Author Topic: “No, I’m Not an American; I’m Black”  (Read 667 times)

Offline aligncare

Just back from an afternoon on the boardwalk at Coney Island. The weather was spectacular, the crowds were light and I was in a good mood. Made more so because this afternoon I had avoided the disturbing news reports that had been upsetting me for many days.

So, I queued up for a couple of chili cheese dogs at Nathan’s and this is what confronted me and brought back the upset. I had never encountered this quote by Malcolm X before. Some words are difficult to make out:

“No I’m not an American. I’m one of 22 million black people who are the victims of Americanism. One of the 22 million black people who are the victims of democracy, nothing but disguised hypocrisy. So, I’m not standing here speaking to you as an American, or a patriot, or a flag saluter or flat waiver—no, not I. I am speaking as a victim of this American system. And I see America through the eyes of the victim(s). I don’t see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.”

Malcolm X
The ballad of the (unreadable)
April 3, 19(unreadable)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: “No, I’m Not an American; I’m Black”
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 10:36:09 pm »
"We should have picked our own damned cotton!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:40:13 pm »
This opens up a bunch of interesting questions. Non-Americans aren't eligible to vote, for one.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:46:26 pm »
Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

—Theodore Roosevelt, 1907
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 01:24:27 am »
Now we're getting to the heart of the OBLM.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 08:11:12 am »
Now we're getting to the heart of the OBLM.
@LilLamb posted this link on another thread. It's seminal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgEUbSzOTZ8&feature=youtu.be

About halfway through this co-founder of BLM says "We are trained Marxists."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:31:21 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 03:13:36 am »
People need to realize, when these rabble rousers go to demonstrate and riot, they often come in new or near new vehicles that many of us wish we could afford.  When they bawl about oppression unfair America, they don't want to talk about millionaire black baseball players, football players, basketball players, rock and rollers nor the great many millionaire black businessmen and professionals.  On reflection why do democrats encourage million of foreigners to come to this land democrats blame for intolerance, prejudice, and oppression. If you new of such a place of intolerance, would you encourage people you like to come there ?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:15:03 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 03:24:49 am »
People need to realize, when these rabble rousers go to demonstrate and riot, they often come in new or near new vehicles that many of us wish we could afford.  When they bawl about oppression unfair America, they don't want to talk about millionaire black baseball players, football players, basketball players, rock and rollers nor the great many millionaire black businessmen and professionals.  On reflection why do democrats encourage million of foreigners to come to this land democrats blame for intolerance, prejudice, and oppression. If you new of such a place of intolerance, would you encourage people you like to come there ?

Welcome!
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 04:00:49 am »
Maranatha!  and he is coming soon !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions