Author Topic: GNC Holdings Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection  (Read 556 times)

Offline Applewood

GNC Holdings Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
« on: June 24, 2020, 03:21:33 pm »
GNC Holdings Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection

GNC Holdings Inc. (GNC) said that it has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with plans to sell itself. It expects to accelerate the closure of at least 800 to 1,200 stores.
U.S. and international franchise partners and all corporate operations in Ireland are separate legal entities and are not a part of the filing, the company said in a statement.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/gnc-holdings-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-protection-2020-06-24

Offline Applewood

Re: GNC Holdings Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 03:29:05 pm »
At one time, General Nutrition Center (GNC) was a major health products/supplements retailer, particularly here in the eastern end of the county.  Based in Pittsburgh -- you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a GNC store in western PA  They were everywhere.    And GNC expanded nationwide and into foreign markets.  But then competition arose -- here in PA, it was Whole Foods initially; now every supermarket and pharmacy sells similar products for a lot less.  GNC just couldn't compete.  Been in trouble for a long time, so bankruptcy was inevitable. 

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 07:52:06 pm »
I hate that, but I'm not surprised. I use their website and the last two orders were "jiky" and more expensive. Not sure where I'll buy my vitamins from now.  :shrug:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 08:08:09 pm »
I hate that, but I'm not surprised. I use their website and the last two orders were "jiky" and more expensive. Not sure where I'll buy my vitamins from now.  :shrug:

If you don't want to get your vitamins from a supermarket or drugstore, how about Vitamin Shoppe?

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/?acqsource=adlucent&sourceType=ps&source=yh&msclkid=59ed187d1d991de6f7c6468eafb4fc98&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%5BADL%5D%20%5BBrand%5D%20%5BHighlandering%5D%20Vitamin%20Shoppe%20(Exact)&utm_term=vitamin%20shoppe&utm_content=Vitamin%20Shoppe&adlclid=ADL-79804b80-445f-4738-96c5-fdd8d881f36e

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 11:41:01 pm »
At one time, General Nutrition Center (GNC) was a major health products/supplements retailer, particularly here in the eastern end of the county.  Based in Pittsburgh -- you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a GNC store in western PA  They were everywhere.    And GNC expanded nationwide and into foreign markets.  But then competition arose -- here in PA, it was Whole Foods initially; now every supermarket and pharmacy sells similar products for a lot less.  GNC just couldn't compete.  Been in trouble for a long time, so bankruptcy was inevitable.

Kind of like J C Penney, introuble for quite a while and probably pushed over the bankruptcy cliff by Covid shutdowns. Though I don't think they were in trouble pre-Covid, the shutdowns shoved 24 Hour Fitness over the bankruptcy cliff, too - re-organization, not liquidation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.