Author Topic: Where’s President Trump? Americans ask who should stop rapid destruction of country’s historical mon  (Read 5464 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where’s President Trump? Americans ask who should stop rapid destruction of country’s historical monuments
June 20, 2020 | Jon Dougherty

Violence and property destruction are continuing around the country as Leftist mobs roam city streets and parks in search of historical memorials, monuments, and statues to topple and deface.

And the historical figures’ ties to the alleged political and ideological causes of the protesters don’t seem to matter much at this stage.

Case in point: One of two statues defaced and toppled in San Francisco Friday night by ‘demonstrators’-turned vandals was that of Union commanding Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, who fought to defeat the Confederacy and end slavery.

Other statues defaced and toppled in San Francisco Friday included Francis Scott Key, the man who penned the “Star-Spangled Banner,” our national anthem, and Junipero Serra, a Roman Catholic priest.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/20/americans-ask-who-should-stop-destruction-as-francis-scott-key-ulysses-s-grant-monuments-destroyed-936899
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Destroying national monuments is a crime. Destruction of personal property is a crime.  Stealing and vandalism is a crime.  The police should arrest and incarcerate -- except the liberals have paid for the thugs bail and there is a push to defund and disband our police force instead.  Gee ... what the heck is wrong with that picture?

The BLM and Antifa movement has grown and is mobilized. The opportunity to curtail that movement should have happened on the first night of rioting and certainly around the time Trump made threats that he would use force to tame the riots.

Nothing was done.  Unfortunately the opportunity to push this unrest back sailed awhile ago.  There is no turning back now.  They will continue to riot and make demands and nothing is going to appease them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I don't think holding up that Bible in front of the church is effective.  It might be time to do more.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

I don't think holding up that Bible in front of the church is effective.  It might be time to do more.

Holding up the Bible I thought was very symbolic and very appropriate.  The "thugs" not only destroyed a national monument but a church.  God help us! 

Ultimately the mayors and governors of the states should be the ones to be doing more.  It is unfortunate that the people elected such liberal turncoats without a spine.

Yes, Trump should move forward -- but the liberal pushback would still likely be a problem.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Destroying national monuments is a crime. Destruction of personal property is a crime.  Stealing and vandalism is a crime.  The police should arrest and incarcerate -- except the liberals have paid for the thugs bail and there is a push to defund and disband our police force instead.  Gee ... what the heck is wrong with that picture?

The BLM and Antifa movement has grown and is mobilized. The opportunity to curtail that movement should have happened on the first night of rioting and certainly around the time Trump made threats that he would use force to tame the riots.

I need some clarification, please.  Are you saying the President should have sent the military to guard our statues and private property?  @libertybele

Would this be for all statues, or would we draw the line at ... say .... Rocky Balboa?  Would private property be all or some retail property or all or some private property --- or both?

Would this deployment of troops be for the Capitol City, only  --- or for every municipality across the nation, including those in Hawaii and Alaska?

Do we expect the CIC to flip the bird at any Governor objecting to his orders?

Thanks for your help.

Offline libertybele

I need some clarification, please.  Are you saying the President should have sent the military to guard our statues and private property?  @libertybele

Would this be for all statues, or would we draw the line at ... say .... Rocky Balboa?  Would private property be all or some retail property or all or some private property --- or both?

Would this deployment of troops be for the Capitol City, only  --- or for every municipality across the nation, including those in Hawaii and Alaska?

Do we expect the CIC to flip the bird at any Governor objecting to his orders?

Thanks for your help.

I think I was pretty specific RIV -- (in spite of what you're trying to imply) -- if you go back and read my prior post; "Ultimately the mayors and governors of the states should be the ones to be doing more.  It is unfortunate that the people elected such liberal turncoats without a spine.....

Yes, Trump should move forward -- but the liberal pushback would still likely be a problem."

Not saying he should send the military in to guard statues.  No where did I say that.

I did say that vandalism is a crime -- but the thugs remain unpunished -- meanwhile our police force is being dismantled.

IF President Trump had no intention of using the military to resolve the continued rioting, he should have kept his mouth shut.  Sorry ... saying this and doing nothing makes him look weak ... and obviously the rioters are continuing to call his bluff.

Nope ... not going to give him a free pass on this one. 

Are the governors and mayors responsible?  You bet ya -- but Trump said if they weren't going to handle things he would ... still waiting .....

Offline dancer

Yes, Trump should move forward -- but the liberal pushback would still likely be a problem."

Are the governors and mayors responsible?  You bet ya -- but Trump said if they weren't going to handle things he would ... still waiting .....
Despite a few thinking Trump is no conservative, this clearly shows that PDJT is a Constitutionalist.  It's up to the states to ask for his help.  They have not done so. When they did, the enemies were routed out in short order. 

