Author Topic: L.A. County Faces Coronavirus Surge After Black Lives Matter Protests  (Read 808 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9bflajY78jgJ:https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-22/for-third-day-in-a-week-l-a-county-reports-more-than-2-000-new-coronavirus-cases+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

For third day in a week, L.A. County reports more than 2,000 new coronavirus cases

Los Angeles County health officials reported 2,571 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, the third day in the last week that the county has reported more than 2,000 infections.
It’s “highly likely” that the surge is connected to mass protests that erupted in recent weeks over the death of George Floyd, L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said.
Ferrer said restaurant settings and parties may also be linked to several clusters of infections in recent weeks, despite the county’s ongoing prohibition of gatherings beyond religious services and political protests. Newly reopened workplaces where people are in close contact may also be a factor.

The new infections are all but certainly from a variety of sources. The protests are likely to be a significant source, but if contact-tracing is done, will the tracers be allowed to ask whether infected people participated in protests?

Also relevant: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,406051.0.html and http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,405626.0.html .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
L.A. County Faces Coronavirus Surge After Black Lives Matter Protests
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 11:59:57 pm »
Joel B. Pollak29 Jun 202098
2:15

Los Angeles County may run out of hospital beds in the next two to three weeks because of a new surge in coronavirus infections dating to the period in which Black Lives Matter protests broke out.

Last week, L.A. County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said that it was “highly likely” that a new spike in cases was partly related to the protests and riots, in which tens of thousands of people filled crowded streets.

Earlier this month, there were also massive crowds in Los Angeles and other major cities for LGBTQ Pride rallies that doubled as Black Lives Matter (or “Black Trans Lives Matter”) protests. Attendance at L.A.’s parade in West Hollywood June 14 was estimated at 30,000.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/29/los-angeles-coronavirus-surge-black-lives-matter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, Mayor, start arresting some of them for disregarding the law and not wearing masks.

Oh, I forgot, this is your exceptions to the law.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well that's just the thing. In typical Democrat reality denial, the current surge of cases was certainly caused by the rioters (riots are essential so, no mask required) and yet the Democrats are rushing to punished all of us, the rest of society, for their negligent behavior. It wasn't the riots that caused 100,000 new cases. It was that guy in Costco who didn't have a mask. It's the couple snuggling in the park without masks. It's their fault. They created this mess.

But it is definitely not the fault of the Democrat's Communist Stormtroopers (Antifa/BLM). They are innocent, always.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We ate ouy on Fathers Day for te first time in the lockdown era. 

Combine more general relaxation of practices, demonstrations, gym's and other facilities back open, and new infections are to be expected aren't they?

And aren't infections the price towards "Herd immunity?

I continue posing the question:

"Do you know anybody that got sick? was hospitalized? recovered? Died?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

"Do you know anybody that got sick? was hospitalized? recovered? Died?

The FIL of a long-time friend (homeschooling and church) "died of" Covid-19. Basically he had existing health problems and Covid-19 (confirmed by test) caused his death that might otherwise not have happened for months or years.

An immediate family member's manager (I'm being vague intentionally) got sick with appropriate symptoms after a trip to a country that had been having an outbreak. The manager's symptoms never got so severe that the manager got tested.

A couple of friends have had scares but were negative when tested. I was tested and found negative as prep for a recent surgery. I'd guess my experience is pretty typical for a city-dweller (outside of the greater NYC area) who doesn't work in a medical field.

What bugs me wrt LA County is that the health officials are shutting some things down - e.g. beaches - with no apparent evidence that those locations had anything to do with the current surge. IOW, why shut down beaches - probably one of the less risky environments, being outdoors, spacious, breezy, and sunny - when the majority of outbreak locations might be bars or churches or large family gatherings or the protests? You know ... follow science rather than lashing out blindly!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What bugs me wrt LA County is that the health officials are shutting some things down - e.g. beaches - with no apparent evidence that those locations had anything to do with the current surge. IOW, why shut down beaches - probably one of the less risky environments, being outdoors, spacious, breezy, and sunny - when the majority of outbreak locations might be bars or churches or large family gatherings or the protests? You know ... follow science rather than lashing out blindly!
The shutdown is not about Covid and it is not about health. It is all about disruption of normal daily life, and it is about raw power. Riots are essential, but churches are not. Riots are essential, but beaches are not. Riots are essential, but remote hiking trails are not. No logic. No rational. Just disruption for its own sake.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The shutdown is not about Covid and it is not about health. It is all about disruption of normal daily life, and it is about raw power. Riots are essential, but churches are not. Riots are essential, but beaches are not. Riots are essential, but remote hiking trails are not. No logic. No rational. Just disruption for its own sake.
Disruption is right.

Remember when Obama during the federal shutdown decided to inflict maximum pain by shutting down national parks as it was expensive to operate and could not be afforded?

It is the way libs do it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Disruption is right.

Remember when Obama during the federal shutdown decided to inflict maximum pain by shutting down national parks as it was expensive to operate and could not be afforded?

It is the way libs do it.
Yeah, they tried to keep a bunch of elderly WWII vets out of the WWII Memorial. A$$hole$.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis