Author Topic: Barr says Trump fired Manhattan US Attorney Berman  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr says Trump fired Manhattan US Attorney Berman
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:42:25 pm »
By J. Edward Moreno - 06/20/20 03:47 PM EDT

President Trump has officially fired a U.S. attorney in Manhattan who led multiple investigations involving his associates, according to Attorney General William Barr.

The Justice Department announced late Friday that it would replace Geoffrey Berman, a powerful prosecutor for the Southern District of New York, though Berman announced shortly afterward that he had no intention of resigning. 

In a letter obtained by BuzzFeed News, Barr notified Berman that he asked Trump to officially fire him after his statement the night before in which he said he had not resigned and suggested he could not be removed until the Senate approved his replacement.

"Unfortunately, with your statement of last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service," Barr wrote. "Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so."

Trump told reporters Saturday that he was “not involved” in Berman’s dismissal.

“That’s [Barr’s] department, not my department,” Trump said. “That’s really up to him. I’m not involved.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/503731-Barr-says-Trump-fired-Manhattan-US-attorney-Berman
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Barr says Trump fired Manhattan US Attorney Berman
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:26:35 pm »

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:31:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 09:31:28 pm »

At Barr's request. 

(See letter in Reply #2)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:51:59 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 11:33:24 pm »
Lindsey Graham and Schumer quickly end up on same side against Trump/Barr move to replace US Attorney
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/20/lindsey-graham-and-schumer-quickly-end-up-on-same-side-against-trump-barr-move-to-replace-us-attorney-936931
Support the USO

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 11:47:27 pm »
 88devil

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 12:04:48 am »
Lindsey Graham and Schumer quickly end up on same side against Trump/Barr move to replace US Attorney
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/20/lindsey-graham-and-schumer-quickly-end-up-on-same-side-against-trump-barr-move-to-replace-us-attorney-936931

Well I may question this move also, but I will just say Lindsey is always liberal.  I posted a thread about him praising Biden and it disappeared.  I have no idea where it went.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.