Had PDJT rushed in with the military, they would impeach him on Constitutional grounds.

Sometimes people need to see for themselves what voting Democrat does for them personally so they will change and support our great America instead of Democrat lunacy.  They need to wake the heck up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Depends on how "washed" your brain is. Revolution is nothing more than a violent form of politics used by those who can obtain power no other way. Since it seems to be the only way they can obtain total power in the time the current leadership has left to live,they and their brain-dead supporters are all for it

Maybe,and maybe the strategy was to let them run free until they gave us enough rope to hang them with it?

Nothing was done.  Unfortunately the opportunity to push this unrest back sailed awhile ago. 

I strongly disagree. The more Steve and Susie Sushi see the actions of the left in play,the more they will turn on them. The are getting an education now on stated thoughts versus reality,and it is very unlikely they are liking what they are seeing.

There is no turning back now.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

They will continue to riot and make demands and nothing is going to appease them.

WHY would anyone want to appease them? The goal should be to put them on trial,and hang the leadership.

The only game we should be playing now is "Whack the leadership".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:26:33 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Despite a few thinking Trump is no conservative, this clearly shows that PDJT is a Constitutionalist.  It's up to the states to ask for his help.  They have not done so. When they did, the enemies were routed out in short order. 

Had PDJT rushed in with the military, they would impeach him on Constitutional grounds.
[/b]

@dancer  You just identified the wet dream they had been lusting for.

For some odd reason the leftist fools just keep thinking Trump is a fool,and this is his first rodeo. I am GUESSING they thought they could drive him into seclusion in the WH like the typical RINO's they are used to dealing with,while letting them have their way.

Instead he eggs them on,and then sits back and waits for them to screw up in front of the tv cameras.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
IF President Trump had no intention of using the military to resolve the continued rioting, he should have kept his mouth shut.  Sorry ... saying this and doing nothing makes him look weak ... and obviously the rioters are continuing to call his bluff.

I think Trump is so used to thinking out loud and bouncing ideas off people at work that it’s hard for him to not do it. It’s not ideal for the President to do that when so many people are waiting to hang him on his words alone, but I think he is very careful about the actions he takes and in the end I appreciate that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 02:22:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Like what?

Isn't that what Governors are for?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Holding up the Bible I thought was very symbolic and very appropriate.  The "thugs" not only destroyed a national monument but a church.  God help us! 

Ultimately the mayors and governors of the states should be the ones to be doing more.  It is unfortunate that the people elected such liberal turncoats without a spine.

Yes, Trump should move forward -- but the liberal pushback would still likely be a problem.

President Trump doesn't give a fig about "liberal pushback".   He's proven that.

But you don't poke the mush brains 120 days before your reelection.  For that, I'll forgive him. 

And you should, too.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

[quote author=libertybele link=topic=405909.msg2234137#msg2234137 date=1592691015

I think Trump is so used to thinking out loud and bouncing ideas off people at work that it’s hard for him to not do it. It’s not ideal for the President to do that when so many people are waiting to hang him on his words alone, but I think he is very careful about the actions he takes and in the end I appreciate that.

Very astute commentary. President Trump stayed within the constitutional framework of the presidency for the entirety of his administration. Don’t like it? Want him to respond autocratically? Then amend the constitution to allow for a dictatorship.

Offline libertybele

I've read the comments after my post.  No, I'm not advocating a dictatorship; that accusation and assumption is ridiculous.  What I am advocating is that he does what he says.  He need to take actions to protect the citizens of this country.  He again has commented that if the governor asked for help he would be there and have the issue resolved in just a short period of time. He also commented that things would be handled differently in Tulsa.  They weren't and consequently it was reported that his supporters weren't able to freely get in to his rally.  So once again, the rioters have called his bluff, they've gotten their way and they have showed their strength, organization and the ability to mobilize to accomplish their objective with no interference.

Not pushing back because it's not something to do 120 days before election?  I couldn't disagree more.  The rioters aren't going to vote for him anyways.  He's showing weakness ... he's allowing the thugs to continue to destroy property and businesses, and dismantle and defund our police departments; giving the rioters even greater control and free reign to wreak havoc on the rest of society.

IMHO come election time, these thugs are going to be at voting precincts in every major city.  People aren't going to be able to get into vote, or afraid to vote, just like they couldn't get into the rally last night or stayed at home out of fear.

Who do you think is going to win the election then?? 

