Author Topic: Gretchen Whitmer to ‘Very Seriously’ Consider Trying to Prevent Trump Rally in Michigan  (Read 505 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amy Furr 22 Jun 2020

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) said recently that she “would think very seriously about” trying to keep President Trump from holding a rally in her state.

“We know that congregating without masks, especially at an indoor facility, is the worst thing to do in the midst of a global pandemic,” she told the Associated Press (AP).

However, Whitmer added that she was not aware of the specific legal tools available to prevent a rally from happening.

“I just know we have limitations on the number of people that can gather and that we’re taking this seriously,” she said.

Wednesday, the governor rebuked the legislature and citizens who were circulating petitions that she claimed were an attempt to limit her power, according to Breitbart News.

“I want to be very clear, any attempt to strip away the powers of the governor during this time is irresponsible, dangerous, and foolish,” Whitmer said.

The Restore Freedom Initiative would amend the state Constitution to, among other things, “clarify the separation of powers, foundations and functions of government” and “guarantee the constitutional limitations of government during emergencies.”

Thursday, the governor signed an executive order to extend the “state of emergency declaration related to the COVID-19 pandemic until July 16,” according to her office’s website.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/22/gretchen-whitmer-to-very-seriously-consider-trying-to-prevent-trump-rally-in-michigan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

This woman has dangerous ideas about the limits of her power.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FYI:

Wednesday, the governor rebuked the legislature and citizens who were circulating petitions that she claimed were an attempt to limit her power, according to Breitbart News.

“I want to be very clear, any attempt to strip away the powers of the governor during this time is irresponsible, dangerous, and foolish,” Whitmer said.

She misunderstands the nature of some of those petitions.  They aren't aiming to "limit her power."   They want t strip her of all the power, and return her to private life where she can't do more damage.  The success of those actions depends on what she does now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This woman has dangerous ideas about the limits of her power.

@skeeter

I don't think this woman has ever had an actual idea in her whole life.

She has obviously never even heard of "Freedom of Speech".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:28:59 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think she's asked Trump for a bailout.

I suppose she thinks this threat will give her leverage.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A rally by a Presidential candidate, seems to be the ultimate First Amendment expression.

This shows just how authoritarian, these far Lefties are.

Repress, cancel Trumps speech.

AOC, Far Left, Progressives, SJWs, whatever they call themselves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been suggesting this for a while, but nobody important is hearing it.  Can't believe they haven't figured it out.  Call the rallies "peaceful demonstrations" or "protests."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

I don't think this woman has ever had an actual idea in her whole life.

She has obviously never even heard of "Freedom of Speech".
Every so often you run across someone who should never be let anywhere near a lever of power. She is one of those.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Every so often you run across someone who should never be let anywhere near a lever of power. She is one of those.
I think the only lever she is capable of handling is on a toilet, and I'm not sure of that.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:19:02 pm by GtHawk »

Offline PeteS in CA

So, did Whitmer make even slight effort to shut down BLM/Antifoid protests due to lack of masks and social distancing? If not, therein is the proof of her partisan intent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth seeker wrote:
"Far Left, Progressives, SJWs, whatever they call themselves..."

It doesn't matter what they "call themselves".
You still know what they ARE.