Author Topic: A 24-Year-Old Republican Just Defeated a Trump-backed Candidate in NC Primary Race For Meadows' Seat  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A 24-Year-Old Republican Just Defeated a Trump-backed Candidate in NC Primary Race For Meadows' Seat
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 6:22 AM

Madison Cawthorn, a 24-year-old political newcomer defeated his Trump-backed opponent, Lynda Bennett, in North Carolina’s primary runoff election Tuesday to fill former Rep. Mark Meadows’ congressional seat.

Cawthorn, the CEO of a real estate investment company and motivational speaker, received more than 65 percent of the vote despite the fact that Bennett, in addition to the president’s backing, had the support of Meadows and Sen. Ted Cruz.

Yashar Ali 🐘
✔
@yashar

Cawthorn had Mark Meadows as his speech and debate coach in high school and now he’s beat the candidate that Meadows and Trump endorsed against him.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/06/24/24-yo-republican-wins-nc-primary-over-trumpbacked-candidate-n2571214
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Twenty four years old and a motivational speaker and CEO? Heck I might’ve voted for him, too (after researching a little more about him first, of course).

Offline skeeter

Twenty four years old and a motivational speaker and CEO? Heck I might’ve voted for him, too (after researching a little more about him first, of course).

Weird race.

https://www.smokymountainnews.com/archives/item/28582-another-wild-turn-in-lynda-bennett-never-trump-saga

I hope this kid has his head on straight ideologically. I'm not certain Bennett did.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:36:37 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So Trump endorsed a self-described Never-Trumper, who then lost despite that?  Trump keeps this shit up and he'll have no "coat tails" in November...a recipe for losing the Senate.  In AZ, Trump has thrown full support to an extraordinarily weak candidate for Senate, McSally.  I'm now rooting for her opponent, Daniel McCarthy.

@skeeter Weird race, indeed!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

So Trump endorsed a self-described Never-Trumper, who then lost despite that?  Trump keeps this shit up and he'll have no "coat tails" in November...a recipe for losing the Senate.  In AZ, Trump has thrown full support to an extraordinarily weak candidate for Senate, McSally.  I'm now rooting for her opponent, Daniel McCarthy.

@skeeter Weird race, indeed!

I'm surprised Trump supported her over a non-politician like himself. I realize he owes fealty to the GOPe and their preferred candidates if he wants their 'support' but he must also realize they despise him and his supporters.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm surprised Trump supported her over a non-politician like himself. I realize he owes fealty to the GOPe and their preferred candidates if he wants their 'support' but he must also realize they despise him and his supporters.

It's like his hires in the White House.  He tends to nominate people who are hostile to him, and to us.  It's frustrating!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

It's like his hires in the White House.  He tends to nominate people who are hostile to him, and to us.  It's frustrating!
He should know by now he’s no more likely to win over the party’s ‘ruling class’ than he is to find rat allies.

Offline bilo

I think this is a good indicator where the conservative voters are. It looks like the old "compromise for the sake of the party" has lost it's value. Voters want real conservatives.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm wonderin' if this young fella could become a conservative answer to the occasional-communist from da Bronx...?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm wonderin' if this young fella could become a conservative answer to the occasional-communist from da Bronx...?

We got a young feller running for Senate in AZ, against that McSally person.  Here's Daniel McCarthy, standing next to my Forever Squeeze, Mrs. Liberty:

Oh, here's a shot of me with Martha McSally, same restaurant last year.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

I think this is a good indicator where the conservative voters are. It looks like the old "compromise for the sake of the party" has lost it's value. Voters want real conservatives.
Sadly that is NOT true.  Conservatives are becoming more of a minority all of the time.  There aren't enough to elect a conservative president.  This is why we have Trump.  We are screwed....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sadly that is NOT true.  Conservatives are becoming more of a minority all of the time.  There aren't enough to elect a conservative president.  This is why we have Trump.  We are screwed....

We got Trump because a critical mass of voters finally decided it's time to try flipping a "Chance" card in Monopoly.  It's not because people have suddenly turned leftist, they just wanted to turn the soil a bit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

We got Trump because a critical mass of voters finally decided it's time to try flipping a "Chance" card in Monopoly.  It's not because people have suddenly turned leftist, they just wanted to turn the soil a bit.

Nice analysis.

Trump is an outsider and has really revealed how bad the admn. state is. Hopefully a majority of Americans will support him and the Pubs in Nov. The alternative is frightening.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home