Author Topic: Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy advises whites to express their ‘shame’ over racism by shining a black per  (Read 1103 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy advises whites to express their ‘shame’ over racism by shining a black person’s shoes
June 19, 2020 | Tom Tillison

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy clearly did not get the memo about capitulating to the insatiable rage mob on the left. Either that or Cathy has cooked up a serious case of white guilt.

Attending a church service at Atlanta’s Passion City Church on Sunday, Cathy took part in “an open and honest conversation” on racism.

His solution to help white people express their “shame” over racism was to suggest that they shine the shoes of black people.

Words that he put into action when he walked across the stage, knelt down and began shining the shoes of black Christian rapper Lecrae.

“We need to find somebody that needs to have their shoes shined. We need to just go right on over and shine their shoes, whether they got tennis shoes on or not, maybe they got sandals on, it really doesn’t matter,” he said, as he bowed down and cleaned the rapper’s sneakers.

more w/video
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/19/chick-fil-a-ceo-dan-cathy-advises-whites-to-express-their-shame-over-racism-by-shining-a-black-persons-shoes-936304
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Well, there goes my admiration for Chik-Fil-A.

As a Christian, I am all for the humility of washing a sinners feet. I am no better.

But to bow before charges of racism, which is fundamentally and provably not true is another thing all together. Oh HELL no.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

As a Christian, I am all for the humility of washing a sinners feet. I am no better.

But to bow before charges of racism, which is fundamentally and provably not true is another thing all together. Oh HELL no.

This isn't the religious guy usually associated with Chick-Fil-A (and being antigay etc.), think this is his son or something.

Online roamer_1

This isn't the religious guy usually associated with Chick-Fil-A (and being antigay etc.), think this is his son or something.

I don't see a corporate retraction or spin. They are standing on it.

• Technical
There was a black trump supporter on twitter saying he was going to walk into a chick fil-a and demand the employees shine his shoes.... ( as a joke).

Offline skeeter

Online libertybele

Well ... I'm not exactly crazy about the taste of their chicken sandwiches and I occasionally ordered from there because of the Christian stance that they took. Their customer services is very good around here, but I'll be damned to claim shame for being a racist ... sorry ... I was raised not to see color ... but I'm starting to look through a different set of glasses since all this bull crap started.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:25:21 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Technical
Honestly the Christians seemed to be first ones, and the worst, to capitulate when all this garbage started.

Offline Idiot

I agree....   I have no problem washing another sinners feet as well, BUT to do it because of color......ughhhhhhhhh.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
S. Truett Cathy died in 2014 @93 years so maybe his philosophy and beliefs but certainly his son the current CEO is the one who was expressing it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
He sounds like a good Christian man,  focused on the good virtues of repentence, humility and reconciliation.
I know folks on a political discussion board don't have much use for such things.   What politicos want to do is stick a shiv in the other side, and pray the wound won't heal.

But for some of us politics is a means to an end,  the ordered and peaceable community.   And for such folks, the words of Don Cathay resonate.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 06:02:57 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Technical
He sounds like a good Christian man,  focused on the good virtues of repentence, humility and reconciliation.

How many black man's shoes have you shined today, Jazz?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I noticed (5 minute YouTube search) that Lecrae (the rapper getting his shoes shined) does as song called "Blessings ft. Ty Dolla $ign".... 10 million + views on Youtube (adding up top two videos).

Perhaps you can link me a "Ty Dolla $ign" song (not a collaboration) that isn't so vulgar I am afraid to link it.

Dolla $ign's latest big hit video (Hottest in the City) is set in a strip club and leads off with the lyrics "Beat that bleep like I am Joe Jackson".  The lyrics only get worse.

EDIT: The "bleep" above refers to a female part that should only be known to her husband. /end edit

A Christian artist that allows anyone in their sphere of special guest singers doesn't really have their heart in Christian music. IMHO....

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 07:08:14 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
How many black man's shoes have you shined today, Jazz?

Well, I'm wearing black shoes wink777
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online roamer_1

Well ... I'm not exactly crazy about the taste of their chicken sandwiches and I occasionally ordered from there because of the Christian stance that they took. Their customer services is very good around here, but I'll be damned to claim shame for being a racist ... sorry ... I was raised not to see color ... but I'm starting to look through a different set of glasses since all this bull crap started.

Yep. I like their spicy chicken sammich, and they got good sweet tea... And yes, very good service.
But I'll be damned right along side you... If this stands, I don't care about em anymore.

Online roamer_1

I know folks on a political discussion board don't have much use for such things.   

I am all for all of that... It's just gotta not be bullsh*t first. And this whole thing is bullsh*t.

Online libertybele

Yep. I like their spicy chicken sammich, and they got good sweet tea... And yes, very good service.
But I'll be damned right along side you... If this stands, I don't care about em anymore.

888high58888  Nope.  I'll go spend my $ somewhere else.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Why don't the rich liberals give away their assets, and leave the rest of us alone?  Bottom line ... some people have way too much time on their hands.

Offline mountaineer

I'm fundamentally - as a rational person - disinclined to apologize to people against whom I've committed no sin.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've never been to a Chick-Fil-A (I don't eat out very often, almost never).
But this would make me less inclined to visit one...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've never been to a Chick-Fil-A (I don't eat out very often, almost never).
But this would make me less inclined to visit one...

The MSG they put in their breading might kill you anyhoo. 

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/menu-items/chick-fil-a-chicken-sandwich

Scroll down and click "Ingredients."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: