Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Celebrate Juneteenth by Enacting Commission to Study Reparations  (Read 364 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau 19 Jun 2020

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said Friday the United States should celebrate Juneteenth, the day commemorating the end of slavery in the U.S., by enacting Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s (D-TX) legislation forming a commission to study proposals for issuing reparations.

“Happy #Juneteenth!” the New York lawmaker said on social media. “To celebrate, let’s pass legislation that makes Juneteenth a national holiday and enact H.R. 40, Rep @JacksonLeeTX18’s Commission on Reparations”:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/19/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-celebrate-juneteenth-by-enacting-commission-to-study-reparations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

My ancestors who were living in Russia during the 19th Century - half of my ancestors - say "No!"

The other half of my ancestors, who lived in northern states - at least one of whom fought for the Union - say "No!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

if she wants to pay for them, fine.  But don't look at me.  My mother was born in Italy in 1920.  Dad was born here in 1918 of Austrian parents who came here in the early 1900s.  Neither family owned slaves and I'll bet if I could trace their ancestors back far enough, I might find they were serfs -- another form of slavery.  So no, I'm not paying for what happened in this country when my ancestors weren't even here.

KMA

Online libertybele

if she wants to pay for them, fine.  But don't look at me.  My mother was born in Italy in 1920.  Dad was born here in 1918 of Austrian parents who came here in the early 1900s.  Neither family owned slaves and I'll bet if I could trace their ancestors back far enough, I might find they were serfs -- another form of slavery.  So no, I'm not paying for what happened in this country when my ancestors weren't even here.

KMA

Same here.  My grandparents on my mother's side came here (legally) from Czechoslovakia -- so I am second generation here on that side and my great grandparents on my father's side came here (legally) from Yugoslavia -- so I am third generation here on that side of the family.

Who knows,  at the rate things are going those of us who consider ourselves Caucasian may have to pay reparations in some way; perhaps a separate tax which will go towards reparations to those who are of Black ethnicity.  Remember - the census just came out -- how convenient.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.