Author Topic: Gretchen Whitmer to ‘Very Seriously’ Consider Trying to Prevent Trump Rally in Michigan  (Read 234 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Amy Furr 22 Jun 2020

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) said recently that she “would think very seriously about” trying to keep President Trump from holding a rally in her state.

“We know that congregating without masks, especially at an indoor facility, is the worst thing to do in the midst of a global pandemic,” she told the Associated Press (AP).

However, Whitmer added that she was not aware of the specific legal tools available to prevent a rally from happening.

“I just know we have limitations on the number of people that can gather and that we’re taking this seriously,” she said.

Wednesday, the governor rebuked the legislature and citizens who were circulating petitions that she claimed were an attempt to limit her power, according to Breitbart News.

“I want to be very clear, any attempt to strip away the powers of the governor during this time is irresponsible, dangerous, and foolish,” Whitmer said.

The Restore Freedom Initiative would amend the state Constitution to, among other things, “clarify the separation of powers, foundations and functions of government” and “guarantee the constitutional limitations of government during emergencies.”

Thursday, the governor signed an executive order to extend the “state of emergency declaration related to the COVID-19 pandemic until July 16,” according to her office’s website.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/22/gretchen-whitmer-to-very-seriously-consider-trying-to-prevent-trump-rally-in-michigan/
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Online skeeter

This woman has dangerous ideas about the limits of her power.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • Impeach Him Again! Harder!!!®
FYI:

Wednesday, the governor rebuked the legislature and citizens who were circulating petitions that she claimed were an attempt to limit her power, according to Breitbart News.

“I want to be very clear, any attempt to strip away the powers of the governor during this time is irresponsible, dangerous, and foolish,” Whitmer said.

She misunderstands the nature of some of those petitions.  They aren't aiming to "limit her power."   They want t strip her of all the power, and return her to private life where she can't do more damage.  The success of those actions depends on what she does now.
We need to re-coin the expression, "Press Bias" to "Media Bigotry."
I will NOT comply.
                          Castillo del Cyber! ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This woman has dangerous ideas about the limits of her power.

@skeeter

I don't think this woman has ever had an actual idea in her whole life.

She has obviously never even heard of "Freedom of Speech".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:28:59 PM by sneakypete »
Ever think you would be arrested for NOT wearing a mask when entering a convenience store?

As that famous philosopher Goober Gore noted,"Whutz sposta be up iz doawn,and whutz sposta be doawn iz up!"

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
    • The Conservative Fist
I think she's asked Trump for a bailout.

I suppose she thinks this threat will give her leverage.
The Conservative Fist: https://twitter.com/arguedpolitics - follow me and I'll follow you.

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A rally by a Presidential candidate, seems to be the ultimate First Amendment expression.

This shows just how authoritarian, these far Lefties are.

Repress, cancel Trumps speech.

AOC, Far Left, Progressives, SJWs, whatever they call themselves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • Impeach Him Again! Harder!!!®
I've been suggesting this for a while, but nobody important is hearing it.  Can't believe they haven't figured it out.  Call the rallies "peaceful demonstrations" or "protests."
We need to re-coin the expression, "Press Bias" to "Media Bigotry."
I will NOT comply.
                          Castillo del Cyber! ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online skeeter

@skeeter

I don't think this woman has ever had an actual idea in her whole life.

She has obviously never even heard of "Freedom of Speech".
Every so often you run across someone who should never be let anywhere near a lever of power. She is one of those.

Offline GtHawk

• Wake me up when the world is sane again!
Every so often you run across someone who should never be let anywhere near a lever of power. She is one of those.
I think the only lever she is capable of handling is on a toilet, and I'm not sure of that.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:19:02 PM by GtHawk »

Online PeteS in CA

So, did Whitmer make even slight effort to shut down BLM/Antifoid protests due to lack of masks and social distancing? If not, therein is the proof of her partisan intent.
US Coronavirus timeline: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395099.msg2169385.html#msg2169385

China Coronavirus timeline: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395099.msg2184146.html#msg2184146

Achhhhh ... ssss ... sss ... I HATES Clicksbaitsesssssss!

Think of the Press as Democratic Operatives with Bylines and it All Makes Sense - Glenn Reynolds, Instapundit blog

Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might reflect badly on Democrats. - Jim Treacher

Online Fishrrman

truth seeker wrote:
"Far Left, Progressives, SJWs, whatever they call themselves..."

It doesn't matter what they "call themselves".
You still know what they ARE.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf