Author Topic: She Wanted to Be a Republican President. She’s Voting for Biden. (Carly)  (Read 9728 times)

Online roamer_1

Foundation is probably the worst thing that can be applied to skin.

Especially with a trowel. I don't even find that to be attractive. Or rather, I find it to be abhorrent.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pete...  factoid (from a student of history).  I have seen data where it is beleived that 60-70% of the women in this country were addicted to Laudlum in the late 19th century.  My intuition tells me sometimes a "reason" was needed for a hit.

@catfish1957

I have what *I* consider better info than that. The woman who raised me was born in 1910,and she told me stories about how most of the local women in the 20's and 30's were ordering Laudlum by the case from the Sears catalogue. It was actually advertised as something to calm women and help them get through the day.

Which would drive today's wimmins libbers up the wall because they are not only ignorant of politics,but ignorant of everything else,too. THE most educated gathering of fools in the history of the world.

Anyhow,back on subject. When you stop and think about the daily life of women with children back then,it was nothing more of less than a life of brutal work that is never done,and almost totally lacking when it comes to appreciation because,let's face it,the husband's/father's life wasn't what you could call a bundle of joy,either. Work 6 days a week for 12 hours at mostly manual labor work,and your big moment of the day was to either come home for dinner and the hope of reading the paper (IF they could read) as a way of relaxing. Either that,or go to a bar,and most just didn't have the money to go to bars.

Being single was DEFINITELY where it was at back then.

BTW,this conversation came about after I came home one night from partying,and cleverly hid my bag of pot in the spoon jar on the table.

BTW,the "vapors" is what happens to a female dog when she goes into season. It was a polite way to say a woman was hot to trot .

Not that *I* personally would ever even THINK that a woman would ever want to have sex for any reason other than procreation,and even then it would be reluctantly,mind you!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:42:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
ooophoto   :turkeycarve:   :mauslaff:

@Chosen Daughter

Just imagine you are alone with Jesus,and Barry White is singing on the radio.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

@catfish1957

I have what *I* consider better info than that. The woman who raised me was born in 1910,and she told me stories about how most of the local women in the 20's and 30's were ordering Laudlum by the case from the Sears catalogue. It was actually advertised as something to calm women and help them get through the day.

@sneakypete
That's right, but kinda incomplete. Morphine and cocaine derivatives are a product of the civil war... It was actually beginning before that, as one can almost literally trace distribution back to Chinese in California, and exploded in distribution with the railroad's completion.

It was a very serious problem with addicts of the day usually found to be Civil War vets and housewives... And eventually led to the formation of the FDA for 'truth in ingredients' purposes to fight the first national drug war...

Laudanum certainly has a place in it (though I think Laudanum was always a prescription medicine), but a whole lot of the addiction was through marketing of feel-good 'medicines' sold across the counter containing opiates and particularly cocaine - Hence Coca Cola's ignominious roots, which were everything but uncommon.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Especially with a trowel. I don't even find that to be attractive. Or rather, I find it to be abhorrent.

Sometimes they're after that "manikin" skin look.  If I wanted to see that, I'd get one of those "realistic life-sized dolls."   *bouche*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I had a stepmother that troweled it on.  She used to wear turtle neck sweaters and she troweled all the way down her neck.  The sweaters were beige too.   888mouth
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker
Moved out here in fifth or sixth grade. My mamma is a Kansas farm gal, and the old man was Blue Collar and self employed, with enough sense to marry a farm gal.

Came out here early enough that not much of Chicago stuck to me... A bit handicapped to start with, but just in time, really. Of all the things I owe my old man,  the biggest one is having the sense to drag me out here and set me free.

Before turning 7 I had lived in CA, Utah, CA again, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, and back again to California.

During my lifetime my county has grown from about 200 thousand to 3.2 million.

IIt is doubtful my wife would leave, since for 53 years of marriage we have been within a mile of the ocean, and I have never lived in a house with AC.

We fight and make up a couple of times a day. I showed her some other places. Aside from the CA coast, she picked St. George Utah and Sedona Arizona. Too hot, and you need AC--so what is the point? To her.

She is already a hot blooded Italian.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

I would rather imagine you alone with Jesus.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Before turning 7 I had lived in CA, Utah, CA again, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, and back again to California.

IIt is doubtful my wife would leave, since for 53 years of marriage we have been within a mile of the ocean, and I have never lived in a house with AC.

We fight and make up a couple of times a day. I showed her some other places. Aside from the CA coast, she picked St. George Utah and Sedona Arizona. Too hot, and you need AC--so what is the point? To her.

Well how nice.  I was right you live in California.  Land of fruits and nuts.  And you are not 22 like your profile states.  And they are definitely nuts.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:40:31 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline skeeter

OC was wide open as late as the 90s, when I'd travel there regularly to visit our HDD suppliers. I hear its changed quite a bit since.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@sneakypete
That's right, but kinda incomplete. Morphine and cocaine derivatives are a product of the civil war... It was actually beginning before that, as one can almost literally trace distribution back to Chinese in California, and exploded in distribution with the railroad's completion.

It was a very serious problem with addicts of the day usually found to be Civil War vets and housewives... And eventually led to the formation of the FDA for 'truth in ingredients' purposes to fight the first national drug war...

Laudanum certainly has a place in it (though I think Laudanum was always a prescription medicine), but a whole lot of the addiction was through marketing of feel-good 'medicines' sold across the counter containing opiates and particularly cocaine - Hence Coca Cola's ignominious roots, which were everything but uncommon.

My mother drank so much Coca Cola.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Well how nice.  I was right you live in California.  Land of fruits and nuts.  And you are not 22 like your profile states.  And they are definitely nuts.

I'll be walking by the Pacific Ocean later, and you are in Seattle.

If you actually thought I was 22, you are the one that is nuts. And in Seattle.

Readers may decide for themselves.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'll be walking by the Pacific Ocean later, and you are in Seattle.

If you actually thought I was 22, you are the one that is nuts. And in Seattle.

Readers may decide for themselves.

I don't live in Seattle.  I walk on the beaches of the Coast and the Sound all the time.  So?  Washington is a beautiful state.  Rialto Beach.  Ocean Shores.  Long Beach.  Ruby Beach.  Deception Pass...………….  We have the Straights of Juan de Fuca.  And the Islands.  You should visit some time.

https://cityseeker.com/victoria-bc/1144073-strait-of-juan-de-fuca

https://beautifulwashington.com/island-county.html

https://forgetsomeday.com/rialto-beach/

San Juan Islands:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=san+juan+islands&form=HDRSC2&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:07:12 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online roamer_1

@truth_seeker
 :shrug:

Send her up this way.... The Tetons in WY or ID, the ID panhandle, or Western MT... So long as you can take the Winter... If you are more urban, maybe Spokane Wa, Boise ID, or Missoula MT... Bozeman MT too, maybe..

For me, this right here is the jewel of the world... NW Montana (really Western MT) over through the Idaho panhandle. Of that, maybe the Flathead valley (Kalispell, where I live) and Coeur d'Alene Idaho are the best, though I would rather be up in the Yaak here or over in the Priest River country in ID... That's probably way too wild for y'all.

We are getting too big here... About 40k in Kalispell, and 70-90k in the whole valley (concentrated in Kalispell, Whitefish, Columbia Falls, Bigfork, and Polson), Though deep forest is little more than 10 miles away most anywhere hereabouts. Miles and miles of it.

I don't have air conditioning, nor have I ever, absent a window unit here and there... Even when it is HOT (end of July through August), maybe 2 weeks above low 90's and a day or two here and there, normally, when the sun goes down, so does the temperature. It's 40s and 50s at night... So if you shut the house up in the morning, and close all the curtains where the sun is going to be, and open her up at night, the house stays nice till late afternoon... with an ice cold lake or river never too far away. So worst case scenario, a couple weeks of evening fishing...

It's really about the winter, but if you live in town, and have a decent snow blower, it ain't all that.
If you are a rancher or a gentleman rancher, figure on a snow plow for the pickup and a good tractor with a loader and/or blower... Necessities.

Online roamer_1

I had a stepmother that troweled it on.  She used to wear turtle neck sweaters and she troweled all the way down her neck.  The sweaters were beige too.   888mouth

It ain't really the concrete. I have just found in my life that women that need to hide behind all that crap tend to have massive insecurities. YMMV  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

My mother drank so much Coca Cola.

So did I early on... Well Pepsi and Mountain Dew... Went through a cold pack a day for a while there... Kept a cooler full of ice in the truck. Till I found out that freezing milk jugs full of water was way more satisfying when working hard out on the land... Still have four jugs froze up in the freezer, just something I do... And somewhere around 30 or 35 I went back to my roots and started drinking sweet tea and lemonade. Been doing that all my life other than then. mo bedda

Offline Chosen Daughter

Here it is @truth_seeker the liberal section of Washington that controls our politics.  Highly populated with leftists.  Much of them migrating from shriek!!!!!!! California.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=g1ROWbUq&id=1F3436DCA80E80E2C66B980F8E24435EF9A09F02&thid=OIP.g1ROWbUqkvK6xw6FPshZoQAAAA&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fupload.wikimedia.org%2fwikipedia%2fcommons%2fthumb%2fe%2fe7%2fSeattle-lakewashington-lakesammamish.PNG%2f250px-Seattle-lakewashington-lakesammamish.PNG&exph=267&expw=250&q=map+of+the+east+side+washington&simid=607987787790354652&ck=B81AA08B58DAB1CD573C0E5709323465&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

