Author Topic: Loeffler introduces bill to withhold federal highway dollars from jurisdictions that reduce police f  (Read 350 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/loeffler-introduces-bill-to-withhold-federal-highway-dollars-from-jurisdictions-that-reduce-police-funding

Loeffler introduces bill to withhold federal highway dollars from jurisdictions that reduce police funding

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., is introducing a bill Monday that would withhold federal highway funding from states and local governments that reduce funding to law enforcement without a clear budgetary need amid the "defund the police" push from some Democrats, Fox News is told.

“We’re seeing the radical idea of defunding the police play out in real-time in places like Minneapolis, Minnesota and Seattle, Washington, and it is frightening,” Loeffler said in a statement.

The “Protecting Public Safety and Supporting Law Enforcement” Act would require the U.S. Secretary of Transportation to withhold five percent of certain highway safety funds from any state that elects to reduce funding to law enforcement. It also stipulates that if a local government elects to otherwise reduce funding to law enforcement, states will withhold these funds from the locality.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Makes sense. They don't need highway funds where truckers won't drive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Makes sense. They don't need highway funds where truckers won't drive.

No, I am against it. Big Fed imposing itself...

I say let em. That is a problem that will soon fix itself, and the pain of it may well be a necessary lesson.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
No, I am against it. Big Fed imposing itself...

I say let em. That is a problem that will soon fix itself, and the pain of it may well be a necessary lesson.

Agree with @roamer_1.  Local police funding is a local issue, FedGov has no business trying to influence it so long as Constitutional rights of the local citizens are not violated.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nice gesture but goin' nowhere...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agree with @roamer_1.  Local police funding is a local issue, FedGov has no business trying to influence it so long as Constitutional rights of the local citizens are not violated.

But they are related.  It makes no sense to beef up roads truckers won't drive upon. yogi555
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: