Author Topic: Antifa Planning Flag Burning At Gettysburg On July 4th [UNCONFIRMED]  (Read 1173 times)

Offline mountaineer

Antifa Planning Flag Burning At Gettysburg On July 4th
By Jacob Engels
Published June 22, 2020 at 1:15pm

According to , Antifa domestic terrorists are planning to desecrate the Gettysburg National Cemetery and set the American Flag ablaze on Independence Day.

Gettysburg, the site of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War and on American soil, is respected and revered by every sane American. As they have demonstrated since 2016, and in particular since Antifa and BLM have fused into a violent rage mob, the modern progressive and leftist movement has lost all sense of decency and sanity.   ...
Gateway Pundit

I looked at the Facebook page. They also encourage the destruction of all Confederate monuments, statues, etc., and helpfully provide a list of place to find them. It may be fake, I honestly don't know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:52:10 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Re: Antifa Planning Flag Burning At Gettysburg On July 4th [UNCONFIRMED]
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 10:59:49 pm »
Isn’t Pennsylvania open carry? Maybe if patriots, peaceful, armed patriots, show up with their own display of flags, and make a peaceful showing of  protesting the protesters, the contrast to the news cameras could be quite ironic for the viewing public.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 11:05:05 pm »
So much for standing against the confederacy. Why do those rebel statues gotta come down again?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 11:11:40 pm »
This is a federal park, no?  If so, close the park on the 4th and maybe Trump can dispatch the military to protect it. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 11:15:25 pm »
Isn’t Pennsylvania open carry? Maybe if patriots, peaceful, armed patriots, show up with their own display of flags, and make a peaceful showing of  protesting the protesters, the contrast to the news cameras could be quite ironic for the viewing public.

Peaceful armed patriots??  While I have absolutely no problem with that, somehow I don't see it ending well with rioters on the other side.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 11:17:32 pm »
Statues on Gettysburg’s battlefields are history lessons rather than racist symbols, park official says
Chris Pastrick | Monday, June 22, 2020 9:23 a.m.
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

...   Despite the historical lessons the statues at Gettysburg teach, Martz acknowledged vandalism is not only possible but inevitable.

“We’re concerned about (the statues) all of the time,” he said. “We’ve had a number of things happen to them since they were put in.”

Whether it’s having a bayonet mended or a stone corner repaired, Martz said making repairs to historical markers is nothing new.

As part of the National Park Service, defacing any part of the Gettysburg battlefield — including all statues, monuments and markers — is a federal misdemeanor and punishable by three to six months in prison and up to a $500 fine.   ...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 11:23:11 pm »
Three years ago, there were rumors of an Antifa attack on Gettysburg.
Antifa: We're not coming to Gettysburg
    BY JIM HALE Times Staff Writer Jul 1, 2017

Anti-fascist activists do not plan to rally here today, according to a statement released via the CentralPA Antifa Facebook page.

"The rumored event in Gettysburg this Saturday is a complete fabrication. No antifa groups have planned a rally there that day. Instead we have planned to participate in the anti-Trump demonstration in Philadelphia, along with many other antifa and anti-racist groups in PA and surrounding areas," said the statement issued Friday. ...  Gettysburg Times[/url[
Of course, a lot has changed since then (who knew they could get worse?!). If they really intend to do something this year, they won't telegraph it - they wouldn't want the government to be able to prepare adequately.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 11:27:00 pm »
If this post is for real and not just some joker stirring the pot then I would say that Antifa has planned an A$$ kicking and have won the coin toss to recieve.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 11:36:07 pm »
First, they came for The Confederate Flag...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 11:37:50 pm »
Three years ago, there were rumors of an Antifa attack on Gettysburg.Of course, a lot has changed since then (who knew they could get worse?!). If they really intend to do something this year, they won't telegraph it - they wouldn't want the government to be able to prepare adequately.

This year??  They're already rioting and tearing down statues and monuments.  They are here. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 11:38:49 pm »
Isn’t Pennsylvania open carry?
I believe it is. Here's what the Gettysburg National Military Park website says:
Firearms in National Parks: The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010. Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws. The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting. Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances. The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting. For more information about gun laws in Pennsylvania, please visit the Pennsylvania State Police web site.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 11:39:28 pm »
Of course they would deny it..they are all about shock and awe and now that the event is disclosed they will move on to plan B, wherever that is..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 11:41:31 pm »
This year??  They're already rioting and tearing down statues and monuments.  They are here.
They'll damage and destroy whatever they can. Will they dare to do it at this special place and, if so, will authorities have the backbone to stop them?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 11:49:23 pm »
Of course they would deny it..they are all about shock and awe and now that the event is disclosed they will move on to plan B, wherever that is..

They also know that outside the inner city they can count on getting their asses handed to them. Especially if they give advance notice.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 11:53:39 pm »
If this post is for real and not just some joker stirring the pot then I would say that Antifa has planned an A$$ kicking and have won the coin toss to recieve.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 08:05:09 pm »
<snipit>
According to a Facebook page called Left Behind USA, Antifa domestic terrorists are planning to desecrate the Gettysburg National Cemetery and set the American Flag ablaze on Independence Day.

Gettysburg, the site of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War and on American soil, is respected and revered by every sane American. As they have demonstrated since 2016, and in particular since Antifa and BLM have fused into a violent rage mob, the modern progressive and leftist movement has lost all sense of decency and sanity.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/antifa-planning-flag-burning-gettysburg-july-4th/
==================================================================================

Not sure of the validity of this claim, and GP has been suspect at times.  I don't think they are that stupid to cross this line.

Rural setting outside of urban cover, ....  with a likely response, law enforcement and patriots.  Naaaaaw, I don't believe this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »
Well, it seems to me that for starters, someone needs to video every vehicle, who gets out, license plates, who gets in.

Be a real shame if some of those vehicles broke down...or had flats, or somehow couldn't leave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 09:12:56 pm »
Well, it seems to me that for starters, someone needs to video every vehicle, who gets out, license plates, who gets in.

Be a real shame if some of those vehicles broke down...or had flats, or somehow couldn't leave.

I think it is a hoax or a bluff, because I don't think these cowards have the balls to operate out an urban situation where they  can't weave in and out of streets, alleys, and buildings.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 11:42:30 pm »
I think it is a hoax or a bluff, because I don't think these cowards have the balls to operate out an urban situation where they  can't weave in and out of streets, alleys, and buildings.
It likely is, but they have been pumped to think they are rough and tough.
Some have even been taking classes in how to fight.
They haven't dealt with Blue Collar America yet.

Good ol' boys are slow to anger, but there are some 'hot buttons' they don't want to push.

Defiling graves isn't too well received, no matter which side they were on.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod1

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 10:37:16 am »
Threads merged

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 11:12:02 am »
Threads merged
See what you caused....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 11:13:56 am »
See what you caused....

Democrat logic?

Or is that one of those nooses they've been installing at NASCAR tracks throughout the land?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 11:58:50 am »
Don't they have reenactments at Gettysburg on July 4th?

My idea?  Combine the Union and  Confederate forces...  give them live ammo, and then turn them loose on Antifa.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »
Not sure, but I believe the coronavirus knocked out this year's events. Glenn Beck was hoping to have some sort of gathering there on that weekend (not sure where), but it was cancelled.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 12:02:02 pm »

My idea?  Combine the Union and  Confederate forces...  give them live ammo, and then turn them loose on Antifa.

Would that be a civil civil war or lead abuse?