Author Topic: She Wanted to Be a Republican President. She’s Voting for Biden. (Carly)  (Read 9574 times)

Offline aligncare

Reagan was allowed a first term.

Bingo! Reagan even got a honeymoon period that lasted much longer that Trump’s two seconds after the oath on Inauguration Day. Imagine that!

Offline roamer_1

Bingo! Reagan even got a honeymoon period that lasted much longer that Trump’s two seconds after the oath on Inauguration Day. Imagine that!

That's fair, really, but a flawed comparison. Dems were far less activist back then...
A better comparison is found in Dubya, who similarly, got very little 'honeymoon'.

Offline aligncare

That's fair, really, but a flawed comparison. Dems were far less activist back then...
A better comparison is found in Dubya, who similarly, got very little 'honeymoon'.

No one here would argue against that. W was certainly in the same ballpark as Trump. But by comparison W was in the bleachers while Trump is on the field with nothing but wild pitches thrown directly at his head, the moment after the ump shouted “play ball.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And whose fault is that? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Reagan was allowed a first term.

Well, outside of John Hinckley Jr.

Offline roamer_1

No one here would argue against that. W was certainly in the same ballpark as Trump. But by comparison W was in the bleachers while Trump is on the field with nothing but wild pitches thrown directly at his head, the moment after the ump shouted “play ball.”

I don't think that's right at all - Bush's administration was plagued right from the beginning - accused of a fraudulent election... Counting chads right from the get-go, from the very minute he was elected... and it never let up. Everything thrown at Tumpy was thrown at Dubya, same for same.

I just think memories are not as visceral as the present in most things, this notwithstanding. It could be fair to say they may have jacked it up a notch, I suppose, following some gradient from Reagan to here... Or even Nixon to here... But pretty much SOSDD.

Offline roamer_1

And whose fault is that?

Certainly not mine...  :shrug:

Online corbe

I'd hit it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

I'd hit it.

You gotta stop thinking with your glands, man. And, dude...where are your standards?

Online corbe

Anti-Trump Republicans can't save the GOP by voting for Biden

by Kimberly Ross  | June 26, 2020 12:18 PM

In 2016, Carly Fiorina faced off against Donald Trump as one of the Republican presidential candidates looking to take back the White House. As the only female in a crowded field, she stood out not only for her gender but for her ability to maintain her own against an unprecedented political foe. Anyone who followed the 2016 election cycle will remember that Trump mocked Fiorina's appearance. When the next debate came he apologized on camera to an unenthused Carly Fiorina. In the end, Fiorina voted for Donald Trump, despite any personal issues she may have had with him.

But times have changed.

During an interview this week with the Atlantic, Fiorina expressed her willingness to vote for Joe Biden in November. She described the Election Day decision as a "binary choice," one in which she cannot and will not support the Republican on the ballot. As a disgruntled former candidate who has been publicly shamed by Trump, Fiorina's choice seems to make sense at first glance. But as a pro-life Republican, it does not.

In the interview, when asked about Biden's stance as an abortion supporter and how it conflicted with her views, Fiorina stated, "We’re not making progress. And so let’s focus on making progress where people agree and actually solving a problem of abortion after five months." When reminded that Biden has supported more access to abortion she replied, "I think this is a great example of an opportunity to lead rather than just playing politics. He could do that. He could lead. He could problem-solve. He could find common ground on a bipartisan basis."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/anti-trump-republicans-cant-save-the-gop-by-voting-for-joe-biden
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

You gotta stop thinking with your glands, man. And, dude...where are your standards?

If it wasn't for LOW standards, I'd have no standards at all @aligncare   :beer:

Offline aligncare

If it wasn't for LOW standards, I'd have no standards at all @aligncare   :beer:

The eyes are the windows to the soul. Those beady eyes of hers look like they only go down to the parking lot.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'd hit it.

Corbe....  Laz of Brieferville.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   I'm sure glad @Chosen Daughter has a thick skin because I, for one, would miss her if she left.  I wish you fellas would Lighten up.

And I wish you'd STFU and stop auditioning for @mystery-ak
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

He's right.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Certainly not mine...  :shrug:

Nor mine.  I am registered to the wrong Party for that. :shrug:

:beer:  (A new wonder I learned upon getting retired:  "day drinking."  :laugh: )
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

OK, for that remark @DCPatriot I'm gonna vote for biteme also, screw your Orange Revolution.   

/s

Offline roamer_1

Nor mine.  I am registered to the wrong Party for that. :shrug:

:beer:  (A new wonder I learned upon getting retired:  "day drinking."  :laugh: )

LOL!... Knew about that all the way along... Usually starts with the hair of the dog... And the next thing you know, it's next Tuesday...  :whistle:

Offline PeteS in CA

... And she is a face in the Evangelical Church. ...

