Author Topic: Bolton says he hopes history will remember Trump 'as a one-term president'  (Read 613 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton says he hopes history will remember Trump 'as a one-term president'
By Morgan Chalfant - 06/21/20 09:58 PM EDT

Former national security adviser John Bolton said in an interview with ABC’s Martha Raddatz aired Sunday night that he hoped President Trump would not be elected to a second term.

“I hope it will remember him as a one-term president who didn't plunge the country irretrievably into a downward spiral we can't recall from,” Bolton said in the interview, when asked how he thinks history will remember Trump. “We can get over one term. I have absolute confidence — even if it's not the miracle of a conservative Republican being elected in November. Two terms, I'm more troubled about.”

Bolton said he didn’t believe Trump “fully understands the democratic process” or the Constitution and doesn’t appreciate the “proper role of the presidency.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/503826-bolton-says-he-hopes-history-will-remember-trump-as-a-one-term
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Bolton says he hopes history will remember Trump 'as a one-term president'
By Morgan Chalfant - 06/21/20 09:58 PM EDT

Former national security adviser John Bolton said in an interview with ABC’s Martha Raddatz aired Sunday night that he hoped President Trump would not be elected to a second term.

“I hope it will remember him as a one-term president who didn't plunge the country irretrievably into a downward spiral we can't recall from,” Bolton said in the interview, when asked how he thinks history will remember Trump. “We can get over one term. I have absolute confidence — even if it's not the miracle of a conservative Republican being elected in November. Two terms, I'm more troubled about.”

Bolton said he didn’t believe Trump “fully understands the democratic process” or the Constitution and doesn’t appreciate the “proper role of the presidency.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/503826-bolton-says-he-hopes-history-will-remember-trump-as-a-one-term

Wow...I think Bolton has a delusional perception of Biden.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Wow...I think Bolton has a delusional perception of Biden.

I sincerely doubt that Bolton wants a Biden Presidency.  Its probably more like he knows a lot about Donald Trump.  So it may be your own delusional perception of Trump.  I know that Bolton is the guy to hate right now.  So is Jeff Sessions, and trail of Conservative bones coming from the White House.  The Bones of finished political careers due to Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Nope Bolton doesn't want to vote for Biden

Published
June 21, 2020
8:11 pm
Bolton says he won’t be voting for Trump or Biden

Former national security adviser John Bolton said he will not be voting for his former boss President Donald Trump or the presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden in this year’s election.

“I don’t think he’s fit for office,” Bolton said of Trump in an interview with ABC News that aired Sunday. “I don’t think he has the competence to carry out the job. I don’t think he’s a conservative Republican.”

“I’m not gonna vote for him in November. Certainly not gonna vote for Joe Biden either,” he added.

Instead, Bolton told ABC he will “figure out a conservative Republican to write in.”

https://localnews8.com/politics/2020/06/21/john-bolton-says-he-will-vote-for-joe-biden-for-president-over-trump/

Same way I am going to approach the upcoming election.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:39:59 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

This election is a choice between being shot in the leg or being shot in the arm.

And apparently this is the best we can do as a country. It bodes very badly for our future.

Offline mountaineer

Another eyewitness account:
Sarah Sanders says John Bolton was "drunk on power"

One former top West Wing official tells Axios that national security adviser John Bolton was unpopular even before the leaks from his tell-all, "The Room Where It Happened," which is out Tuesday.

Axios has a first look for you at a fiery passage from a book that's coming this fall from former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, "Speaking for Myself." She writes that, during President Trump's state visit to London last year, "Bolton was a classic case of a senior White House official drunk on power, who had forgotten that nobody elected him to anything." ...

"Often Bolton acted like he was the president, pushing an agenda contrary to President Trump's."

"When we finally arrived at the Winfield House, [chief of staff] Mick Mulvaney, typically laid-back and not one to get caught up in titles or seniority, confronted Bolton and unleashed a full Irish explosion on him."

"Let’s face it, John," Mulvaney said, according to Sanders. "You’re a f—— self-righteous, self-centered son of a b——!'"

"That epithet ... was the culmination of months of Bolton thinking he was more important and could play by a different set of rules than the rest of the team. ... Bolton backed down and stormed off." ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would advise taking anything said by someone who spent most of his career working for the United States Department of State with a very large grain of salt. Every damned one of those people are professional liars.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I would advise taking anything said by someone who spent most of his career working for the United States Department of State with a very large grain of salt. Every damned one of those people are professional liars.

Apparently so. There was much I did not know about the federal bureaucracy which has revealed itself over the past four years.

I was often confused by what I saw happening & what I heard said during the Reagan, Bush and even Clinton and Obama years. Its all making sense now.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:56:46 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Apparently so. There was much I did not know about the federal bureaucracy which has revealed itself over the past four years.

I was often confused by what I saw happening & what I heard said during the Reagan, Bush and even Clinton and Obama years. Its all making sense now.

@skeeter it is important to know that the Russian Revolution would have fallen on it's @SS without the active help of people at foggy bottom.  The Soviet Union would have fallen apart within a few years without the active support of people at foggy bottom and N.Y. Times. There would be no Communist China bar the undermining of General Chang by the members of the United States Diplomatic corp.   Cuba came to be ruled by Castro because people on the Caribean Desk at foggy bottom strongly supported it.  And that is far from the end of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

History will remember John Bolton as a spectacular liar. After his 15 minutes is up, good riddance to that warmonger.