Author Topic: Trump: Niece's tell-all book would violate 'very powerful' NDA  (Read 916 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump: Niece's tell-all book would violate 'very powerful' NDA
Daniel Chaitin 5 hrs ago

President Trump said his niece signed a "very powerful" nondisclosure agreement that would legally block her from publishing a tell-all family memoir set to go on sale later this month.

He told Axios on Friday that Mary Trump is "not allowed" to write her book, which is expected to reveal she is the source of confidential documents disclosed in a blockbuster New York Times investigation into the family's "legally dubious" tax schemes in the 1990s.

The Daily Beast, which first reported the NDA, said Mary Trump signed it following a 2001 settlement following litigation dissipating the estate of Fred Trump, the president's late father. The report also said the president is considering legal action.

Trump claimed the NDA "covers everything" and hinted that some members of his family, including his brother Robert, are upset with Mary's plans to publish a book...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-nieces-tell-all-book-would-violate-very-powerful-nda/ar-BB15NNBA?ocid=spartanntp

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Trump: Niece's tell-all book would violate 'very powerful' NDA
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 02:25:31 pm »
So, @Chosen Daughter, do you support Mary Trump violating the NDA she signed?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 02:48:50 pm »
So, @Chosen Daughter, do you support Mary Trump violating the NDA she signed?

What kind of family demands members sign NDAs?

And if what was written does violate the NDA then it must be true because the only violation would be to reveal actual facts. By demanding that this is covered by NDA only adds further credence to the claims she's making. You can't claim it is all lies while at the same time claiming it is an NDA violation with any shred of logic.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 03:08:37 pm »

And if what was written does violate the NDA then it must be true because the only violation would be to reveal actual facts. By demanding that this is covered by NDA only adds further credence to the claims she's making. You can't claim it is all lies while at the same time claiming it is an NDA violation with any shred of logic.

@DB, the article Chosen posted gave the answer to your question, but I'll add a few details. When Fred Trump died, Donald Sr.'s brother and Mary (brother's daughter) decided to contest the will. Part of however the lawsuit was settled - not to Mary's liking, evidently - was that all concerned signed an NDA. IOW, Donald Sr. is one of those bound by the NDA (though how Mary's violation of the NDA affects Donald Sr.'s obligations under the NDA, I won't guess).

NDA's are not particularly uncommon. I'm probably bound by several - NDAs signed after changing jobs, whether voluntarily or by layoff. They are fairly common in settlements of civil lawsuits. If Mary doesn't like being bound by an NDA, maybe she should have thought of that predictable aspect of however the lawsuit she and her father filed would be settled before filing the lawsuit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:41:37 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 07:11:10 am »
@DB, the article Chosen posted gave the answer to your question, but I'll add a few details. When Fred Trump died, Donald Sr.'s brother and Mary (brother's daughter) decided to contest the will. Part of however the lawsuit was settled - not to Mary's liking, evidently - was that all concerned signed an NDA. IOW, Donald Sr. is one of those bound by the NDA (though how Mary's violation of the NDA affects Donald Sr.'s obligations under the NDA, I won't guess).

NDA's are not particularly uncommon. I'm probably bound by several - NDAs signed after changing jobs, whether voluntarily or by layoff. They are fairly common in settlements of civil lawsuits. If Mary doesn't like being bound by an NDA, maybe she should have thought of that predictable aspect of however the lawsuit she and her father filed would be settled before filing the lawsuit.

Well I guess he will have to take it up in court.  If she is willing to divulge the information, no I don't have a problem with it.  Or maybe the NDA doesn't cover that.  Trump lives his life suing people.  He will try to sue his niece too it looks like.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:15:14 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 01:37:15 pm »
I have had to sign several NDAs over the course of my employments and I requested that I sign one for some off the book work I did for a former co-worker/ friend for an item he was patenting.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 02:11:33 pm »
Well I guess he will have to take it up in court.  If she is willing to divulge the information, no I don't have a problem with it.  Or maybe the NDA doesn't cover that.  Trump lives his life suing people.  He will try to sue his niece too it looks like.

