Author Topic: USA Today Fact Check: Scarf Worn by Pelosi, Schumer Linked to ‘Empire Involved in West African Slave  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Kyle Olson 17 Jun 2020

A “fact check” by USA Today found scarves worn by several congressional Democrats last week, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Check Schumer, are linked to an empire that sold and traded enslaved Africans.

The group knelt in the Capitol Visitors Center for a photo op for eight minutes and 46 seconds, the duration a Minneapolis police officer held his knee on the neck of George Floyd.

At the conclusion of the spectacle, Pelosi required assistance — from a black woman — to stand up.

Pelosi was wearing a Kente cloth. Dave Brandon said of its history:

So check this out, Kente cloth was worn by the Ashanti. It’s made of silk so the affluent wore it. The Ashanti were also known as slave owners and traders. Huh? The Ashanti’s long-time ally, the Akwamu, were among the first ones to profit from the slave trade with the Europeans.

Their captives were almost always prisoners of war, but they were not above to selling Akwamu men who offended the chief. They also kidnapped able-bodied men from other tribes and sold them in the coastal slave markets.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/17/usa-today-fact-check-scarf-worn-by-pelosi-schumer-linked-to-empire-involved-in-west-african-slave-trade/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well then, it is appropriate. Their tribe (Democrats) have been keeping blacks on the plantation for the last 65 years...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well then, it is appropriate. Their tribe (Democrats) have been keeping blacks on the plantation for the last 65 years...

Amen.  That is true.  And Barack Obama had nothing but praise for KKK Robert Byrd.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Amen.  That is true.  And Barack Obama had nothing but praise for KKK Robert Byrd.
Accepted narrative conveniently ignores black slaveowners back in the day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis