Author Topic: Hundreds of National Guard troops mobilized to protect DC monuments amid protests  (Read 584 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hundreds of National Guard troops mobilized to protect DC monuments amid protests
By Ronn Blitzer, Lucas Tomlinson | Fox News

Hundreds of troops with the Washington, D.C., National Guard have mobilized to protect monuments in the nation's capital, a Pentagon spokesperson has confirmed.

Interior Secretary David Bernhardt requested the action earlier this week, as protesters target statues and other historical markers during ongoing demonstrations in the wake of George Floyd's police custody death in Minneapolis at the end of May.

The Pentagon confirmed that roughly 400 D.C. Guard members have been activated and are on standby.

"Since their activation, none of the National Guard members have been dispatched to actual monument locations to provide assistance to the NPP," Pentagon spokesperson Lt. Col. Christian Mitchell said in a statement. "They remain on standby at the DC Armory at this time. They will support U.S. Park Police at key monuments to prevent any defacing or destruction."

Mitchell noted that the National Guard members are unarmed and "will serve as a uniformed deterrence" and in a "crowd management capacity."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hundreds-of-national-guard-troops-mobilized-to-protect-d-c-monuments-amid-protests
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unarmed... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trying to prevent another Kent State....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

Trying to prevent another Kent State....

Makes sense, but I rather see the thugs in the street shot than someone who volunteers to serve the country.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000  When does this stupidity and insanity end??   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

Makes sense, but I rather see the thugs in the street shot than someone who volunteers to serve the country.
I'm just hoping they are in full kevlar anyway. If it hits the battle rattle it should stop.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

I'm just hoping they are in full kevlar anyway. If it hits the battle rattle it should stop.

I'm at the point I want to see these thugs mix it up with forces that can actually push back violently. I know politically it won't play well but if you hate the country so much get out.

I've traveled and these thugs that think things are so bad don't know how good they have it here.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

I'm at the point I want to see these thugs mix it up with forces that can actually push back violently. I know politically it won't play well but if you hate the country so much get out.

I've traveled and these thugs that think things are so bad don't know how good they have it here.

That's just it. Won't play well politically?  Who cares?  Those who find fault aren't going to vote for Trump anyways.  He has the authority to use the Insurrection Act.  Frankly, I find his lack of action concerning.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

I have met a lot of people from a lot of places, most of whom would agree with you. Even blacks who came to this state to work realized pretty quick they could drop the defensiveness they had from somewhere else. We're pretty much color blind here in this part of the patch. Speak English and apply yourself and you'll do fine.

Keep in mind, though, these are often professional agitators on the news, playing to people who haven't had the gumption to move about much or do anything but be 'victims' or players. Their stock in trade is making people think they have it worse than anyone else and making them angry about it, finding someone else to blame. The Communist idea of "Fair" plays in there, too, where all are equal--equally oppressed and miserable, not all rising to the highest level.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm at the point where I would okay an Armored Div circling ea monument...and the tanks would be armed...
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm at the point where I would okay an Armored Div circling ea monument...and the tanks would be armed...
Consider the reaction to the Bonus Army, and this is just sickening capitulation.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo wrote:
"I'm at the point I want to see these thugs mix it up with forces that can actually push back violently. I know politically it won't play well but if you hate the country so much get out."

I'm in agreement, except about your assessment as to "how it will play".
I predict it will "play" surprisingly well with the ethnic cohort that still comprises the majority in America...