Author Topic: GOP Iowa governor to restore voting rights to felons via executive order  (Read 522 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
GOP Iowa governor to restore voting rights to felons via executive order

Gov. Kim Reynolds plans action after Black Lives Matter demanded this week that she issue the order

Republican Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds announced Tuesday that she would soon issue an executive order restoring the voting rights of felons in the state, following a meeting with Black Lives Matter activists who demanded that she take such action.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-gop-iowa-governor-to-restore-voting-rights-to-felons-via-executive-order

Law and order!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I think that kind of GOP Governor needs to be replaced.  Law and order isn't letting criminals out as Trump and AG Bar have done.  It isn't giving them their rights to vote either.  Imagine the things that convicts may want to vote for.  Lenient judges.  Leniency on crime.

Maybe for pedophile laws to make it legal to have relationships with children?  Oh, I don't want to imagine.  Something liberals have been wanting.  To legalize all drugs.  To provide needle exchange...………………. To change all cities into liberal Seattle's.

Which States Allow Convicted Felons to Vote?
By: Mike Broemmel, J.D.

https://legalbeagle.com/6722260-ohio-penalty-misdemeanor-first-degree.html

The article says she wants to restore voting rights for every Iowan Felon. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:51:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Still waiting to see if it is possible for you to post a single thing without turning it into an anti-Trump rant.

Not that interested, more curious in a nothing-better-to-do kind of way.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Still waiting to see if it is possible for you to post a single thing without turning it into an anti-Trump rant.

Not that interested, more curious in a nothing-better-to-do kind of way.

I think it would be impossible to talk about the concessions to African Americans who have broken the law without acknowledging First Act.  The President has opened the Genie's bottle.  Opened the door to lawlessness.  These people are just looking to expand their newfound freedoms under Trump.

Exclusive: Violent criminals and sex offenders released early due to 'First Step Act' legislation

Speaking on "Tucker Carlson Tonight," Louisiana Republican John Sen. Kennedy, who was one of a handful of lawmakers to oppose the bill, said the numbers were predictable.

"Good intentions sometimes have nothing to do with actual consequences," Kennedy told Carlson. "We were told that this would only allow low-level, nonviolent criminals to go free. I didn't believe it, and I didn't believe it because I read the bill. And now we find out that in the first traunch of prisoners let free, 500 committed weapons or explosive crimes, 250 committed sex crimes, I think there were 60 or 70 that were guilty of homicide or aggravated assault. And those are not low-level, nonviolent criminals."

Kennedy went on to describe the leadup to the bill as a "complete lie." He said he had offered an amendment that would have required victims to be notified about inmates' release, but that it was vetoed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dozens-of-violent-criminals-have-been-released-under-first-step-act-data-shows

Sorry that Trump is so relevant to the conversation.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:00:44 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Our so-called governor of Alabama gave over a quarter million felons the right to vote a couple of years ago.

Thanks RINO Kay Ivey (and for the sweet gas tax you pushed on us too).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline skeeter

I think it would be impossible to talk about the concessions to African Americans who have broken the law without acknowledging First Act.  The President has opened the Genie's bottle.  Opened the door to lawlessness.  These people are just looking to expand their newfound freedoms under Trump.

Exclusive: Violent criminals and sex offenders released early due to 'First Step Act' legislation

Speaking on "Tucker Carlson Tonight," Louisiana Republican John Sen. Kennedy, who was one of a handful of lawmakers to oppose the bill, said the numbers were predictable.

"Good intentions sometimes have nothing to do with actual consequences," Kennedy told Carlson. "We were told that this would only allow low-level, nonviolent criminals to go free. I didn't believe it, and I didn't believe it because I read the bill. And now we find out that in the first traunch of prisoners let free, 500 committed weapons or explosive crimes, 250 committed sex crimes, I think there were 60 or 70 that were guilty of homicide or aggravated assault. And those are not low-level, nonviolent criminals."

Kennedy went on to describe the leadup to the bill as a "complete lie." He said he had offered an amendment that would have required victims to be notified about inmates' release, but that it was vetoed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dozens-of-violent-criminals-have-been-released-under-first-step-act-data-shows

Sorry that Trump is so relevant to the conversation.
Impossible only for you.

Congrats, your perfect record is intact.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think that kind of GOP Governor needs to be replaced.  Law and order isn't letting criminals out as Trump and AG Bar have done.  It isn't giving them their rights to vote either.  Imagine the things that convicts may want to vote for.  Lenient judges.  Leniency on crime.

Maybe for pedophile laws to make it legal to have relationships with children?  Oh, I don't want to imagine.  Something liberals have been wanting.  To legalize all drugs.  To provide needle exchange...………………. To change all cities into liberal Seattle's.

Which States Allow Convicted Felons to Vote?
By: Mike Broemmel, J.D.

https://legalbeagle.com/6722260-ohio-penalty-misdemeanor-first-degree.html

The article says she wants to restore voting rights for every Iowan Felon.

First off, opinions are like buttholes. Second, my solution to your opinions is my boot up your ass.

If they've done the crime, and the time, then they are out of the system and free to vote, not entangled via the law into permanent subserviency to the State. My governor has made the right decision.

As usual you come up with hyperbolic analogies to justify a position that is a result of your sense of moral superiority and not any actual critical thinking.

And of course Reynolds supports Trump, which in your world is the original sin.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

First off, opinions are like buttholes. Second, my solution to your opinions is my boot up your ass.

If they've done the crime, and the time, then they are out of the system and free to vote, not entangled via the law into permanent subserviency to the State. My governor has made the right decision.

As usual you come up with hyperbolic analogies to justify a position that is a result of your sense of moral superiority and not any actual critical thinking.

And of course Reynolds supports Trump, which in your world is the original sin.

:amen:  888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.