@Chosen Daughter, ?? I've been in Silicon Valley Evangelical circles since the Carter Administration. I never heard Carly Fiorina's name mentioned during the time when she was leading HP and living in Los Altos Hills. Looking into it some, I see she was raised Episcopalian, which, sadly, is in no sense Evangelical. She herself has said that she is not a regular church goer. So I'm not sure where you get that Carly Fiorina "is a face in the Evangelical Church".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

So Fiorina is now an enemy of the state because she has announced she will be voting for Biden.  ... 

But she does have the right to vote for whoever she pleases. ...

@Applewood,

Someone said Fiorina "is now an enemy of the state because she has announced she will be voting for Biden"? Who?

Someone questioned Fiorina's "right to vote for whoever she pleases"? Who?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 06:22:57 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online mountaineer

Your Betters For Biden
Kurt Schlichter
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 8:48 AM
We’re going to see a nearly endless line of nominally Republican Establishment hacks you had long forgotten about announcing that they are voting for Grandpa Badfinger this fall, and the idea is that this will freak out us squares and make us all rethink our support for Donald Trump. What it should do is make us all rethink how we ever got to the point where we once supported the gooey likes of Carly Fiorina and the rest of the dilettantes and cruise ship cons in the first place.

No, we don’t play that anymore. We got woke, the kind of woke you get putting your hand on a hot stove – that image kind of sums up how we actual conservatives feel after decades of supporting losers whose astonishing record of failure is equaled in magnitude by their astonishing self-regard. The best and brightest are neither.

Once upon a time, when I believed in the fairy tale that is Conservative, Inc., I supported Carly Fiorina. She was running in California and was not a Democrat, and I would have supported a talking chancre sore over a California Democrat.   ...

But people like Fiorina, Joe Biden’s newest, bestest buddy, never cared about conservatism or us conservatives. Her loyalty was ever to her class, not to us. If you wanted to get her attention, you would tell her she was risking dirty looks at the country club and she’d bend to the Establishment’s will like Gumby in a vise. But when millions of Americans cried out at their ruination via outsourcing, well, remember that as a corporate bigwig she gave Bain Boy a run for his money in sending our jobs overseas to our enemies, and got even richer doing it.

Now, these are the people we are supposed to see glom onto Biden and think, “Gee, if these serious, accomplished individuals are siding with that gibbering old pervert, perhaps I should likewise pledge my allegiance to that basement-lurking dementite.”  ...
https://townhall.com/columnists//kurtschlichter/2020/06/26/your-betters-for-biden-n2571391
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

But people like Fiorina, Joe Biden’s newest, bestest buddy, never cared about conservatism or us conservatives. Her loyalty was ever to her class, not to us. If you wanted to get her attention, you would tell her she was risking dirty looks at the country club and she’d bend to the Establishment’s will like Gumby in a vise. But when millions of Americans cried out at their ruination via outsourcing, well, remember that as a corporate bigwig she gave Bain Boy a run for his money in sending our jobs overseas to our enemies, and got even richer doing it.

1. Re "outsourcing", that began in the world of tech in the 1970s, if not the 1960s (I'm speaking from what I saw on ICs in the late 1970s, not not pulling factoids out of my rectum). I don't know whether Schlichter is less than well informed or being disingenuous, but if HP (and Dell, and Apple, and etc.) didn't outsource their manufacturing in the 80s and 90s, those companies would have an adjective in common, bankrupt. If Schlichter knows what these companies should have done instead that kept them in business, well, Schlicter could be an instant billionaire by marketing that strategy!

2. More to the point of this thread, before her failed 2016 Presidential run, Fiorina ran for the Senate against Babs Bouncer. CA's R Party has two wings, conservative and Mo-o-o-o-o-o-o-oderate. When a Mo-o-o-o-o-o-o-oderate candidate gets the nomination for an office, they spend a significant part of their campaign talking about how they aren't one of those conservative neanderthals. When a conservative gets the nomination for an office, the Mo-o-o-o-o-o-o-oderates pick up their $$ and go pout in a corner. To Fiorina, I'm a neanderthal of the worst sort, a Pro-Life conservative. So Schlichter is correct, +/-10%, about how Fiorina views conservatives - Fungus Amongus.

Offline DCPatriot

OK, for that remark @DCPatriot I'm gonna vote for biteme also, screw your Orange Revolution.   

/s

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

He's right.

@roamer_1

You whiny snot!

A couple of your posts were taken down. You posted an opus.

You ain't the person to discuss "thick skin".   :nono:

Offline Axeslinger

@roamer_1

You whiny snot!

A couple of your posts were taken down. You posted an opus.

You ain't the person to discuss "thick skin".   :nono:

Ah, @DCPatriot ...ever the fella to bring his very best to TBR.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  You are a pox.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:33:43 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson