Author Topic: Top GOP senator: Polls are 'a message' to Trump to change strategy  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Top GOP senator: Polls are 'a message' to Trump to change strategy
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2020, 12:59:33 am »
Applewood wrote:
"So if Trump could do nothing in the first four years, particularly when his party was calling all the shots..."

That's WHY he couldn't get anything done.
Because the Republican PARTY was "calling all the shots".

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 01:07:44 am »
Applewood wrote:
"But I do think Thune is right about independents   Many of them went for Trump in 2016.  Trump should not assume they will do the same this year."

My take of "independent" is someone who is unable or unwilling to make up his/her mind and take a stand.

This year, more than ever in our recent history.

Well, this independent would like to "take a stand" as you call it, but the choices between the two parties are abysmal.  IMO, if you are looking for Trump to "save us" from the Democrats, you are making the wrong choice.    Neither candidate is the right choice.

If "independents" are so STUPID that they can't look around, observe what's happening, and then know which way to go -- especially in view of the past 5 weeks -- they're literally "too stupid to vote".

In their case, I'm all for "voter suppression".

You must be friends with @sneakypete   He once told me I should have my right to vote taken away.

We all have choices to make and we all have the right to make them.  It's just that right now, I don't see either choice as being any good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 01:12:58 am »
Applewood wrote:
"So if Trump could do nothing in the first four years, particularly when his party was calling all the shots..."

That's WHY he couldn't get anything done.
Because the Republican PARTY was "calling all the shots".

Nonsense.  True, it's up to congress to write and pass legislation to get things done, but as president, he should have had the influence to work with his party to get a move on.  He didn't do that.  All of them, from the president on down, sat on their collective rumps and squandered a perfect opportunity . They all share the blame for not keeping their promises. 

Offline DB

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 01:38:40 am »
Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result...

Brilliant.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 02:47:56 am »
What things?

Seem to me Trump wastes an unusual amount of time on petty BS when he should be talking seriously about the issues and outlining strategies for dealing with them.

He has not taken this virus seriously and what he calls his "response" to the coronavirus has consisted of blaming China, mocking the virus itself and those daily briefings which he spent campaigning for re-election instead of providing meaningful information and reassurance to a nation in crisis. 

And then there are those terrorists going around the country destroying monuments, burning, looting and committing violent acts against police and ordinary citizens.  Oh, Trump has made threats and I seem to recall the DOJ was going to investigate these terrorists.  But it seems to those of us non-supporters that it's all been so much hot air. 

Plus we look at his first term -- all the promises unfulfilled and broken.  Trump and the Republicans  at one point had both houses of congress plus the presidency.    What did they accomplish exactly?  Nothing.  So if Trump could do nothing in the first four years, particularly when his party was calling all the shots, what makes anyone think he's going to do any better the next four years, particularly now that his party lost the house and quite possibly will lose the senate too?

Those of us not mesmerized by Trump's schtick look instead at his first-term record and see the prospects for a second term.  Neither are pretty.
Once again, we are faced with an alternative which will move the proverbial ball in the wrong direction.
Against Obama or the Clintons, just holding ground was considered a victory.

I agree, it's time to get more done, and I am hoping behind the curtain of tweets and petty MSM attacks, there is some real work being done to remove the Deep State from power, to hold those who committed the numerous crimes of the Obama Administration accountable, to put their crooked butts in prison.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 03:29:52 am »
Nothing would make JARVANKA happier and popular at the Hampton's cocktail parties of SOROS than having his daddy in law LOSE

This is one of the most profoundly ill-informed assertions I've read here ... and this is truly saying something.

Jared is responsible for Trump's first win.  He was the one who walked into Trump's office at the tail end of the campaign and told him "the numbers actually show you can win in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania --- get back on the plane". 

Don't piss all over the guy because you hate the Hamptons. 

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:32:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dancer

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 07:54:14 am »
"What things?"

*Do I really have to re-post that long list?  He has accomplished more than any of the previous Presidents.

"Seem to me Trump wastes an unusual amount of time on petty BS when he should be talking seriously about the issues and outlining strategies for dealing with them."

*So you think PDJT should stop hitting at the arseholes who constantly attack him?  Sure.  He should just let them ride rough shod like W did.  LOL

"He has not taken this virus seriously and what he calls his "response" to the coronavirus has consisted of blaming China, mocking the virus itself and those daily briefings which he spent campaigning for re-election instead of providing meaningful information and reassurance to a nation in crisis. "

*I guess you forgot about the attacks against him in January because he stopped flights from China.  And yes, it is China's fault.  Covid is a bio-weapon.  Remember his constant statements that the best Covid treatment is Hydroxychloroquine - the drug that is now being controlled by deep state players?  Big Pharma will push
eugenicist Gate's 666 vaccine, the one he is trying to make mandatory.  Lots of $$$ to be made off the suffering of the peasants.

"And then there are those terrorists going around the country destroying monuments, burning, looting and committing violent acts against police and ordinary citizens.  Oh, Trump has made threats and I seem to recall the DOJ was going to investigate these terrorists.  But it seems to those of us non-supporters that it's all been so much hot air."

*Others have already addressed this nonsense.  Trump is #OrangeManBad because he adheres to the Constitution.
It is up to the states to ask him to intervene.  Are state's rights no longer important to you?  When they ask, his response is immediate.  The terrorists get routed and arrested.  He has also used an EO to mandate that toppling statues and destruction is criminal and subject to 10 years in prison.

"Plus we look at his first term -- all the promises unfulfilled and broken.  Trump and the Republicans  at one point had both houses of congress plus the presidency.    What did they accomplish exactly?  Nothing."

*LOL  Did you forget about #DeepState Rinos who refused to pass the necessary bills?  Paul Ryan?  The Globalist R swines who still will not bring legislation to the table?  All that is Trump's fault?  Oh, and he has kept a lot of his promises, despite having to battle Congress every step of the way. 
FINALLY we have a President who will build the wall and stop the invasion of our nation, stopping Human and drug traffic that so many said they would do and DID NOT DO.  They were in on the $$$.  No wonder they all become millionaires while "serving."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2020, 01:45:30 pm »
Thune may be right about independents. 

But I don't see Trump changing anything.  His schtick entertains his fans.  Trump isn't interested in attracting anyone outside his base.  That could be a bad strategy.

@Applewood

I agree. He enjoys giving the left strokes too much to quit,but he needs to start putting at least half of his focus on talking about his accomplishments or he might be in trouble.

Normally,this wouldn't be a problem because Biden would be out in public being the retard and sexual predator he is,but because of this fake "pandemic" his handlers have been able to mostly keep him from saying much in public.

You will never convince me the Dims worked hand-in-hand with the Chinese to release this virus into the US to stop campaigning. It's just too "convenient" to be accidential.

Trump could still win in a landslide if he were to adopt a 50/50 mix of discussing policy/accomplishments,and making the Dims lose what little minds they have.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 01:52:45 pm »
First of all polls haven't been reliable the past several election cycles.  Secondly, this is June.  I think it's a little early to be making such assessments.  The first debate between Trump and Biden hasn't happened

@libertybele   You can't seriously believe there is going to be debates,can you? Virus,Part 2 has just began to play.

and I think we're all waiting to see if Biden even stays in the race or steps down. 

He is NOT going to step down because as bad as he is,he is still the most presentable Dim they have.

I SUSPECT what is going to happen is the Dims are going to get mail in voting,and then steal the election. Once that has happened,Biden will step down due to medical problems before being sworn in,and the DNC will nominate someone they trust,Hillary Clinton,and it will be back to "business as usual" for the left.

We're also still waiting to see who Biden selects as VP --

It doesn't matter because the VP won't be nominated as the President.

And I seriously doubt it will be Manchelle because there is no way Hillary is going to have a VP that steals some of her thunder,and Manchelle would steal a LOT of it because it is black.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2020, 01:59:37 pm »
His "schtick" is not only entertaining us, but he is actually getting things done that we have hoped for, for decades.

@dancer

I am in 100 percent agreement with both statements,but Trump MUST start speaking about his actual political accomplishments as president on a daily basis,as well as his ridicule of the Dim leadership.

If he doesn't,he might just lose because most of the "unaffiliated voters" determine who wins,and these people are NOT Republican voters paying close attention to what Trump actually accomplishes. They know what they know about the candidates from what their teebees tell them.

Given that NO network tv station is even going to whisper anything positive about Trump,the ONLY way these people will know about his accomplishments is if Trump brags about them during his televised press conferences.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 02:02:18 pm »
I actually think the opposite.  He is about the only political figure giving the finger to the BLM / Anitfa looters and rioters.
I think that actually helps his cause.

OTOH, he gets an "F" for fiscal actions of late.  That is hurting.

@catfish1957

He has GOT to start bragging about his accomplishments,and telling voters about his future plans while doing it,or he might be in trouble.

Don't forget,Virus,Part 2 has just arrived,so the Dims plan to steal the election via mail in ballots is still in play.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2020, 02:02:31 pm »
@dancer

I am in 100 percent agreement with both statements,but Trump MUST start speaking about his actual political accomplishments as president on a daily basis,as well as his ridicule of the Dim leadership.

If he doesn't,he might just lose because most of the "unaffiliated voters" determine who wins,and these people are NOT Republican voters paying close attention to what Trump actually accomplishes. They know what they know about the candidates from what their teebees tell them.

Given that NO network tv station is even going to whisper anything positive about Trump,the ONLY way these people will know about his accomplishments is if Trump brags about them during his televised press conferences.

He has only recently begun campaigning & already the media, predictably, is claiming he's failing.

I realize this virus has truncated everything this campaign season but I'll wait a month or so before I start panicking.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2020, 02:05:59 pm »
What things?

Well,since you asked,here is a partial list.

President Donald J. Trump's Accomplishments List:
Government
Trump signs historic USMCA trade agreement
Trump Creates New Position Dedicated to Fighting Human Trafficking
Trump signs law giving Veterans smoother path to STEM careers
Senate confirms Trump's 170th Federal Judge with even more to come
Trump signs bill restoring funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities
Trump signs bill that makes Extreme Animal Cruelty a Felony
Trump signs executive order protecting Medicare
Trump Signs Bill Protecting Disability Payments for Veterans Who Declare Bankruptcy
Trump signs 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund into law
Trump signs bill to fund Autism CARES Act
Trump meets Kim Jong Un at DMZ and becomes first sitting US President to enter North Korea
Trump signs measure aimed at Preventing Veteran Suicides
Trump signs Major public lands Conservation bill into law
Trump signs into law Genocide Prevention Act
Trump signs legislation enhancing US Leadership in Indo Pacific region
President Trump signs Ashanti Alert Act into law
Trump Signs $867B Bipartisan Farm Bill with Welfare Reform Work Requirements
Trump Signs Law Punishing Chinese Officials Who Restrict Access to Tibet
Production of Hemp to become Legal in all 50 States with Farm Bill passage
Trump Limits Asylum Migrants must come in Legally
Trump Signs New Hezbollah Sanctions Into Law
Trump signs Opioids Law at White House event
Trump signs bipartisan Water Infrastructure spending law
Trump signs the Music Modernization Act, the biggest change to copyright law in decades
Trump signs bills to Help Patients stop overpaying for Medicine
Trump signs law ending Gag Orders against Pharmacists sharing Money Saving information
Trump signs bill requiring Airports to provide spaces for Breastfeeding Moms
Trump signs Karis Law on the 50th Anniversary of 911
Trump signs order to keep Guantanamo Military Prison open
Trump signs proclamation directing troops to secure border
President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong-un sign ‘important document’ at Singapore summit
Trump signs law giving Border Patrol better Fentanyl detection tools
Trump signs law expanding Hate Crime protections to Religious Institutions
Trump signs technical education bill into law
Trump signs law to expand Childhood Cancer Research
Trump signs bill easing U.S. bank rules into law
TRUMP SIGNS LAW FIGHTING SEX-TRAFFICKING
Trump Cuts aid to Palestine
Trump signs law creating national historic park for Martin Luther King Jr.
Trump signs into law U.S. government ban on Kaspersky Lab software
Trump signs Russia sanctions bill into law
Donald Trump signs law aimed at cutting abortion funding
President Trump signs law declaring National Vietnam War Veterans Day
Trump Signs 3 Executive Actions on Crime Against Police, Drug Cartels
TRUMP SIGNS NATIONAL DEFENSE BILL INTO LAW
Trump signs Space policy directive
Trump signs First Step Act criminal justice reform into law
Trump signs Historic USMCA trade agreement replacing NAFTA
President Trump secures release of Pastor Brunson from Turkey
President Trump Approval Rating at 51 Percent
Justice Kavanaugh SWORN IN to Supreme Court
Trump Shrinks Government by 16000 Jobs since elected
US Cuts 300 Million In Aid To Pakistan
Trump Cut Off 200 Million in Aid to Palestinians
Trump ends 230 Million Dollar Rebuilding Payments to Syria
Trump has our soldiers remains returned home from Korean War
Trump signs Right to Try drug bill
US Embassy moved to Jerusalem by President Donald J Trump
Trump secures release of American Prisoners from North Korea
Trump Negotiates Peace between North and South Korea
Trump Signs Order Calling for Work Requirements for Welfare Programs
HISTORIC: Trump Nominates First Woman for Head of CIA
Feds collect record taxes in first month under Trump’s tax cuts; runs surplus in January
Trump signs sweeping two-year budget deal - MILITARY FUNDED
Trump proposes biggest civil service change in 40 years - 'Hire the best and fire the worst'
Trump signs bipartisan bill to combat synthetic opioids
Trump Shrinks Federal Bureaucracy by 16000
President Trump set a record for lifetime appointed judges in 2017
Trump Signed 96 Laws In 2017
Trump Administration Set to Roll Back $900 Million in Obama-Era Offshore Drilling Regulations
Individual Mandate of Obamacare REPEALED
Senate Passes Historic Sweeping Tax Reform
Climate Change REMOVED from 'Threat List'
Trump Admin is a Deregulation Machine: Eliminating 22:1
Trump signs $700 billion defense bill, gives troops largest pay raise in 7 years
New Space Policy Directive Calls for Human Expansion Across Solar System
Trump Declares Jerusalem the Capital of Israel
Senate Passes Sweeping Tax Reform - 20% Corporate rate - Largest in 31 Years.
Trump Shuts Down CIA funding of Syrian Rebels
House Passes Tax Bill in Major Step Toward Overhaul
Senate Passes Budget Resolution Clearing the Way to pass Tax Reform with a Simple Majority
Trump's HHS defines life as beginning at conception
President Trump Declassifies and Releases JFK Files
Iran Deal: DECERTIFIED
Four Months into FY 2018, Refugee Admissions Plunge to Lowest Level in 15 Years
US increases security screening measures for vetting refugees
US Delays Payment to UN for Palestinians
US Suspends $2 BILLION in security assistance to Pakistan
Global Magnitsky Act Signed: Targeting Global Corruption and Human Rights Abuse
North Korea Designated as 'State Sponor of Terrorism'
United States Announces a New Strategy on Iran
Trump Administration Announces 'Extreme Vetting' Plans
Trump cuts Obama’s refugee target in half, takes more Christians than Muslims
Trump: 'We are stopping cold the attacks on Judeo-Christian values'
Trump administration abandons the Obama-era clean power plan aimed at reducing global warming
School Choice tops the list of Priorities U.S. Education Department Grants
Trump Signs Healthcare Order, Expands Choice and Access through associations
US and Israel withdraw from UNESCO citing "anti-Israel bias"
Trump has written 46 Executive Orders
Treasury Deparment to target companies doing business with North Korea
Trump has signed 53 bills into law
New Order Indefinitely Bars Almost All Travel From Seven Countries
UN Security Council unanimously steps up sanctions against North Korea
Fewest Monthly Refugee Arrivals in August Since 2002
Trump to stop travel from countries that refuse to help Homeland Security
America has withdrawn almost $300 million in foreign aid to Egypt
Trump Signs Order Rolling Back Environmental Rules on Infrastructure
11,000 government jobs slashed under Trump - downsizing government
UN Security Council unanimously imposed new sanctions on North Korea
Senate confirms 65 Trump nominees for various positions
U.S. Small Business Administration opens assistance center
800 Obama regulations cut - Saved over $200 billion
EPA's Pruitt moves to roll back over 30 environmental regulations in record time
Cut the White House budget - Saved taxpayers $22 million
Haley Tells Congress US Assuming More Assertive Role at UN
Trump’s EPA To Repeal Obama’s ‘Waters Of The US’ Rule
Eliminated 1200 man hours of wasteful paperwork requirements including Y2K preparedness
President Trump Announces “Massive Permit Reform" Push
Trump Lays Out Plan to Privatize Air Traffic Control System
Statement by President Trump on the Paris Climate Accord
Treasury to call for rolling back banking regulations
Trump orders a Voter Fraud Commission to investigate 2016 election
Fired corrupt and incompetent FBI Director James Comey
HHS to Rescind Birth Control Mandate in Obamacare
Appointed conservative Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
Ben Carson Finds $500 Billion In Errors during Audit of Obama HUD
President Trump's executive order will undo Obama's Clean Power Plan rule
U.S. Will have Free but Fair and Balanced Trade: Mnuchin
Executive order to reduce operating costs of the Federal Government
Fired all 46 attorney generals hired by Obama
Tillerson to shutter war crimes focused State Dept. office: report
Rex Tillerson, Mediating Gulf Dispute, Signs Antiterrorism Pact With Qatar
Canceled Obama Era special immigration program for foreign entrepreneurs
Critical milestone in the global fight against ISIS
Tillerson to back up Trump efforts to bolster Eastern Europe against Russia
Tillerson Tightens Limits on Filling State Department Jobs
Report: Trump plans to cut foreign aid, merge State and USAID
US to make at least $285m cut to UN budget
Tillerson on North Korea: Military action is 'an option'
It's a bloodbath at the State Department
Purging the State Department of Obama loyalists
Fixing lobbying laws - 5 year lobbying ban on White House officials
Put a regulatory freeze on all federal agencies
Cutting regulations in government agencies (add 1, take out 2)
45th PRESIDENT of the United States of America, DONALD J. TRUMP

Economy
Job Market Continues to Crush Expectations in 2020
Trump Secures Historic Phase One Trade Agreement with China
US Economy Added 266,000 New Jobs in November smashing expectations
Trump signs Agriculture and Digitial Trade agreements with Japan
African-American Unemployment Rate Hits New All Time Lows
U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls to 50-Year Low; Trump Economy adding over 6.4 million jobs
US Economy Added 164,000 New Jobs in July; Wages increased 3.2 percent
Record 157,005,000 Employed; 19th Record of Trump Era
Boom! America Created 224,000 Jobs in June!
Best Economic Optimism in 16 years
480,000 Manufacturing Jobs added since President Trump's election
US job openings rise outnumber the unemployed by 1 million
Economic Growth Has Reached 3 Percent for the First Time in More than a Decade
Opportunity Zones A New Dawn for Economic Opportunity
Unemployment Rate Falls to Lowest Level in Nearly 50 Years
Proclamation on Adjusting Imports of Steel into the United States
LARGEST DECLINE IN DRUG PRICES IN NEARLY 50 YEARS
Trump Policies Keep Economic Boom Going As Job Gains of 304000 Surpass Expectations
MORE AMERICANS WORKING NOW THAN EVER BEFORE IN OUR HISTORY
250K JOBS ADDED IN OCTOBER
Manufacturing Confidence at an ALL TIME HIGH
Construction Jobs up more than 300K compared to last year
Food Stamp usage declines for 8 straight months
Middle Class income rises to HIGHEST on record
Consumer Confidence 18 YEAR HIGH
America is now the worlds largest oil producer
Fastest growing pace in 14 years for manufacturers
BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT RECORD LOW
Jobless claims lowest level since 1969
Trump secures 2026 World Cup for the USA
Consumer Confidence Highest in 18 years
Black Business Ownership Under Trump JUMPS 400 PERCENT in ONE YEAR
Youth Unemployment Hits 52 Year Low
Black Support for Trump DOUBLES to 29 percent
RECORD Number of Employed - 63 Percent labor participation
Worker pay rate hits highest level since 2008
Black and Hispanic Unemployment rates hit record low in April
Business Investments up 39 Percent Due to Tax Cuts
Food Stamp Usage Drops Half Million in Single Month
Highest Ever Manufacturer Optimism over 94 Percent
Unemployment claims have fallen to a 45-year low
Trump Economy Explodes Record Number of Americans Employed Stocks Soar
FEB JOBS BLOWOUT 313K
GREAT AGAIN Household Net Worth Pushes Further Into Record Territory
U.S. Consumer Confidence Is at 17-Year High
US homebuilding permits soar to highest level since 2007
Economy to grow at 5.4% rate in first quarter
Roaring: Economic Optimism Index hits 13-year high, credit to tax cuts
U.S. jobless claims drop to near 45-year low
Wages jump to highest level since 2009 - up 2.9%
U.S. Oil Production Tops 10 Million Barrels A Day, First Time Since 1970
Trump Decreases Debt to GDP Ratio - First Time in Over 50 Years!
Jobless claims drop to lowest level in nearly 45 years
Apple to Invest $350 BILLION in US citing Trump Tax Plan
Utilities cutting rates, cite benefits of Trump tax reform
Over 100 companies giving 'Trump Bonuses' after tax victory
Black unemployment rate falls to record low
Trump adds 184,000 manufacturing jobs and continues growth trend
Manufacturing in the U.S. Just Accelerated to Its Best Year Since 2004
Trump Signs Korean Trade Deal
Trump Blocks Chinese Purchase of Qualcomm due to National Security
TRUMP SIGNS TARIFF ORDER ON STEEL AND ALUMINUM
Trump Slaps 30% Tariffs on Solar Panels imported from China
Japan Freezes North Korea’s Assets after Trump’s Visit
U.S. Trade Deficit falls to 11-month low
Trump Fights for ‘America First’ as 4th Round of NAFTA Negotiations End
Crude Oil Shipment to India Highlights Expanding Energy Partnership
Trump Blocks China from buying Semi-Conductor company, Lattice
Crude oil shipment from Texas opens new vistas in India-U.S. ties
Argentina agrees to allow first U.S. pork imports in 25 years
Trump orders probe of China's intellectual property practices
New memorandum to protect American IPs from China - Potentially save Billions of dollars and millions in jobs
Coal exports up 60%
China opens rice market for US exports for first time ever
U.S. makes final finding rebar exports from Taiwan
Renegotiating NAFTA with Canada and Mexico in order to make better trade deals - May terminate
United States and Mexico finalize sugar trade deal
First U.S. Natural Gas Shipped to Poland
Signed an Arms Deal worth more than $350 billion and various other investment agreements with Saudi Arabia
China, U.S. reach trade agreement on beef, poultry and natural gas
Trump orders a study on abuses of U.S. trade agreements – WTO
Trump slaps tariffs on Canadian lumber imports
Increased tariffs on Canadian lumber by 20% (worth $1 billion)
China buys more U.S. coal, sends North Korea
Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) TERMINATED
Nikki Haley negotiates $285M cut in ‘bloated’ UN budget
WIC Welfare Participation Hits 17-Year Low
U.S. home sales hit 11-year high
Manufacturing Optimism Reaches Another All-Time High - 94.6%
Economy adds 228K jobs in November
Mining up 28.6% - Leads the Nation in Growth
Broadcom will move back to U.S. — and bring tax money with it
US private sector added 235,000 jobs in Oct - Beats Expectations
Consumer confidence highest level since December 2000
Q3 GDP at 3 Percent – Beats Expectations
Ivanka Trump creates new World Bank initiative to foster Entrepreneurship among Women
Consumer Sentiment in U.S. Surges to 13-Year High
63.1%: Participation Rate Reaches Trump-Era High
Unemployment down to 4.2, wages rise .5%
New entrants from outside the labor market made up 3.2
U.S. Factories Expanding at 13 Year high
Dow posting first eight-quarter winning streak in 20 years
Home builder confidence at 12-year high
Manufacturer confidence at a 20-year high
Tech giants pledge millions to Trump initiative
Q2 GDP up 3.1%
Sales of new U.S. homes rebounded in August
Federal Reserve: Household Wealth in America at record high of $1.7 trillion - Rising property values and Financial gain
Surging stock market powers U.S. wealth to $96.2 trillion
Food Stamp Usage Has Fallen Every Month Under Trump
Median Incomes Climbing for First Time Since 2007
Trump has signed a $15 billion relief package for Texas in the wake of Hurricane Harvey
Jobless claims drop to 240,000 - hottest streak in 43 years
U.S. Consumer Sentiment Rose in August
Recovery Is Finally Trickling Down to Least-Educated Workers
U.S. Job Satisfaction Highest Level Since 2005
American manufacturing expanded in August at fastest pace in six years
Donald Trump Ends Obama Effort to Waive Work Requirements for Welfare
Consumer confidence strengthens in August, second-highest level since late 2000
President Trump Cuts More US Debt for a Longer Period of Time Than Any President
Pennsylvania coal company to open a SECOND coal mine
Summer Youth Unemployment Falls, Level Since 1969
In Trump era, American corporations are seeing their best earnings in 13 years
US trade deficit narrows as exports hit 2-1/2-year high
Milestone for Trump: 1 million new jobs in six months
National unemployment rate at 4.3% (lowest it's been in 16 years)
13,000 jobs being created in WI - largest job announcement in WI history (Foxconn)
Black Unemployment, Lowest Level in 17 Years
Gas prices at a 12-year low
Some states are experiencing their lowest unemployment rates in their histories
Trump Announces $200 Million in Apprenticeship Funding
U.S. has record 6 million job openings, 6.8 million Americans are looking for jobs
CEO confidence highest since 2014
U.S. jobless rate falls to lowest level in 16 years
Trump signs bills that helps Veterans and Police officers by giving them Priority and Training
Government spending as percentage of GDP down
1000s of jobs being created through pact with Saudi Arabia
Executive Order on the Establishment of the American Technology Council
USA's small business confidence is spurring a hiring and spending spree
Alibaba Takes First Step To Fulfilling Jack Ma And President Trump's 'One Million U.S. Jobs' Promise
Slashing job-killing regulations left and right
Creating thousands of more jobs for immigration officers and border patrol
Signed a resolution encouraging women in entrepreneurship and STEM
Executive ordered all federal agencies to create task forces to cut regulations that hurt the economy
US Manufacturing Index at a 33-year high
Coal Miners are WINNING. Cut Regulations/Create Jobs/New Plant
US Economic Confidence Surges To Highest Level Ever Recorded By Gallup
National Security
Trump secures critical funding for the Border Wall
The United States Has Brought the Leader of ISIS to Justice
Executive Order on Modernizing Sanctions to Combat Terrorism
Orders Additional Measures to Enhance Border Security
The United States has Liberated All ISIS-Controlled Territory
Trump signs order directing an increase in Cyber Security
Combating High Nonimmigrant Overstay Rates
ICE arrests 364 criminal aliens and immigration violators in enforcement surge
US signs proclamation against Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting
DHS is planning on denying green cards to legal immigrants if they receive federal or state aid
ICE raid hits 77 businesses in Northern California
End of Year Report: Deportations up 40% - Historically Low Crossings
DHS: Announces New Procedures for Refugee Admissions
Deportations Of Noncriminals Rise As ICE Casts Wider Net
DACA Renewals Drop 21%
30-foot concrete slab prototypes erected along border
ICE has conducted a MASSIVE raid on sanctuary cities this week - 498 illegal immigrants arrested
Trump has updated the travel ban to includes 8 more countries
Crossing The Border Illegally Is Harder Than It’s Been In 50 Years
Withholding Federal Funds from Sanctuary Cities - Must allow ICE access to jails and notify befor release
VA announces Access Standards for Health Care
Trump signs VA Mission Act
Enhancing Veteran Care Act
VA seeks partnerships to build and improve health-care facilities
VA announces Veterans Coordinated Access & Rewarding Experiences Act
VA, Ginnie Mae create task force to address mortgage refinancing issues
Telemedicine: An important tool for Veterans health
Trump Signs Bill to Streamline VA Disability Claims Appeals Process
Trump signs ‘Forever GI Bill,’ boosting aid to student vets
VA expands Tele-Health access
VA fires more than 500 feds under Trump, even before new accountability law
Trump signs VA accountability act into law, promises better care for veterans
Trump Administration Streamlines Veteran Medical Records
White House to launch veterans' complaint hotline
Accountability and Whistleblower Protection at VA
$1.6 billion down payment to start building the wall
Trump cuts off visas for countries that refuse deported immigrants
Rescinded DACA
Extreme Vetting' for some green cards
Deportation orders up 31% nationwide under Trump
Deportation Orders Up 30%
Miami has removed its "sanctuary" status
ICE raids targeting families net 650 arrests
Denver To ICE: Stop Arresting Illegal Immigrants At Courthouse. ICE To Denver: Not A Chance.
17 Texas sheriffs approved to partner w/ICE
ICE chief wants smuggling charges on leaders of sanctuary cities
New crackdown on 'so-called' sanctuary cities
Raids to target teenaged suspected gang members
Army Corps starts pre-construction work on border wall
Deportations in LA are up 60% alone
80% jump in illegal targets
Feds taking over Texas National Guard mission along border
Border Patrol Morale at Highest Level
Christian refugees admitted now outnumber Muslim refugees admitted
Bill allocates $1.6 billion for Trump's border wall
ICE crackdown scaring some families back to Mexico
Kate's Law - harsher penalties for previously deported criminals - Passes House
Number of refugees taken in is down 50%
Rescinded DAPA
Workers install final panel in upgrade of border fence
Raids turn Oregon city into ghost town
Ending "catch and release" immigration policy
Silicon Valley Staffing Firm Charged in H1B Fraud
Unshackling ICE - told that they can take action against ALL illegal immigrants - increasing presence in sanctuary cities
Trump signs new defense policy bill that rebuilds military, boosts troop pay
Top 5 ISIS Leaders Captured
Trump signs order to keep Guantanamo Bay prison open
US kills 150 ISIS terrorists in Syria airstrike during government shutdown
ISIS has lost 98 percent of its territory - due to Trump admin
Pentagon Announces First-Ever Audit of the Department of Defense
U.S.-Backed Forces Capture Raqqa from ISIS
ISIS facing imminent collapse in Syria's Raqqa
Gen. Mattis breaks down New Afghanistan Strategy
US-backed fighters 'seize 80% of Raqqa from Islamic State'
Mattis sees need for new DOD space programs
Trump calls for Increased Military: Senate passes $700 billion defense bill
Mattis seeks Indian role in Afghanistan
Mattis vows US support for Ukraine against Russian 'aggression'
U.S. Cyber Command will be elevated to a "Unified Combatant Command"
Mattis decides to withhold U.S. cash from key Pakistani military fund
Mosul liberated from ISIS
Mattis: 'Annihilation Tactics' Being Used Against ISIS
US, Gulf countries form new group: 'TFTC' to stem flow of terror financing
NATO weighs new 'Counter Terrorism Post' following Trump's demands
ISIS leader 'admits DEFEAT in Iraq and orders militants to flee
Mattis Gives White House Tentative Plan for Rapid Defeat of ISIS
James Mattis threatens to ‘moderate’ US backing for Nato over budgets
Trump DOJ Sues California For Interference With Immigration Enforcement
DOJ Halts Obama's Operation Chokepoint, Which Targeted Firearm Dealers
More than 1,000 arrests in sex trafficking operation
Four charged with leaks from Trump administration
Jeff Sessions announces new crackdown on 'so-called' sanctuary cities
Justice Department announces takedown of AlphaBay, the largest dark web market
Sessions's New Civil-Forfeiture Rules
400 medical professionals charged in largest health care fraud takedown
The Department of Justice Stands by Texas's Voter ID Law
Charges: Sex traffickers took hundreds from Thailand to US
AG Sessions is bringing back the harsher sentences for drug dealers
Sex Trafficking Arrests Soar Under Trump; MSM Completely Ignores
DHS is planning on denying green cards to legal immigrants if they receive federal or state aid
Trump takes 'shackles' off ICE, which is slapping them on immigrants who thought they were safe
ICE raid hits 77 businesses in Northern California
End of Year Report: Deportations up 40% - Historically Low Crossings
DHS: Announces New Procedures for Refugee Admissions
Deportations Of Noncriminals Rise As ICE Casts Wider Net