@Chosen Daughter,

1. The initial lawsuit was filed by Mary and her father, not Donald Trump. They lost, apparently, and signed the NDA to limit the consequences of their loss.

2. An NDA is a valid binding contract.

3. Thank you for admitting that you are fine with Mary violating a binding contract because it might hurt or besmirch President Trump. It shows that if Trump might be hurt, you do not care if laws are broken to accomplish that goal. Your post proves that you are as unprincipled as you claim others here are.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 02:16:08 pm »
I have had to sign several NDAs over the course of my employments and I requested that I sign one for some off the book work I did for a former co-worker/ friend for an item he was patenting.

NDAs are commonly used in business. You and I mentioned use in employment. They are also the norm when two businesses partner in developing mutually beneficial products. An example of the latter would be the NDAs in which a company like Intel or AMD partner with Dell or HP to develop new computer systems or provide technical support for current products.

One of the common deceptions used by Hate-Trumpers and Never-Trumpers is to claim something Trump does that is quite ordinary but unfamiliar to many people is outrageous and unprecedented. It's a deception that plays on people being uninformed and on their trust.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:28:49 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 02:39:40 pm »
NDAs are commonly used in business. You and I mentioned use in employment. They are also the norm when two businesses partner in developing mutually beneficial products. An example of the latter would be the NDAs in which a company like Intel or AMD partner with Dell or HP to develop new computer systems or provide technical support for current products.

One of the common deceptions used by Hate-Trumpers and Never-Trumpers is to claim something Trump does that is quite ordinary but unfamiliar to many people is outrageous and unprecedented. It's a deception that plays on people being uninformed and on their trust.

Yes, NDAs are commonly used in business to protect IP.

But not among family members for family secrets that have nothing to do with protecting IP. There's nothing "normal" about that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 02:46:08 pm »

I signed a few myself.  I worked in a Research and Development lab for a large Semiconductor company and we dealt with a lot of patents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 03:07:11 pm »
I signed a few myself.  I worked in a Research and Development lab for a large Semiconductor company and we dealt with a lot of patents.
@Cyber Liberty

There was a lawsuit about money.  Likely the NDA was about that money - she can't reveal the outcome of that case about the money.  If that is true, which it likely is, the NDA does not cover the history of the family as she lived it, which is what this book covers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 03:11:48 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

There was a lawsuit about money.  Likely the NDA was about that money - she can't reveal the outcome of that case about the money.  If that is true, which it likely is, the NDA does not cover the history of the family as she lived it, which is what this book covers.

I'd have to see the NDA to know if that is the case.  In a "family business," the family is the business, the business is the family, and that can mean anything is fair game for a NDA.  Activities of a family or business member can be detrimental to others' business, so can be addressed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 06:30:04 pm »
Yes, NDAs are commonly used in business to protect IP.

But not among family members for family secrets that have nothing to do with protecting IP. There's nothing "normal" about that.
You can point at just about any lawsuit involving a celebrity and they have NDA. Charlie Sheen and Scottine Ross, Harvey Weinstein and Rose McGowan, Justin Bieber party invites require one. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 07:48:30 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

So is the book published and on the shelves? Because until then how does anyone but her writer and publisher know what's in it and what it covers? Personally when I hanker for fiction to read it's not the dirty laundry kind.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 08:00:08 pm »
Business NDAs may be the most common, but that is not the only context for non-disclosure agreements. Like I said above, bogeymanizing things Trump does that are unfamiliar as unprecedented and outrageous ...

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 10:07:57 pm »
You can point at just about any lawsuit involving a celebrity and they have NDA. Charlie Sheen and Scottine Ross, Harvey Weinstein and Rose McGowan, Justin Bieber party invites require one.

With family members or their entourage?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 02:56:54 am »
------------------------
Intuitive and factually on the mark.
Would a female (a niece) publicly slander a male (her uncle) who was powerful and rich???
We know nothing of the female who, as such, deserves the 'benefit of the doubt'.
We know volumes about the male who has been on public display for some 30 years.
Draw your own conclusion as to why the male wants to suppress the book which for
sure ain't got anything to do w/national security!!!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 03:05:48 am »
@Cyber Liberty

That's what I think.