to high heaven.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 07:52:57 pm »
Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist

Here is a 2 1/2 minute Classic TV primer of anything and everything you need to know about the media and the psychology profession....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 11:06:30 pm »
Donald does make a habit of calling people "sick".  I can see the truth upsets but its a habit of his.
IGNORE