[/quote]

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2020, 02:10:13 pm »

You must be friends with @sneakypete   He once told me I should have my right to vote taken away.

@Applewood

You obviously still think insane people should be allowed to vote. I don't.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2020, 05:49:47 pm »
@Applewood

I agree. He enjoys giving the left strokes too much to quit, but he needs to start putting at least half of his focus on talking about his accomplishments or he might be in trouble.

Thing is, he doesn't have that many accomplishments to talk about.  What he could do is drive home the point that by restoring the Dems to power, not only will we get Obama Part II, complete with its draconian government regulation, job loss and such, but as an added bonus -- all the chit the Dems can't wait to thrust on us -- eg. Green New Deal, reparations, full-on government run health care, free stuff, increased illegal immigration, etc. etc. The campaign ads are alluding to this, but Trump should be talking about it in his rallies.

Normally,this wouldn't be a problem because Biden would be out in public being the retard and sexual predator he is, but because of this fake "pandemic" his handlers have been able to mostly keep him from saying much in public. 

Well, these days Biden is being portrayed as the prudent candidate because he's staying home and not putting his fans at risk with rallies. 

You will never convince me the Dims worked hand-in-hand with the Chinese to release this virus into the US to stop campaigning. It's just too "convenient" to be accidental. 

Won't comment on conspiracy theories, but I agree the Democrats are milking this pandemic for all it's worth.  They have been quite successful in instilling irrational fear in the populace that it seems nearly everyone I know wants to stay home all the time and won't step outside their front door.  When you can instill so much fear in people, they will give up anything -- their rights and freedoms -- for a sense of security.

Trump could still win in a landslide if he were to adopt a 50/50 mix of discussing policy/accomplishments, and making the Dims lose what little minds they have.

What I said above about what the Dems will do if they win.  He should also talk about what he hopes to accomplish in his second term and outline strategies for accomplishing his goals.  But along with that , he should remind voters that to get things done, they also have to elect Republicans in lockstep with the president.  If they vote for Democrats in the senate or elect the same old, same old lazy lump Republicans already in both houses of congress who have been promising the same stuff for at least ten years, but have yet to deliver, then nothing will be accomplished.

Offline DB

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2020, 11:26:10 pm »
@Applewood

You obviously still think insane people should be allowed to vote. I don't.

You forgot to add the $10 trillion in debt added under Trump - in just his first term - to his list of "accomplishments"...

