Author Topic: Texas governor warns coronavirus 'is now spreading at an unacceptable rate' in state  (Read 2484 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

An update.....

I had posted that the test of the co-workers girlfriend came back negative on Yuesday.
Turned out that they re-tested the sample, and now it came back positive.
One saving grace is that this co-worker has been off since Wednesday the 16th, so we are more than 1/2 through the 14 day period.

2nd update.

My son works in our warehouse with the person whose girlfriend tested positive.
My son was tested yesterday.
Could be 3 to 5 days before he gets the results back.
Possibly 5 to 9 days, with the rush of Houston area people getting tested now.
Symptoms he has are headache, fatigue, and a sore throat, but no fever or cough.
Could be anything.
My son lives with us....

I don't think I updated this a 3rd time:

My son's test came back negative in 5 days, and he has been back to work with us since the following day.

The co-worker, who is in his 20's did test positive, but was out for 3-1/2 weeks. No symptoms, but he had to wait for 3 different test results to return.
The first 2 positives, followed by a negative.

Offline Hoodat

The co-worker, who is in his 20's did test positive, but was out for 3-1/2 weeks. No symptoms, but he had to wait for 3 different test results to return.
The first 2 positives, followed by a negative.

This is my big fear.   With a positive test, I will have to jump through hoops in order to qualify for a return to work.  Any time I am offered a test voluntarily, I refuse just for this reason.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-