Mail-in voting leaves room for fraud as well.  So again, under the circumstances ... if people don't want to mail in their vote and the precincts are blocked so that they can't vote, who do you think will win the election?

He needed to stop this crap weeks ago.  It is getting worse, not better. 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Pretty soon, toppling statues ain't gonna be enough any longer.
They're gonna aim for "bigger" prizes.

Fishrrman almost-fearless prediction:
At some point, they may try a strike on Mt. Rushmore.
How well protected is it?

(actually, I think Rushmore is a "sitting duck"... but I'll say no more)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Like what?

Isn't that what Governors are for?   :shrug:

Insurrection Act
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think I was pretty specific RIV -- (in spite of what you're trying to imply) -- if you go back and read my prior post; "Ultimately the mayors and governors of the states should be the ones to be doing more.  It is unfortunate that the people elected such liberal turncoats without a spine.....

Not saying he should send the military in to guard statues.  No where did I say that.

I did say that vandalism is a crime -- but the thugs remain unpunished -- meanwhile our police force is being dismantled.

You keep saying the President should move forward @libertybele and you're not going to give him a free pass on this one.

Then you say "are the governors and mayors responsible?  You bet ya"

Can you see the contradiction?  Please tell me how you want and expect the President to "move forward" when the governors and mayors are responsible.

Thanks.

Offline Idiot

I suggest you read yours....

Offline libertybele

You keep saying the President should move forward @libertybele and you're not going to give him a free pass on this one.

Then you say "are the governors and mayors responsible?  You bet ya"

Can you see the contradiction?  Please tell me how you want and expect the President to "move forward" when the governors and mayors are responsible.

Thanks.

Yes, I see the contradiction.  My point of contention has been that the President announced several times that if the governors didn't take action he would ... and he hasn't.

Yes, ultimately the governors and mayors are responsible, but if they aren't willing to do their jobs and protect the citizens of their states, then the President needs to do so.

If nothing continues to be done, what do you think the outcome is going to be?   Obviously no one has a crystal ball, but IMHO allowing people to continue to break laws and not be held responsible will lead to all out anarchy.

As I mentioned earlier, I felt Trump calling those at his rally last night "warriors" was an interesting choice of name. 

If the "anarchists" aren't stopped this will continue up until election time.  Do you really think that people won't be blocked from voting just like they were last night from attending the rally?

Just curious as to your perspective.

Offline Absalom

Where's the Trumpster?????
Why auditioning for Apprentice II which starts Nov. 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online DCPatriot

Not pushing back because it's not something to do 120 days before election?  I couldn't disagree more.  The rioters aren't going to vote for him anyways.  He's showing weakness ... he's allowing the thugs to continue to destroy property and businesses, and dismantle and defund our police departments; giving the rioters even greater control and free reign to wreak havoc on the rest of society.

IMHO come election time, these thugs are going to be at voting precincts in every major city.  People aren't going to be able to get into vote, or afraid to vote, just like they couldn't get into the rally last night or stayed at home out of fear.

Who do you think is going to win the election then?? 

Mail-in voting leaves room for fraud as well.  So again, under the circumstances ... if people don't want to mail in their vote and the precincts are blocked so that they can't vote, who do you think will win the election?

He needed to stop this crap weeks ago.  It is getting worse, not better.

@libertybele

You misunderstood my post.   Of course they're not going to vote for him anyway.   But...as Admiral Yoshito said, paraphrased..."You don't want to wake a sleeping Giant".

Being at polling places to disrupt is one thing.  Being there to vote against Donald Trump is another.

Don't feed the lie that he's an out-of-control dictator wannabe.  Let the DEMOCRAT governors feel the negative light on their no-good asses.

Offline EdinVA

It appears that the elected representatives of CA, MN, Il still enjoy the support of their constituents and if Trump moves in now he will not only be against those representatives, he will he opposed by the citizens of those states.  He has to wait until/if they get fed up enough to turn on their elected keepers and demand action from their governors, mayors and then Trump can take action.

The worst representatives are always from other states....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I watched the entire speech, and outside a little rhetoric Saturday, I haven't heard or seen shit yet from Trump on this matter.
And all he could come up with  was a year in jail for burning a flag?   How about the monuments, and more proactive measures for their protection.

OTOH, if you wanted to hear 15  minutes of painstaking detail of why he didn't fall down at West Point?   Geeeeez!!!!!!  Trump was our last hope, and he just gave this lip service.  Very disappointed.

My wife has to periodically have to extract me from watching news on this.  Face reddening, and blood pressure spiking is her concern.  I am that angry!!!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:03:56 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You just won't let this go will you?  If you gave 1/10th  the anger to the statue toppling, we'd be shocked.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.