A State Divided: As Washington Becomes More Liberal, Republicans Push Back
New liberal laws and a new senate coalition illustrate the stark east-west divide in Washington state
By Kayla Webley Jan. 15, 2013

https://nation.time.com/2013/01/15/a-state-divided-as-washington-becomes-more-liberal-republicans-push-back/

People have been jumping ship from California for a long time.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/10/31/190122-more-people-left-california-last-year-vs-arrived-a-38-jump/

They bring their liberalism to Washington.  We have a saying.  Don't Californiate Washington.  Too late.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So did I early on... Well Pepsi and Mountain Dew... Went through a cold pack a day for a while there... Kept a cooler full of ice in the truck. Till I found out that freezing milk jugs full of water was way more satisfying when working hard out on the land... Still have four jugs froze up in the freezer, just something I do... And somewhere around 30 or 35 I went back to my roots and started drinking sweet tea and lemonade. Been doing that all my life other than then. mo bedda

I only drink water or tea, no sugar since stage 3 cancer.  I used to drink Coke, but not like my mother.

Online roamer_1

I quit shaving when I retired.  Gave up makeup years ago when I realized how time consuming it was to apply and I'd rather spend my time on other things.  Pantyhose went by the boards when my last employer instituted a business casual dress code.  Dresses too were gone in favor of pants.  These days if I have, say, a wedding to attend, I don't have anything to dress up.  So I don't go.  Fine with me -- never liked the overblown weddings customary in my family and where I live anyway.

No high heels.  Give me a flat heel.  Or better yet, sneakers.

When I was a youngster, corsets were gone, but my domineering mother insisted I wear a girdle.  Most uncomfortable dang thing on the planet.    I finally said no to that too.

All this stuff women do to make themselves attractive, or so they think:  I decided long ago to just be me.  No extra frills.  If a guy doesn't like me as i am, well, it's his loss.

I meant what I said - Now, I don't know about Mediterranean tribes...  Most the gals up in the sticks around here are Scots Irish, Native, or Norwegian/Swedish or some other northern European derivative... But many hilljillies have never had a razor to em. Anywhere. Their fur is fine and delicate, soft, and doesn't bother me at all. In fact I find it sexy as hell. The first three gals I went with had hair.

I don't know, maybe a gal can get that soft fur back... I know it took years for my beard to turn soft after shaving for so long. Started out bristly and sparse and women objected... now it is soft, full and flowing... Maybe that same sort of reversion can happen for women too. But mostly, women who start off to shave have to continue.

But my point being, natural woman or natural man... Social sensibilities are mostly baloney. Learned nonsense that is a form of vanity.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yer all a bunch of Neanderthals.   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

I only drink water or tea, no sugar since stage 3 cancer.  I used to drink Coke, but not like my mother.

I drink a TON of water. And a TON of sweet tea... sugar or honey, interchangeable with what I have. Still WAY less sugar than in your standard can of coke.

Also partial to strong coffee, chaga, dandelion coffee, and a wide variety of hot teas. It is SO nice to have chaga back... with your condition, you should be drinking chaga too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Yer all a bunch of Neanderthals.   :laugh:

Lol, my kind of folks. Now where did I last leave my hair clippers, the beard is getting kinda shaggy.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

I drink a TON of water. And a TON of sweet tea... sugar or honey, interchangeable with what I have. Still WAY less sugar than in your standard can of coke.

Also partial to strong coffee, chaga, dandelion coffee, and a wide variety of hot teas. It is SO nice to have chaga back... with your condition, you should be drinking chaga too.

Oh, dandelion coffee.  How is that done?

Online roamer_1

Oh, dandelion coffee.  How is that done?

The root cleaned and chopped to about 1/4" chunks... fairly uniform is important...
spread em out on a dry cookie sheet and roast em in the oven low (250-300 maybe) removing to worry em up now and then to keep it from sticking , till at least golden, though the darker they get the richer they get.. I like a light coffee bean brown color. Then run it through a coffee grinder to a powder.

Roughly a teaspoon to a cup. YMMV... Add what you'd like. I take it black with a hint of black-strap molasses, which I consider necessary for this deep tone that makes it more like coffee.

If you buy off the Azure truck, they have it in singles sticks or in a 1 lb pouch... That's where I get mine mostly. Dandy Blend, I think. Dandelion with chicory, beet, barley and rye.

Remember about the molasses... just a touch. Not too much

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Chosen Daughter

Damn you, Pete!!

First Diet Pepsi I've opened in a decade and you made it go out of my nose!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald