Author Topic: 10 Times Barack Obama Acknowledged That DACA Was Unconstitutional  (Read 239 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 Times Barack Obama Acknowledged That DACA Was Unconstitutional
By Matt Margolis Jun 18, 2020 1:44 PM EST

On Thursday afternoon, Obama praised the Supreme Court’s ruling that Trump’s ending of DACA was illegal. “Eight years ago this week, we protected young people who were raised as part of our American family from deportation,” Obama tweeted. “Today, I’m happy for them, their families, and all of us.”

I can still remember when Barack Obama was campaigning in 2008, claiming to be the cure to unconstitutional abuses of power he claimed were systemic in the Bush administration. “I take the Constitution very seriously,” he claimed. “The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all.”

“And that is what I intend to reverse when I become president of the United States,” Obama promised.

I could spend all day talking about how Obama abused his power and violated the Constitution, but in light of the Supreme Court’s decision to stop President Trump’s attempts to end DACA, I think it’s necessary to examine how Barack Obama, who fancied himself to be an authority on the Constitution, acknowledged that he did not have the power to unilaterally alter immigration law—which is exactly what he did when he created DACA via executive action.

The quotes below come from Obama himself acknowledging that his eventual executive order that created the DACA program would be an abuse of power, exceeding the authority granted to him by the United States Constitution.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/06/18/10-times-barack-obama-acknowledged-that-daca-was-unconstitutional-n547099
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34