Author Topic: Houston Hospitals Warn That System Is Nearing Capacity As Younger People Drive Coronavirus Surge  (Read 268 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Andrew Kerr
Investigative Reporter
June 24, 2020 8:31 PM ET

The largest medical center in Houston warned Wednesday that the city’s hospital capacity could soon become overrun amid a coronavirus surge driven by younger patients being admitted to hospitals.

“While everyone is susceptible to contracting COVID-19, we are seeing significantly larger number of younger patients being admitted to our hospitals,” the Texas Medical Center said in a statement.

“Young people tend to be more active in communal gathering, which can further contribute to the spread of the virus,” TMC added. “To that end, we implore young citizens to take it upon themselves to commit to physically distance as much as possible and to wear masks when socializing with one another.”

Like many cities across the country, Houston was the site of large protests in late May and early June following the police killing of George Floyd, a native of Houston.

Some of the protesters that joined the large demonstrations in the city began testing positive for coronavirus by mid-June, according to local news reports.

“I actually got sick the day after the march,” said Shamone Turner, who attended a 60,000-person march on June 1. “I could not move out of the bed. I was in the bed just sighing.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/24/houston-coronavirus-protests-medical-center-warns-system-capacity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

I was in the bed just sighing.

Poor thing...