Author Topic: Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand  (Read 8841 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Aunt Jemima to remove image from packaging and rename brand
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2020, 09:40:46 pm »
Right... Around here, the Salish are the Bitterroot Salish, Kootenai, and Upper Pend 'Orielle... But the greater Salish Nation historically was a much greater confederation that covered most of western MT, upper Idaho, eastern Washington, and stretches far into Alberta and British Columbia, and contained many other tribes...

Interesting thing about the Iroquois... The Salish had a prophet back in the day named Shining Shirt who had a dream that was later confirmed in talking to the Iroquios about the coming of the whites and particularly the Jesuits.

Now, I don't know how that all stretches out. But the Iroquois were talking to the Salish, way out here in the Rockies. Some day I will take the time to track that down.
Traveling salesmen....Trade routes were far more developed than people seem to think, even though the evidence is out there. If Mica, Abalone, copper all ended up in Illinois (Cahokia) the scope of cultural and material exchange is far greater than many have been willing to give credit.
It is also one reason why a single case of smallpox could lead to an epidemic that could travel a continent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2020, 09:41:55 pm »
Like Sioux, or Iroquois, there were many distinct tribes, and those formed by distinct bands....

(Interesting no one ever mentions the Iroquois Confederation and The Great Law of Peace in the origins of our own government, even though that Federation lasted for some 200 years.)

By the way, Smoke... We should sit on the porch some day and go around about the Iroquois and their very probable Caucasian roots, likely Celtic for the similarity of the Great Law of Peace with the ancient Celtic Common Law...

Jussayin  :beer:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2020, 09:42:45 pm »
By the way, Smoke... We should sit on the porch some day and go around about the Iroquois and their very probable Caucasian roots, likely Celtic for the similarity of the Great Law of Peace with the ancient Celtic Common Law...

Now, that would be fun.  :beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2020, 09:54:34 pm »
Traveling salesmen....Trade routes were far more developed than people seem to think, even though the evidence is out there. If Mica, Abalone, copper all ended up in Illinois (Cahokia) the scope of cultural and material exchange is far greater than many have been willing to give credit.
It is also one reason why a single case of smallpox could lead to an epidemic that could travel a continent.

Something like that... I know the Gros Ventre (Ft Bellknap rez) were Algonquin way, way back, coming this way and splitting into the Arapaho and Gros Ventre along the way... Basically saying that being Algonquin in descent  puts em rubbing shoulders with the Iroquois back in the day... and as Gros Ventre, tight with the Cheyenne,  puts them between the Platte and the Saskatchewan, pretty much across the hump from the Salish...

Stranger things...  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2020, 10:47:48 pm »
Branding probably meant more a few decades back in time.

But it still does, in many product lines.

Apple. They get premium prices.

Maybe in plenty of other products, too.

We will see.

People can remember good, and bad. How will Seattle rourism fare?

Visit the burned out zone. See the graffitti.

Stand where Antifa stood.

Stand where Washington's statue once stood.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2020, 11:35:17 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Seems like Celtic or Viking influence was here before Columbus.

Perhaps the Phoenicians earlier. But I think there was a worldwide civilization, pre flood.

Cortez was greeted treated as a god.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2020, 12:05:16 am »

But altering that brand is just crazy. They are top names in their field BECAUSE of those brands. How will people find them afterward?

@roamer_1

You will not be looking for them in the near future,because you will be standing in line for your rations,just like everyone else,and you WILL take what they give you or starve.

You didn't REALLY think the left only wanted a political monopoly,did you?

You WILL eat the goobermint food in the plain brown wrapper,and you WILL like it!

Of course,just like Moscow back in the "Good Old Days" of the GUM Department store where only party officials and their families could shop,there will be special stores where the elite can still shop and buy quality foods and other items.

Ain't all this "all the equality we think you need" stuff fun?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2020, 12:08:43 am »

Like Sioux, or Iroquois, there were many distinct tribes,

[/quote]

@Smokin Joe

And just like back then,almost none of the "new" tribes will like or trust each other,and will do their damnedest to raid each other to capture females to keep the blood in their tribe from "going stale".

You might say it was the Indian "Summer Games".

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2020, 12:12:16 am »
Something like that... I know the Gros Ventre (Ft Bellknap rez) were Algonquin way, way back, coming this way and splitting into the Arapaho and Gros Ventre along the way... Basically saying that being Algonquin in descent  puts em rubbing shoulders with the Iroquois back in the day... and as Gros Ventre, tight with the Cheyenne,  puts them between the Platte and the Saskatchewan, pretty much across the hump from the Salish...

Stranger things...  :shrug: :whistle:

@roamer_1

Not to mention the blood from the young females and children stolen from one another during their annual "Spring Olympics". Once they captured a female or a child from another tribe,that female or child was considered to be one of them,and nobody paid much attention to what was before.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2020, 12:12:46 am »

Perhaps the Phoenicians earlier. But I think there was a worldwide civilization, pre flood.

Yes, something was certainly lost. I think the Dark Ages were more the reset... I think prior to then, the whole world was known...  Sumer is post-deluvian,  and sumerian artifacts are found in mexico and chile. Hebrew and celtic writing are found throughout North America.

I think history had been purposefully altered to lean toward where science says it should go.
Sweeping the abnormalities under the rug... That's where I like it... Under that rug.  Out of Place Artifacts tell the true tale.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2020, 12:16:16 am »
@roamer_1

Not to mention the blood from the young females and children stolen from one another during their annual "Spring Olympics". Once they captured a female or a child from another tribe,that female or child was considered to be one of them,and nobody paid much attention to what was before.

Yes, but no, @sneakypete ... There was business... Alliances, trade, law.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2020, 01:34:21 am »
@Smokin Joe

I think it is easy to underestimate the amount of interaction of people on a global scale when Darwinism blinds you to the idea that any others might have done things before you that only you, according to that theory of evolution, as the highest developed beings on the planet, could have just recently done.
The amazing part is that the meetings of the past were preserved in the culture at all, even enough to make such an error. 
If you abandon the teachings of the past, a story told in relics and stones, in earthworks, and artifacts, you are free to ignore it, and even ascribe the accomplishments of those who died out so long ago you can't read their language to space aliens and the like.
Archaeology has been ever hobbled by Darwin, by the circular reasoning which says previous civilizations couldn't have done that because they were old and primitive. That and other dogmas have been sufficient to destroy the most valuable of those civilizations' writings, from the library at Alexandria to the Mayan Codices.
If we read A Canticle for Leibowitz or simply ponder what would remain of our culture in 5,000 or 10,000 years of erosion and geological wastage, maybe we begin to be humbled by the thought that those who came before us may have been far more capable than we imagined.

Trade, no matter the means of travel, motivated by profit and knowing what and even who was over the next hill, is as ever present in the intrepid human nature as the desires of some to have and stay at their secure homes.  But despite the risks, he who returns with exotic goods and tales to tell returns to the rewards of a conquering hero, or the threat of torture and destruction for the heresy of relating that which he has seen by those who have not.

So has it always been.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2020, 01:35:36 am »

@Smokin Joe

And just like back then,almost none of the "new" tribes will like or trust each other,and will do their damnedest to raid each other to capture females to keep the blood in their tribe from "going stale".

You might say it was the Indian "Summer Games".
Yep. That and 'tipi creeping'.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2020, 01:37:10 am »
@roamer_1

Captives had to prove their worth to become part of the tribe. Fail in that and the outcome would be slavery or death.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2020, 03:00:21 am »
Yes, but no, @sneakypete ... There was business... Alliances, trade, law.

@roamer_1

Depends on the tribe and the time. Tribes like the Cherokee were pretty open to trade,the Apache and Comanche,not so much.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2020, 03:02:20 am »
Captives had to prove their worth to become part of the tribe. Fail in that and the outcome would be slavery or death.

@Smokin Joe

I'm sure that was a real struggle for the young maidens hot enough to capture and bring back home.

And,of course,her children were full tribal members at birth.