Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: Trump may lose this election  (Read 2926 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tucker Carlson: Trump may lose this election
« on: June 26, 2020, 01:45:42 am »
Tucker Carlson: Trump may lose this election
by Anthony Leonardi, Breaking News Reporter
 | June 25, 2020 08:40 PM

Fox News host Tucker Carlson warned conservatives that President Trump may lose the election.

During Thursday’s airing of Tucker Carlson Tonight, the host, a supporter of Trump, said that it may be “tough” for Trump to win reelection if he does not adequately respond to civil unrest in the country.

“Not many people are saying it out loud on the Right. But the fact is that President Trump could well lose this election. In fact, unless fundamental facts change soon, it could be tough for him to be reelected,” Carlson said in his opening monologue. He said if former Vice President Joe Biden wins in November, the White House will be controlled by "radicals" who will "remake the country."

"We're fully aware that virtually nobody watching this show tonight wants to hear that, but it's true, and key people around the president know that it's true. They've seen the numbers," he added. All the while, the chyron banner that appeared on the bottom of screen blared in all capital letters: "President Trump may lose this election."

Carlson asserted that social cohesion in the country is eroding after nationwide protests have occurred following the Memorial Day death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

“An awful lot of people voted for Donald Trump precisely to avoid a moment like the one we’re now in,” Carlson said, stating that Trump’s instincts were on the side of order, tradition, and stability, but Carlson later remarked that during the rioting, Trump “said little” and “did less.”

Attorney General William Barr has referred to a “witch’s brew” of extremist groups involved in the protests. Among the people recently arrested are alleged members of the right-wing extremist "boogaloo" movement.

Activists have claimed Confederate statues, which pay tribute to Confederate leaders such as Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee, ought to be torn down. Demonstrators, however, have also attempted to tear down or petition local governments to decommission statues of historical figures such as former Presidents George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Ulysses S. Grant.

During a Wednesday press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda in the Rose Garden, Trump said he wouldn't tolerate the destruction of statues depicting Jesus Christ, the Founding Fathers, and others as long as he was in office.

On Thursday's episode of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's podcast, Verdict, Barr said his agency was using 35 joint terrorist task forces across the country to investigate criminal activity, saying over 500 investigations are currently underway.

"They want to tear down the country. They are different than many traditional groups, and frequently, the signs of coordination and activity are very close to the event itself," the attorney general said, describing those people behind the violence and the vandalizing of monuments.

video
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tucker-carlson-trump-may-lose-this-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Tucker Carlson: Trump may lose this election
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 01:49:12 am »
Here is what I mentioned on the other thread

@HoustonSam
@skeeter
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:59:51 am »
Here is what I mentioned on the other thread

@HoustonSam
@skeeter
I’m watching Trumps townhall now. He says they’ve arrested many in connection with these acts of vandalism.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 02:01:01 am »
Generalizing on the concept, if government :

(a) refuses to protect the territorial integrity of the country by securing the border;
(b) refuses to maintain basic law and order in the streets of the country's major cities;
(c) fails to protect historically and culturally significant locations and monuments on public land

then why do we need government?  Surely the preservation of order and national identity are government's most fundamental functions.

Perhaps it's time for the rest of us to make clear to our elected leaders what we require of them, and what could be the consequences if they fail to meet those requirements.  And I don't mean merely that they might not be re-elected.  I mean that we simply will no longer comply.  If anarchists will not be subject to law, then why should we submit ourselves to it?
James 1:20

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 02:02:28 am »
Tucker could be right, but I don't think so.  People didn't vote for 'the Donald' because he was the nicest; they voted for him to restore decency to the government.  Still more to do.  Hard to fight the hate of the dims and the complacency of the Republicans.

Carlson is doing the one thing he loves to do.  He is selling fear.   :yowsa:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 02:10:19 pm »
Tucker Carlson misreads Trump’s pre-election strategy

June 26, 2020
By Andrea Widburg

Since 2020’s craziness began, Tucker Carlson has been brilliant. He’s talked us through speech-killing political correctness and “cancel culture,” a health panic that leftist politicians have used to break Trump supporters, and racism as bad as that during the Jim Crow era only with the races reversed. Carlson is always unafraid to tell the truth.

When the riots started, between his job at Fox News and his home base in Washington, D.C., Carlson has had a front-row seat for the spectacle of leftist protesters systematically destroying property and America’s heritage. It is a demoralizing show.

This demoralization was front and center in Carlson’s monologue on Thursday night. He opened by saying there’s a good chance that Trump can lose the election, making Biden president. (Were that to happen, I believe America would become the first country ever knowingly to elect to its highest office a man with dementia.)

Carlson’s conclusion didn’t arise because the polls show that the basement-dwelling Biden, who’s trotted out every few days to prove he’s still alive, is soaring in the polls. After all, voters remember 2016 and Hillary’s lead. Carlson did observe that the Trump team is worried, but that wasn’t driving Carlson’s pessimism.

Instead, what concerned Carlson is that the Republicans have been supine in their response, first, to the lockdowns and, second, to the violent protests leftists have brought to America’s streets. He noted that Republican politicians were caught flatfooted because they are so naïve they can’t believe that the lockdowns and the riots are a planned and systemic attack on America’s conservative voters. They have therefore stood on the sidelines, he said, abandoning Americans to the mob.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/06/tucker_carlson_misreads_trumps_preelection_strategy.html
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 02:15:27 pm »
Tucker could be right, but I don't think so.  People didn't vote for 'the Donald' because he was the nicest; they voted for him to restore decency to the government.  Still more to do.  Hard to fight the hate of the dims and the complacency of the Republicans.

Carlson is doing the one thing he loves to do.  He is selling fear.   :yowsa:

My apologies to the Briefer who I am forgetting that said this......   

Think about it.  How many Trump voters in 2016 are going to vote for Biden?  I just don't see them defecting. 
I do think that he is likely again to lose the popular vote.  But all he has to do, hold service and win the necessary EV's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 02:48:28 pm »
My apologies to the Briefer who I am forgetting that said this......   

Think about it.  How many Trump voters in 2016 are going to vote for Biden? I just don't see them defecting. 
I do think that he is likely again to lose the popular vote.  But all he has to do, hold service and win the necessary EV's.

There was a ton of suburban women in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc who hated the detestable Clintons and voted for Trump, figuring they would give his crazy ass a chance.
     They have, apparently, reconsidered their choice because they abandoned the GOP in 2018--in the midst of a booming economy and record low unemployment. I don't believe they are coming back in 2020.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 02:52:07 pm »
     There was a ton of suburban women in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc who hated the detestable Clintons and voted for Trump, figuring they would give his crazy ass a chance.
     They have, apparently, reconsidered their choice because they abandoned the GOP in 2018--in the midst of a booming economy and record low unemployment. I don't believe they are coming back in 2020.

You mean the same van driving soccer moms who have been watching rioting, looting, and burning the past month?  The same ones who are watching a silent (on this matter) little girl sniffing Joe? 

I wouldn't be so sure.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 03:17:15 pm »
You mean the same van driving soccer moms who have been watching rioting, looting, and burning the past month?  The same ones who are watching a silent (on this matter) little girl sniffing Joe? 

I wouldn't be so sure.

Yep. In their minds, it didn't happen on Obama/Biden's watch. I am not understanding why people believe this turmoil and unrest happening on Trump's watch is somehow a positive for him.
       If the country was unified, thriving, and peaceful, that would be good for Trump.
       Now that the country is roiled in turmoil and division--that's still good for Trump, as well?
   I am more inclined to bet that these suburban women just want the person who best offers them a chance at less daily drama. There is not a soul on the planet that believes Trump's forte is being a healing, unifying, soothing presence. They know Trump offers 4 more years of division, drama, and impetuousness. Good luck getting them to knowingly sign up for that.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 03:32:10 pm »
   Yep. In their minds, it didn't happen on Obama/Biden's watch. I am not understanding why people believe this turmoil and unrest happening on Trump's watch is somehow a positive for him.
       If the country was unified, thriving, and peaceful, that would be good for Trump.
       Now that the country is roiled in turmoil and division--that's still good for Trump, as well?
   I am more inclined to bet that these suburban women just want the person who best offers them a chance at less daily drama. There is not a soul on the planet that believes Trump's forte is being a healing, unifying, soothing presence. They know Trump offers 4 more years of division, drama, and impetuousness. Good luck getting them to knowingly sign up for that.

I understand your sentiment, but on the point of drama.  How much more drama can be generated by watching the rioting and looting, and them giving thought of could that happen in my neighborhood?  Then giving thought to which of the two candidates would more likely protect me from that happening.  Pretty simple choice IMO.  Protection vs Capitualtion. 

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 03:50:03 pm »
I understand your sentiment, but on the point of drama.  How much more drama can be generated by watching the rioting and looting, and them giving thought of could that happen in my neighborhood?  Then giving thought to which of the two candidates would more likely protect me from that happening.  Pretty simple choice IMO.  Protection vs Capitualtion.

Fair point. But is that seeing it the way they would see it, or the way that we would see it?

Rightly or wrongly, these suburban women went 2008-2016 without worrying about rioting and looting in their neighborhoods. A possible return to those happy thoughts (again, rightly or wrongly) is more preferable than wondering who would best protect them if the Battle for Whole Foods played out in the strip mall parking lot down the street.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 04:02:17 pm »
Fair point. But is that seeing it the way they would see it, or the way that we would see it?

Rightly or wrongly, these suburban women went 2008-2016 without worrying about rioting and looting in their neighborhoods. A possible return to those happy thoughts (again, rightly or wrongly) is more preferable than wondering who would best protect them if the Battle for Whole Foods played out in the strip mall parking lot down the street.

If you believe the pollsters, I would say you were right.  But we all know how biased those instituions are.  I am in firm agreement, that a sudden turn to being presidential would greatly enhance the president's chances.  Will he, or can he is a whole different question.  But I still think there are going to be relatively little or no defections.  The dim's candidate is just too weak and incompetent. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 04:07:36 pm »

I will lean toward you in this @FeelNoPain - And primarily because no action was taken. When city and county governments failed to protect, and liberal governors obstructed and failed to protect, Then there is only one place left that protection can come from...

Not that I am a proponent of Federal action, necessarily... But Tumpy laid his claim as being urgently different from the rank and file politicians... And that does not look true to those soccer moms, I will bet.

Same thing goes for the virus nonsense. I was FOR Tumpy when he stood up and cried bullcrap... But then he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair, and became complicit in the greatest destruction of my lifetime. Likewise in the riots - his inaction will speak volumes... And that perception of inaction is interpreted differently by the low info Joe Sixpack than it will be spun by his faithful.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 04:23:04 pm »
There’s also the psychology of human beings that goes into the voting both. What happens if the voters  believe that a Biden Presidency  will calm the unrest?

The anarchists have  said that they will riot if Trump wins the election. It’s a possibility that  could worry voters enough to put Biden in the White House
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 04:24:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 04:51:56 pm »
I will lean toward you in this @FeelNoPain - And primarily because no action was taken. When city and county governments failed to protect, and liberal governors obstructed and failed to protect, Then there is only one place left that protection can come from...

Not that I am a proponent of Federal action, necessarily... But Tumpy laid his claim as being urgently different from the rank and file politicians... And that does not look true to those soccer moms, I will bet.

Same thing goes for the virus nonsense. I was FOR Tumpy when he stood up and cried bullcrap... But then he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair, and became complicit in the greatest destruction of my lifetime. Likewise in the riots - his inaction will speak volumes...
 And that perception of inaction is interpreted differently by the low info Joe Sixpack than it will be spun by his faithful.

@roamer_1 
I always try to consider how others may perceive things differently than I do. It's probably a survival mechanism from a childhood of being dragged all over the country, (Deep South, Heartland, Northeast, Appalachia) going from all-white schools to all-black schools, etc.
I know that the more Trump is criticized, the more his ardent supporters dig in to defend him as they feel the stakes are so high. I do admire their conviction; I just wish it was in a more credible statesman/man of principle that I could get behind, too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 05:20:10 pm »
@roamer_1 
I always try to consider how others may perceive things differently than I do. It's probably a survival mechanism from a childhood of being dragged all over the country, (Deep South, Heartland, Northeast, Appalachia) going from all-white schools to all-black schools, etc.
I know that the more Trump is criticized, the more his ardent supporters dig in to defend him as they feel the stakes are so high. I do admire their conviction; I just wish it was in a more credible statesman/man of principle that I could get behind, too.

I am right there with you brother.   :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2020, 05:23:04 pm »
There’s also the psychology of human beings that goes into the voting both. What happens if the voters  believe that a Biden Presidency  will calm the unrest?

The anarchists have  said that they will riot if Trump wins the election. It’s a possibility that  could worry voters enough to put Biden in the White House

The leftist have been protesting since Hillary lost.  There should be no doubt that they are going to protest.  So ... should we allow our presidential election to be determined by mob rule?

Right now the mob is ruling and it needs to stop; otherwise we will certainly lose our Republic.  We ARE on the tip of the iceberg right now.

That is why I have stated in the past and will continue to state that unless there is a push back on the anarchists and they are dissolved we won't make it to the next election or we will see rioting and intimidation at the polls across this country.  The time to contain them is now!

Trump doesn't have to wait for the governor's permission ... that's a crock. He has the authority under the Insurrection Act to contain civil unrest.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 05:26:33 pm »
I’m just wondering if those that are making Tucker Carlson the issue actually heard what he had to say or just reacting and becoming defensive because they refuse to believe that Donald Trump could lose
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:28:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 05:28:07 pm »

June 26, 2020
By Andrea Widburg

Since 2020’s craziness began, Tucker Carlson has been brilliant. He’s talked us through speech-killing political correctness and “cancel culture,” a health panic that leftist politicians have used to break Trump supporters, and racism as bad as that during the Jim Crow era only with the races reversed. Carlson is always unafraid to tell the truth.

