Author Topic: ‘I Don’t Kid’: Trump Contradicts Staff, Says He Wasn’t Joking About Asking To Slow Down Testing  (Read 568 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Anders Hagstrom
White House Correspondent
June 23, 2020 10:45 AM ET

President Donald Trump says he wasn’t kidding when he stated Saturday night that he had ordered a slowdown in coronavirus testing to prevent cases from rising, he told reporters Tuesday.

Trump made the initial comment at his Oklahoma rally Saturday night, arguing that the higher case numbers from increasing test rates was making the U.S. look bad. White House Trade and Manufacturing Adviser Peter Navarro earlier claimed Trump’s statement was “tongue-in-cheek.” Trump now says it was not.

“I don’t kid,” Trump said Tuesday before boarding Marine One on the White House lawn. “Let me just tell you, let me make it clear. We have got the greatest testing program anywhere in the world. We test better than anybody in the world. Our tests are the best in the world. And we have the most of them.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/23/trump-coronavirus-tests-slowdown-rally/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dr-fauci-says-coronavirus-task-force-was-never-asked-to-slow-down-testing/507-3a3b564d-fd4a-401a-a75c-27fc717754a2

Dr. Fauci says coronavirus task force was never asked to slow down testing

WASHINGTON — American infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci says neither he nor any members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force have been asked to slow down testing.

The question arose after U.S. President Donald Trump said at a weekend political rally in Oklahoma that he’d asked his aides to slow down testing because it was turning up too many positive cases.

Trump wasn't "kidding", he was trolling. And the usual suspects swallowed the hook, as usual.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dr-fauci-says-coronavirus-task-force-was-never-asked-to-slow-down-testing/507-3a3b564d-fd4a-401a-a75c-27fc717754a2

Trump wasn't "kidding", he was trolling. And the usual suspects swallowed the hook, as usual.

And this is the sort of chit only his fans love.  For the rest of us, it's irritating as hell.

Offline skeeter

They're eager to swallow the hook. As if they have nothing better to do.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And this is the sort of chit only his fans love.  For the rest of us, it's irritating as hell.

No matter what kind of mess he is making it was planned they say.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

It's more than just the usual suspects listening, though. 
      Maybe it's just me, but I doubt that anxious suburban housewives in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan want to hear quality, top notch trolling from their President during the midst of a pandemic.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline skeeter

No matter what kind of mess he is making it was planned they say.
Its not his fault the leftists, and you, have no sense of humor. Or are just flat dishonest and are well aware he was making a joke.

Offline Applewood

Its not his fault the leftists, and you, have no sense of humor. Or are just flat dishonest and are well aware he was making a joke.

Horse manure.    it's not a joke at all.  And I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't want to be entertained by the president.  I want him to do his job and lead.  This president screws around too much.  Doesn't do his job.  If I want entertainment, I'll dig out an old movie or tv show.  I don't want his reality tv presidency.

Offline Absalom

Horse manure.    it's not a joke at all.  And I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't want to be entertained by the president.  I want him to do his job and lead.  This president screws around too much.  Doesn't do his job.  If I want entertainment, I'll dig out an old movie or tv show.  I don't want his reality tv presidency.
------------------------------
Applewood, you're being far to kind.
As the days become weeks, first months, then years; it's way beyond obvious that
Trump is an unserious buffoon craving applause 24/7/365; his only motivator in life.
Likely his early tee-vee idols were Howdy Doody whose sidekick was Clarabell Clown,
in full costume and make-up.