That's over $30,000 of added debt for every man, woman and child in this country. A hell of a accomplishment. This is how great nations end.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2020, 12:05:58 am »
You forgot to add the $10 trillion in debt added under Trump - in just his first term - to his list of "accomplishments"...

That's over $30,000 of added debt for every man, woman and child in this country. A hell of a accomplishment. This is how great nations end.

@DB

And how much of that was money for programs he was OBLIGATED to fund due to being approved by one of your favorite RINO's?

Or are you one of those simple fools who thinks presidents are dictators?

Offline mrclose

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 12:20:12 am »
Of course they are a message. Always.
'Polls' are a manufactured rudder meant to steer the public opinion and politicians in the direction the poll owner wants. The famous quote applies, "Polls do not reflect reality. The purpose of polls is to create reality."

Put another way ..

Polls don’t tell you what anyone thinks.

Polls tell you what someone wants you to think.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 04:25:27 pm »
My gut tells me Trump is failing.  He is failing the American people at a time when their lives are being destroyed by government.  Does he honestly expect people to vote for him with this taking place?  People feel betrayed, and rightfully so.  It does not matter how long the list of things he has accomplished in the past 3.5 years, it only matters WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR ME NOW!!!

What is he doing?  Nothing I see right now regarding jobs.

Donald Trump promised in 2016 to end the H1-b Visa Program.  He said he would do it Day One of his presidency.  I have seen different numbers , but we are talking 500,000 to 1.5 million jobs taken away from USA citizens and given largely to folks from India for half the salary and no benefits.  THIS IS JUST WRONG.  He said he would remedy this, and he has done nothing.

After meeting with the power brokers in the tech industry, he decided to increase the H1-b Visa Program.  I tell you now, if he does not eliminate this program, and soon, he loses in November.  Biden has already proven he need not leave his basement to win.  He is not in his basement primarily because of the virus, he is there to limit his exposure for gaffs, and he is winning.

TRUMP MUST ELIMINATE THE H1-B VISA PROGRAM OR LOSE IN NOVEMBER.   It does not matter who the Dems run against him.  He is not proactively doing things to generate jobs, and the elimination of H1-b Visas goes a long way to serve the American people.

That was the message he delivered in 2016, but he is not doing that now.  He is failing the American people in favor of folks from India.  A lot of people I know in tech are NOT voting in November because of it.  A lot!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:27:23 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2020, 04:33:30 pm »
My gut tells me Trump is failing.  He is failing the American people at a time when their lives are being destroyed by government.  Does he honestly expect people to vote for him with this taking place?  People feel betrayed, and rightfully so.  It does not matter how long the list of things he has accomplished in the past 3.5 years, it only matters WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR ME NOW!!!

What is he doing?  Nothing I see right now regarding jobs.

Donald Trump promised in 2016 to end the H1-b Visa Program.  He said he would do it Day One of his presidency.  I have seen different numbers , but we are talking 500,000 to 1.5 million jobs taken away from USA citizens and given largely to folks from India for half the salary and no benefits.  THIS IS JUST WRONG.  He said he would remedy this, and he has done nothing.

After meeting with the power brokers in the tech industry, he decided to increase the H1-b Visa Program.  I tell you now, if he does not eliminate this program, and soon, he loses in November.  Biden has already proven he need not leave his basement to win.  He is not in his basement primarily because of the virus, he is there to limit his exposure for gaffs, and he is winning.

TRUMP MUST ELIMINATE THE H1-B VISA PROGRAM OR LOSE IN NOVEMBER.   It does not matter who the Dems run against him.  He is not proactively doing things to generate jobs, and the elimination of H1-b Visas goes a long way to serve the American people.

That was the message he delivered in 2016, but he is not doing that now.  He is failing the American people in favor of folks from India.  A lot of people I know in tech are NOT voting in November because of it.  A lot!!!

@jafo2010

This is either Satire,or you have Trump confused with Santa,right?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2020, 04:36:40 pm »
He's failing because the Republicans are letting him fail.   They want things to go back to what they used to.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2020, 04:40:22 pm »
He's failing because the Republicans are letting him fail.   They want things to go back to what they used to.

@dfwgator

Close,but no cigar. They MUST have things......." or they are out of work,and buying and selling corruption is all they know how to do.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2020, 04:41:19 pm »
I seem to recall in 2016 there was a period of like 2 months before the election where he stopped tweeting. Maybe something like that would also work this time?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2020, 04:45:04 pm »
Yeah, it’s a message all right. A planted message in order to pressure feckless republicans to force Trump’s resignation or at the very least to interfere in the 2020 election.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2020, 04:47:03 pm »
SneakyPete...What I wrote above is NOT satire!!!

I know hundreds of folks adversely affected by the H1-b Visa Program.  Americans not working.  For most, they are lucky their spouse has a job.  You think these people that voted for him in 2016 will vote for him now?  Keep dreaming.  I know too many.  Most of them did not expect him to do something DAY ONE, but they did believe him when he said he would eliminate the program.  It was a huge thing in 2016 for many Americans, myself included.

He met with the power folks in tech and increased the numbers of H1-b Visas.  Unacceptable!!!

I tell you these tech folks are heavily concentrated in states that are in contention:  Florida, Michigan in particular.