Author Topic: Trump faces bipartisan calls for answers on Russian-offered bounties  (Read 493 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump faces bipartisan calls for answers on Russian-offered bounties
By Rebecca Kheel and Olivia Beavers - 06/29/20 05:33 PM EDT

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are demanding answers after a flurry of reports revealed the intelligence community concluded months ago that Russia offered bounties to incentivize Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan.

The uproar includes a chorus of Republicans who are typically reticent to confront President Trump, who has sought to deflect blame and responsibility by arguing he was not briefed on the intelligence that he claims is not credible.

But congressional Republicans and Democrats — calling the reported Russian operation “egregious” and “disturbing” — say Trump’s explanations only raise more questions that the administration must answer immediately.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/505125-trump-faces-bipartisan-calls-for-answers-on-russian-offered-bounties
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump faces bipartisan calls for answers on Russian-offered bounties
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:59:13 pm »
Once again the Repub's join the Dems..they just can't wait until all the facts are known instead they join in on blaming Trump
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 11:49:06 pm »
GOP senator: Congress must find out what Trump knew of Russian bounties, and when
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/505145-gop-senator-congress-must-find-out-what-trump-knew-of-russian-bounties-and
Support the USO

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 01:26:39 am »
Once again the Repub's join the Dems..they just can't wait until all the facts are known instead they join in on blaming Trump

Hi @mystery-ak

I am wondering how you think they are going to find the facts if this isn't investigated?  Don't you think people deserve to get the truth about whether Russia was paying terrorists to kill our troops?  Because Trump would have just been happy saying he never received a breifing.  There are so many different versions going around its pretty obvious that the truth does not abound.

Take this report from Hot Air:

AP sources: Yes, Trump was briefed on Russia putting bounties on U.S. troops earlier this year
AllahpunditPosted at 11:21 am on June 29, 2020

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/06/29/ap-sources-yes-trump-briefed-russia-putting-bounties-u-s-troops-earlier-year/

I didn't excerpt because the whole thing needs to be read.  It goes from this report to that source on and on.

I was taught that one lie leads to another.  I have said that if this is false reporting they need to be taken to court and held accountable.  Freedom of press is not without limits.  Someone or many are lying and trying to cover up. 

Its my opinion that every Congress person should demand explanations.  And if some official made a determination they need to explain why.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 01:43:35 am »
Hi @mystery-ak

I am wondering how you think they are going to find the facts if this isn't investigated?  Don't you think people deserve to get the truth about whether Russia was paying terrorists to kill our troops?  Because Trump would have just been happy saying he never received a breifing.  There are so many different versions going around its pretty obvious that the truth does not abound.

Take this report from Hot Air:

AP sources: Yes, Trump was briefed on Russia putting bounties on U.S. troops earlier this year
AllahpunditPosted at 11:21 am on June 29, 2020

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/06/29/ap-sources-yes-trump-briefed-russia-putting-bounties-u-s-troops-earlier-year/

I didn't excerpt because the whole thing needs to be read.  It goes from this report to that source on and on.

I was taught that one lie leads to another.  I have said that if this is false reporting they need to be taken to court and held accountable.  Freedom of press is not without limits.  Someone or many are lying and trying to cover up. 

Its my opinion that every Congress person should demand explanations.  And if some official made a determination they need to explain why.

OMGGGGGGG
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 01:49:12 am »
AP Sources is as far as I got....Catherine Herridge has been investigating and she claims he was never briefed....it's posted on TBR someplace..

found it
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,406880.0.html
Support the USO

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 02:24:20 am »
AP Sources is as far as I got....Catherine Herridge has been investigating and she claims he was never briefed....it's posted on TBR someplace..

found it
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,406880.0.html

OK

Katherine Herridge said so because she talked to...……

I had already read that.  So no need to read it again.  And the question is also if he wasn't briefed why not?

Not AP, OK  How about Military.com?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/06/29/lawmakers-want-hearings-claims-russia-set-bounties-deployed-us-troops.html

Just saying that Americans deserve to know what happened.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 05:23:03 am »
Been the uniparty for some time now, especially on spending.