Author Topic: Judge releases man charged with battery at ABQ protest  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

Judge releases man charged with battery at ABQ protest
« on: June 25, 2020, 12:46:51 pm »

Judge releases man charged with battery at ABQ protest

By Edmundo Carrillo / Journal Staff Writer
Published: Monday, June 22nd, 2020 at 11:29am
Updated: Monday, June 22nd, 2020 at 11:17pm

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A man who faces several battery charges stemming from a protest in Albuquerque earlier this month has been released on his own recognizance.

Second Judicial District Judge Charles Brown released Steven Ray Baca, 31, Monday morning. Brown said he believed Baca posed a danger to the community, but also said that there were conditions of release that could keep the community safe. Baca is required to report to Pretrial Services, cannot possess firearms and cannot go to any protests while the charges are pending.

“I’m going to find that the defendant may be a danger to the community,” Brown said. “However, the state completely fails on the second prong of the analysis as to whether or not there are any conditions which would reasonably protect the community.”

https://www.abqjournal.com/1468683/judge-releases-man-tied-to-shooting-in-old-town.html

Offline verga

Re: Judge releases man charged with battery at ABQ protest
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 01:14:46 pm »
How about keeping his @$$ in Jail.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 02:20:25 pm »
Judge facing re-election in "Brown Town"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 04:29:35 pm »
Bail can't be denied, except in extreme cases, and cannot be excessive, but released OR? The judge should be forced to house the guy in the judge's spare bedroom!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 04:57:01 pm »
Bail can't be denied, except in extreme cases, and cannot be excessive, but released OR? The judge should be forced to house the guy in the judge's spare bedroom!

I know this sounds horrible, but it's coming from my tongue being firmly stuck in my cheek: lately, I've been wishing that a bunch of judges end up in the same predicament as the judge in the movie "Peppermint."

Law Abiding Citizen is another favorite of mine...does that make me dangerous?

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.