Author Topic: Standoff: Manhattan US Attorney Geoffrey Berman won't resign after Barr announces ouster  (Read 284 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Standoff: Manhattan US Attorney Geoffrey Berman won't resign after Barr announces ouster
by Daniel Chaitin, Breaking News Editor & Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | June 19, 2020 09:39 PM
 | Updated Jun 20, 2020, 12:45 AM

The Justice Department announced Friday evening that Geoffrey Berman is leaving his position as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, which the federal prosecutor quickly denied.

Attorney General William Barr said Berman, who has overseen cases against allies of President Trump, is stepping down after two-and-a-half years of service.

"With tenacity and savvy, Geoff has done an excellent job leading one of our nation’s most significant U.S. Attorney’s Offices, achieving many successes on consequential civil and criminal matters. I appreciate his service to the Department of Justice and our nation, and I wish him well in the future," Barr said in a statement.

Within a couple of hours, Berman released a statement of his own denying he is going anywhere.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/standoff-manhattan-us-attorney-geoffrey-berman-wont-resign-after-barr-announces-ouster
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
He's fired by the president.
Gone.

Now... fire the rest of 'em !!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OK, fine.  Then sack him.  I have no problem with that, I want a gallows by the HR door.  It's time to scrape the shit off the shoes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: