Author Topic: Shootout In Minneapolis  (Read 574 times)

rangerrebew

Shootout In Minneapolis
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:30:39 pm »

Posted on June 21, 2020 by John Hinderaker 
Shootout In Minneapolis

Criminals apparently are getting a jump on the prospect of a cop-free Minneapolis. Last night, there was a “large gathering of people” on Hennepin Avenue just north of Lake Street. For reasons yet unknown, people within that crowd began shooting at one another. It sounds like a gang battle, but again, no details are yet known. Twelve people were shot, and at least one has died.

This took place in the heart of Uptown, an entertainment and shopping district, within a few blocks of some of the city’s most expensive neighborhoods, and within a block or two of the disorderly conduct a night or two earlier that we noted here.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/06/shootout-in-minneapolis.php

Offline EdinVA

Re: Shootout In Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 03:37:45 pm »
You get what you vote for...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »
Let them all die, I don't care anymore.

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 04:38:21 pm »
Lord of the Flies
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 06:14:08 pm »
The problem is that out of the power vacuum will come an entrenched organized crime.

And with not police opposition, they will strike out at the burbs.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 06:20:28 pm »
Its much harder to give a crap these days.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 06:33:06 pm »
The problem is that out of the power vacuum will come an entrenched organized crime.

And with not police opposition, they will strike out at the burbs.
And any support they had goes right out the window. Everyone is a liberal until they get mugged.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 06:36:28 pm »
And any support they had goes right out the window. Everyone is a liberal until they get mugged.

I would hope it plays out like that, but I'm not gonna assume.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 06:38:34 pm »
It's a good thing they took down that statue of Calvin Griffith. That ought to stop those shootings and killings immediately.  :whistle:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 06:47:12 pm »
Anarchy smells like blood drying on a sidewalk.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 07:30:49 pm »
Just before I came here to the Briefing Room this afternoon, I was re-reading Thomas Chittum's "Civil War II".
My reading today was in the chapters focusing on urban gangs.

An excerpt:
===============
"When civil authority breaks down in America, our criminal gangs will instantly fill the power vacuum, just exactly as has been the pattern in other lands. The gangs have the organization and firepower to serve as the nucleus for actual armies. And since they will be self-financed in the coming time of chaos, they will grow like wildfire. Militias, cults like the Nation of Islam, and other armed organizations will also rapidly grow into full-blown armies."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 10:26:14 pm »

Everybody not named Pat Brown.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 11:56:48 pm »
Not restricted to Minneapolis.

Watch this one in DC, another Democrat-controlled city.

And what does the mayor of DC say?  It is guns that cause the murders, not criminal behavior.

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser ‘shocked’ by Northeast shootout video; says it highlights gun access problem
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dc-mayor-muriel-bowser-shocked-by-northeast-shootout-video-says-it-highlights-gun-access-problem
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 12:39:31 am »
Post deleted by me. I had the shooting in The People's Republic of Seattle with the shooting in Florida.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:54:56 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 05:06:02 am »
Not restricted to Minneapolis.

Watch this one in DC, another Democrat-controlled city.

And what does the mayor of DC say?  It is guns that cause the murders, not criminal behavior.

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser ‘shocked’ by Northeast shootout video; says it highlights gun access problem
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dc-mayor-muriel-bowser-shocked-by-northeast-shootout-video-says-it-highlights-gun-access-problem
"...find the people so they can get the guns off the street"?  How about getting the people who were firing them off the street? >characterization removed to save the mods the trouble< (Besides, you know it was not complimentary of her intellect, among other things.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 03:14:00 pm »
Darwinism at this point. Maybe the leftists and nogs will kill themselves off. Here's to hoping.