When the riots started, between his job at Fox News and his home base in Washington, D.C., Carlson has had a front-row seat for the spectacle of leftist protesters systematically destroying property and America’s heritage. It is a demoralizing show.

This demoralization was front and center in Carlson’s monologue on Thursday night. He opened by saying there’s a good chance that Trump can lose the election, making Biden president. (Were that to happen, I believe America would become the first country ever knowingly to elect to its highest office a man with dementia.)

Carlson’s conclusion didn’t arise because the polls show that the basement-dwelling Biden, who’s trotted out every few days to prove he’s still alive, is soaring in the polls. After all, voters remember 2016 and Hillary’s lead. Carlson did observe that the Trump team is worried, but that wasn’t driving Carlson’s pessimism.

Instead, what concerned Carlson is that the Republicans have been supine in their response, first, to the lockdowns and, second, to the violent protests leftists have brought to America’s streets. He noted that Republican politicians were caught flatfooted because they are so naïve they can’t believe that the lockdowns and the riots are a planned and systemic attack on America’s conservative voters. They have therefore stood on the sidelines, he said, abandoning Americans to the mob.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/06/tucker_carlson_misreads_trumps_preelection_strategy.html
"They have therefore stood on the sidelines, he said, abandoning Americans to the mob."

I've gotten into arguments with Trumpsters on other forums who claimed it was a great idea that Trump didn't do anything because that would show Americans what Dems were like.
They asserted that if Trump had forcibly intervened, he would go down in the polls.
Well, guess what...he didn't act, and now he's going down in the polls.
He did bluster a bit but so far has done little except have a few people arrested.
You don't think that many voters looked at the chaos and Trump's inaction and didn't like it which is probably reflected in his sliding poll numbers?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:29:12 pm by goatprairie »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2020, 05:31:18 pm »
He did bluster a bit but so far has done little except have a few people arrested.
You don't think that many voters looked at the chaos and Trump's inaction and didn't like it which is probably reflected in his sliding poll numbers?

To me that made it worse than if he'd said nothing at all...

Battleship mouth and a rowboat ass....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:09 pm »
"Trump offers 4 more years of division, drama, and impetuousness"

The problem as I see it is that many on the fence voters (and to be sure many others...even conservatives) perceive Trump to be an a**hole. Which he is much of the time.
I knew that in 2016 but still voted for him. I haven't changed my mind, I still think he's a gigantic tool, but I'll have no problem voting for him in November.
Because there is no choice. The Dems are now a thoroughly discredited anti-American party. You had the Dem gov. of the state of New York, Cuomo, approving of the vandalism and destruction. A "healthy expression" he called it.
There are I'm sure many voters who aren't voting for Biden as much as they're voting against Trump.
I doubt there's one thing Biden would do if elected that I would approve of.  The Dems are basically an organization of criminals.
So Trump has to be my choice even with his childish demeanor and a few issues I don't agree with him about.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:42:07 pm by goatprairie »

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:41 pm »
The leftist have been protesting since Hillary lost.  There should be no doubt that they are going to protest.  So ... should we allow our presidential election to be determined by mob rule?

Right now the mob is ruling and it needs to stop; otherwise we will certainly lose our Republic.  We ARE on the tip of the iceberg right now.

That is why I have stated in the past and will continue to state that unless there is a push back on the anarchists and they are dissolved we won't make it to the next election or we will see rioting and intimidation at the polls across this country.  The time to contain them is now!

Trump doesn't have to wait for the governor's permission ... that's a crock. He has the authority under the Insurrection Act to contain civil unrest.

Insurrection Act of 1807

Application

The Insurrection Act has been invoked throughout American history. In the 19th century, it was invoked during conflicts with Native Americans. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it was invoked during labor conflicts. Later in the 20th century, it was used to enforce federally mandated desegregation,[10] with Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy invoking the Act in opposition to the affected states' political leaders to enforce court-ordered desegregation.[11] More recently, governors have requested and received support most recently following looting in the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo in 1989 and during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.[12]

In 2006, the George W. Bush administration considered intervening in the state of Louisiana's response to Hurricane Katrina despite the refusal from Louisiana's governor, but this was inconsistent with past precedent, politically difficult, and potentially unconstitutional.[3]:73–75 A provision of the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007, added by an unidentified sponsor, amended the Insurrection act to permit military intervention without state consent, in case of an emergency that hindered the enforcement of laws.[1] Bush signed this amendment into law, but some months after it was enacted, all fifty state governors issued a joint statement against it, and the changes were repealed in January 2008.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act_of_1807

@libertybele
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2020, 05:54:43 pm »
@roamer_1 
---------------------------
An observation/opinion.
Some 25% of the electorate will support Trump no matter what because he entertains them;
their only motivation.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 07:23:20 pm »
If Trump loses he can run again if wished.