Author Topic: Republican senator battling for reelection would give couples $8,000 to go on vacation  (Read 575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican senator battling for reelection would give couples $8,000 to go on vacation
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | June 23, 2020 02:29 PM

A politically embattled Republican senator wants to send the public on vacation on the government’s dime in an effort to spur domestic spending.

Arizona Republican Sen. Martha McSally, on Monday, introduced the American TRIP Act, which would give U.S. taxpayers $4,000 each in vacation tax credits for costs such as lodging, entertainment, flights, food, and more. Couples would receive $8,000 plus $500 per child.

McSally is in a difficult reelection battle against Democrat Mark Kelly, who leads her in a RealClearPolitics poll average by 10 percentage points.

“The tourism and hospitality industries were among the hardest hit sectors across the country, and their revival is critical to our economic recovery,” McSally said in a statement. “My legislation will help boost domestic travel and jumpstart the comeback of our hotels, entertainment sectors, local tourism agencies, and the thousands of businesses that make Arizona one of the best places in the world to visit.”

The tax credit bill would also lead people to find new places to visit in the United States that they may not have known about, McSally said. Travel must be at least 50 miles away from home to be eligible and completed in 2020, 2021, or 2022.

In McSally’s home state of Arizona, travel and tourism make up more than $3 billion in tax receipts. The sector reported 35% unemployment in May. The bill would give the Destination Marketing Organizations $50 million to promote tourism spots nationwide.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republican-senator-battling-for-reelection-would-give-couples-8-000-to-go-on-vacation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This asinine idea just sealed her fate in Az. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

This asinine idea just sealed her fate in Az. :shrug:

Sounds like it, but is AZ so stupid that they would elect a Rat?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo wrote:
"Sounds like it, but is AZ so stupid that they would elect a Rat?"

The rat this time is an astronaut.
An astronaut trumps an ordinary pilot.

Besides, AZ is a state "fast turning" from purple... to blue.

McSally is losing, and she knows it... hence, trying to buy votes with this.

Offline libertybele

Who is going to believe this??  $8,000 to go on vacation where??  The COVID city of your choice??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Who is going to believe this??  $8,000 to go on vacation where??  The COVID city of your choice??
I think they used to call that a "Staycation", for staying at home. Seriously? Eight grand?  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like it, but is AZ so stupid that they would elect a Rat?
Well the do love their RINO’s

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: