Author Topic: Texas governor warns coronavirus 'is now spreading at an unacceptable rate' in state  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Victoria33

Even Texas is talking lockdown again!  Do you intend to do that?  It's ultimately up to you and me, and I have yet to strap on a spit mask.
@Cyber Liberty

Today, in Houston, Texas, they have turned Texas Children's Hospital into beds for COVID-19 patients.  They have also taken beds in M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for COVID-19 patients.  They are out of beds in regular hospitals.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Cyber Liberty

Today, in Houston, Texas, they have turned Texas Children's Hospital into beds for COVID-19 patients.  They have also taken beds in M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for COVID-19 patients.  They are out of beds in regular hospitals.
My SIL is a specialized pediatric RN for premature babies.....but they have so many Covid-19 cases, they are on alert to be called in for general duties. Near the Woodlands.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

There does appear to be some sort of an increase going on, in AZ too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Since this increase coincides with both Texas "opening up" and the utterly uncontrolled George Floyd protests, has there been any attempt to see how much of the increase coincides with cities that have had protests and cities that have not?

Or is it thought-free panic time?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since this increase coincides with both Texas "opening up" and the utterly uncontrolled George Floyd protests, has there been any attempt to see how much of the increase coincides with cities that have had protests and cities that have not?

The Rats have realized the riots blew their whole COVID panic narrative out of the water, and so they intend to repair that damage.  I don't think they can shove the toothpaste back into the tube.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

To me it's a face palm event of people not using common sense. 

We use grocery pickup, and i use a very deliberative elaborate disinfection process bringing in those groceries.  my wife and I am over 60, and have a few pre-existers.  OTOH, while waiting for groceries, we see the majority of people not using masks, and many of these obviously not in the best of health.  Yeah, a small percentage of people are getting sick, but why tempt fate?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

Funny, how just 2 weeks ago, Mayor Turner of Houston said we can't blame the protesters for the spike.
Then, one week later, he urged everyone who was at the protest to get tested.

They know....

Add the increases in testing, too, along with the re-opening.

I 'll say this.
I find it hard to believe that 10 people sitting in a restaurant that usually holds 50, would spread the virus faster than 60,000 marching in close proximity at a protest.

Offline PeteS in CA

To me it's a face palm event of people not using common sense. 

We use grocery pickup, and i use a very deliberative elaborate disinfection process bringing in those groceries.  my wife and I am over 60, and have a few pre-existers.  OTOH, while waiting for groceries, we see the majority of people not using masks, and many of these obviously not in the best of health.  Yeah, a small percentage of people are getting sick, but why tempt fate?

I don't see this as a (hypothetical) either-or between general carelessness and the carelessness of the protesters. But since the increase is being used as a political club against TX and against re-opening generally, I think knowing the relative proportions important.

Our fam does the normal precautions outside of our home. If we're near other people or in stores we have masks on. OTOH, if we are outside with no one near, the mask gets pulled down so as to breath easier. My employer requires mask use, so I do when I'm at work (I was never full-time work-from-home).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline EdinVA

This still does not make any sense to me....
It just seems that you would have to have thousands of contagious people in a crowd to infect 5 or 10 thousand people, just one or 2 would not do it.
It almost seems to be a dispersal of some kind...

Offline PeteS in CA

Hmmmm, something from a person in Austin, https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/382959/ :

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:19:14 am by PeteS in CA »

Offline skeeter

The George Floyd deal was an event of opportunity - a quick interlude from the COVID master plan. The event is over, maximum political advantage extracted, so its back to the master plan.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hmmmm, something from a person in Austin, https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/382959/ :

The text in the graphic is hopelessly unreadable. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

The text in the graphic is hopelessly unreadable. :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty, fixed it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Continue to protect our most vulnerable .... but go forth and build our community immunity and weaken this virus.

At this point in the cycle what matters is the mortality rate.  And the good news is the young(er) are recovering, if they even knew they were sick at all.

Remember:  The goal was never to have 0 infections.  The goal was to manage hospitalizations. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty, fixed it.

Much better!  It shows opening up didn't cause the spike they're complaining about, it was the riots in Houston and probably Dallas and SA.  Austin, because they are followers, not leaders.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Much better!  It shows opening up didn't cause the spike they're complaining about, it was the riots in Houston and probably Dallas and SA.  Austin, because they are followers, not leaders.

That people in general being careless or acting on the belief that masks, etc. are useless are part of the increases in TX is, I think, obvious. But a pattern is emerging across multiple states that there is a correlation between "protests" and a surge in cases. Because of politicization, I think it important to try to discern between the two sources.

From Worldometer, it appears that the 5 counties with the most new case are:

Harris
Bexar
Tarrant
Dallas
Hidalgo

These are probably the most populous counties in Texas, so carelessness and disbelief are proportionally significant. But if there have also bee large "protests" in these counties ...

Of course the understanding that would come of such a discernment would be at cross purposes with the Dems' and MSM's Texas-bashing narrative. The same could be said of FL, of course.

What would really be interesting and possibly illuminating would be whether closed states like MN that have also had riots have had a surge in cases. Especially in riot cities/counties.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The untold story:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

I hadn't yet either, until...........

A co-worker's girlfriend was tested Friday.
We are supposed to find out the results some time today.

If the girlfriend comes back as positive................

Well, this could get interesting real fast.
We are in a 6,000 sq. ft. machine shop with about 15 employees.
Missing one of them for a few weeks who was called up on guard duty, but he is at some classified location.
We think either Seattle or Atlanta, but we don't really  know.

An update.....

I had posted that the test of the co-workers girlfriend came back negative on Yuesday.
Turned out that they re-tested the sample, and now it came back positive.
One saving grace is that this co-worker has been off since Wednesday the 16th, so we are more than 1/2 through the 14 day period.

2nd update.

My son works in our warehouse with the person whose girlfriend tested positive.
My son was tested yesterday.
Could be 3 to 5 days before he gets the results back.
Possibly 5 to 9 days, with the rush of Houston area people getting tested now.
Symptoms he has are headache, fatigue, and a sore throat, but no fever or cough.
Could be anything.
My son lives with us....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:26:13 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline mountaineer

Kris Held,MD  @kksheld
My heart breaks for Texas. Our hospitals have empty beds. We are prepared. We are not an ant hill like New York. Let doctors be doctors. Let patients choose treatment. Let Texans be free. Politicians who outlaw certain meds and surgery are harming patients-and on what grounds.
Quote Tweet
Debbie D'Souza  @Debber66
 Â· 4h
The problem with staying in again is that we are delaying the inevitable. Every time we stop the economy-we delay herd immunity.
If we will stay home and contain it,the minute we leave our house another spike will happen.We can’t keep doing this! There will be nothing left!
6:43 PM · Jun 26, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Dear Texas Patients and Physicians: Here’s one thing we can do to stop the pandemic.
Posted on June 24, 2020   

Dear Texas Physicians, especially primary care, urgent care and nursing home doctors,

When the COVID 19 pandemic hit the U.S.A., we stopped in our tracks, shut down our O.R.s, closed our clinics, and even gated our hospitals to all but urgent or emergency patients in response to Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-09.  At that point in time, we had very few COVID cases, hospitalizations, or deaths in Texas. We took these drastic steps to “flatten the curve.”  ...

So here we are now, 3 months later, riding the Texas surge of the COVID wave, which has been purportedly “flattened” by varying orders from each of the fifty states’ Governors. We are all familiar with the intervening crises and consequences of our actions of the past 3 months. What have we learned? Will we repeat mistakes of the past, or will we use experience to save Texas lives?  ...

Many physicians acquiesce to unquestioningly following bureaucratic algorithms, accepting guidelines as mandates, and not innovating solutions for fear of retaliation by medical boards, threat of loss of licensure, and even threat of jail time and fines. This top down fear and intimidation leaves patients without their best advocates, their physicians- ironically, amidst a pandemic, when one would think it is our nation’s physicians we need the most. ...

Please, fellow Texas physicians, consider treating your high risk COVID-19 patients using Dr. Zelenko’s protocol or a thoughtful individualized variation thereof. Do your homework on this. Consider treating symptomatic COVID patients early, within five days of the onset of their first symptoms, with safe, low dose hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and either azithromycin or doxycycline- before the viral load is huge, before the lungs are suffering the ravages of cytokine storm including microemboli, and before the patient deteriorates to a condition requiring hospitalization. At least offer your patients this option.  ...
More from Kris Held, M.D.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Abbot is morphing into a Democrat right before our eyes.

And I had such high hopes for him.

Let's vote Dan Patrick in next election.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Continue to protect our most vulnerable .... but go forth and build our community immunity and weaken this virus.

At this point in the cycle what matters is the mortality rate.  And the good news is the young(er) are recovering, if they even knew they were sick at all.

Remember:  The goal was never to have 0 infections.  The goal was to manage hospitalizations.
Almost word for word what I wrote the governor today.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

There won't be a vaccine because there has never been a successful vaccine for a retrovirus 1. Look at Fauci's failure to make an HIV vaccine for that retrovirus 2. All of the vaccines in development are cutting corners on the clinical trials 3 and using techniques that have never been used before. Most of these companies have never brought a single product to market 4. Think about that.

@austingirl

1 Corona viruses are not retroviruses.

2 Whether correct or incorrect, experiences with HIV and other retroviruses are irrelevant to the possibility of developing of vaccines for Covid-19.

3 "Clinical trials" are trials done with humans. Of the three leading vaccines likely to be approved in the US, the vaccines from AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Pfizer have all completed Phase I and II clinical trials, and all three are conducting Phase III trials. Where have "corners" been "cut"?

4 You can correct me if you know better, but I'm pretty sure AstraZeneca and Pfizer have "brought products to market", many products, probably over more decades than I've been alive.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Abbot is morphing into a Democrat right before our eyes.

And I had such high hopes for him.

Let's vote Dan Patrick in next election.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Texas governor warns coronavirus 'is now spreading at an unacceptable rate' in state

At the current "unacceptable" rate, it will still take Texas over five years to reach 50% infection.  (Herd immunity is 60%)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-