Author Topic: Sen. Kennedy says all military installations should be renamed after Medal of Honor winners  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Kennedy says all military installations should be renamed after Medal of Honor winners
by Kerry Picket, Senior Campaign Reporter
 | June 16, 2020 04:25 PM

Sen. John Kennedy says that rather than targeting military bases named after Confederate figures, the sites should instead bear the names of Medal of Honor winners.

The Louisiana Republican Tuesday proposed a substitute amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that would rename all military installations after Medal of Honor winners.

It would replace the amendment offered by Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren, adopted in committee last week, which would establish a protocol to rename military installations named after Confederate generals such as Fort Bragg in North Carolina, Fort Hood in Texas, and Camp Beauregard in Louisiana. There are currently 10 military bases named for Confederate officers.

“I'm opposed to the amendment in its current form. I'm going to offer a substitute amendment to rename every single, solitary military installation in this country after a Medal of Honor winner," Kennedy told reporters Tuesday. "I do not think that the attitudes that we've been discussing about — racial discrimination and anti-Semitism, misogyny — are limited only to the South.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sen-kennedy-says-all-military-installations-should-be-renamed-after-medal-of-honor-winners
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They're not *winners* they are recipients.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline kevindavis007

I rather have those names rather than Hood or Bragg.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline skeeter

Agree. 'Winners' makes it seem like Ed McMahon showed up at their front door and surprised them with it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Nevertheless I like the idea. How about Post-humous Medal of Honor recipients!

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nevertheless I like the idea. How about Post-humous Medal of Honor recipients!

I like the idea too!...Camp Murphy....Audie Murphy..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:47:03 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I agree completely with the senator and Truthseeker,

How about Post-humous Medal of Honor recipients!  618 post-humously awarded of the total 3,465.  There are two individuals that received two Medals of Honor.