Author Topic: Trump family asking court to block publication of niece's book  (Read 677 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump family asking court to block publication of niece's book
By J. Edward Moreno - 06/23/20 05:06 PM EDT

President Trump's family is asking a court to block the publication of his niece’s tell-all book, which is set for next month.

News of Mary Trump's plans to publish "Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man," was first reported earlier this month by the Daily Beast, which said she is under a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) with the estate of Fred Trump, the president's late brother.

According to The New York Times, Trump’s younger brother, Robert Trump, filed a request for a temporary restraining order on Tuesday against the book publisher, Simon & Schuster.

The book is advertised as a “revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him.”

Mary Trump is expected to reveal that she was the Times’s source for their investigative coverage of the president’s finances.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/504173-trump-family-asking-court-to-block-publication-of-nieces-book
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Re: Trump family asking court to block publication of niece's book
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 10:08:03 pm »
Last week it was John Bolton, this week it's Mary Trump.
Plato, the very essence of wisdom, defined the Family Unit as the glue/nucleus of society and the
bedrock of the nation/state.
That Mary Trump would publicly ventilate a corrosive narrative of her Potus Uncle says volumes about
the level of seething hatred and loathing, pervasive within that family for more than half a century.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:41:46 pm »
Plato, the very essence of wisdom, defined the Family Unit as the glue/nucleus of society and the
That Mary Trump would publicly ventilate a corrosive narrative of her Potus Uncle says volumes about
the level of seething hatred and loathing, pervasive within that family for more than half a century.

Just because one shares blood does not create love or fealty. I don't care what Plato or anyone else says.

They may not care for each other...and I'm sure there is money involved.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 10:54:51 pm »
Ha ha. Plato.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:05 pm »

I've always had the feeling there was little love in that family.  I look at Trump, his present wife and his young son.  Does Trump ever spend any free time with either or both of them?  The few times Mrs. Trump accompanies her husband on official visits -- I just don't see much of a loving connection between them.  Mrs. Trump often looks like she would rather be somewhere else.

And ok, I get the reasons Barron is kept out of the limelight and that is probably wise   But I never hear or see mention that he spends time with his dad.  Makes me wonder why.

I was raised in a close, loving family.  Maybe because of that I just don't understand families that are at each other's throats or don't speak to each other.  Seems to me in the Trump family it's all about fame and fortune.  There is little, if any, love there.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 11:09:40 pm »

Who else goes the extra mile to deliver fresh entertainment like our POTUS?
With apologies to Sid Caesar, the Trump Administration is legitimately The Show of Shows.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes, "Still Not Releasing My Taxes, You Nosy Libs" (guest starring the Supreme Court),
"Congressional Oversight is For Dopes and Babies," and "I Never Downplayed the Coronavirus" (guest starring Sleepy Joe Biden).
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 11:30:45 pm »
Mary Trump is expected to reveal that she was the Times’s source for their investigative coverage of the president’s finances. 

She sounds like a real gem. Hillary just pushes her troubles off buildings (this week it was that Bing millionaire).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8449383/Kangaroo-Jack-writer-Steve-Bing-55-jumps-death-27th-floor-LA-apartment.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:33:31 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 12:52:27 am »
Ha ha. Plato.  :silly:
--------------------------
Plato had many traits; silly was never one of them.
Suggest you cease embarrassing yourself.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 12:56:41 am »
Who else goes the extra mile to deliver fresh entertainment like our POTUS?
With apologies to Sid Caesar, the Trump Administration is legitimately The Show of Shows.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes, "Still Not Releasing My Taxes, You Nosy Libs" (guest starring the Supreme Court),
"Congressional Oversight is For Dopes and Babies," and "I Never Downplayed the Coronavirus" (guest starring Sleepy Joe Biden).
---------------------------
Clever, indeed.
Bet you can easily create another 50 Show Titles.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 01:08:32 am »
With all the mayhem in the streets and the virus now reportedly out of control ... who cares about the book?  I could care less.

We have armed protesters taking over a Wendy's in Atlanta ... and only the only new outlet that is reporting it is FOX .  Yet all the news outlets are focused on this stupid book.  What does that tell you?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 01:17:52 am »
--------------------------
Plato had many traits; silly was never one of them.
Suggest you cease embarrassing yourself.
Your suggestion is duly noted, and will be given the attention it deserves.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 07:12:49 am »
With all the mayhem in the streets and the virus now reportedly out of control ... who cares about the book?  I could care less.

We have armed protesters taking over a Wendy's in Atlanta ... and only the only new outlet that is reporting it is FOX .  Yet all the news outlets are focused on this stupid book.  What does that tell you?
They need something fresh for the news cycle. People have reached the saturation level for destruction and mayhem. Too much same ol' same ol'.
Besides, with the audience's trained attention spans of a gnat, they need something shiny to wave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 10:16:44 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 04:14:20 pm »
No, just trying to enforce an NDA signed nearly 20 years ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.