Author Topic: McConnell 'OK' with stripping Confederate names from military bases  (Read 345 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell 'OK' with stripping Confederate names from military bases
by Susan Ferrechio, Chief Congressional Correspondent |
 | June 16, 2020 03:30 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell does not oppose renaming U.S. military bases to erase associations with Confederate officers, he told reporters Tuesday.

McConnell, a Kentucky Republican and descendant of a Confederate soldier, declined to comment on President Trump’s threat to veto an upcoming Defense Department spending authorization bill if it includes a provision to rename several bases named after Confederate officers.

“If it’s appropriate to take another look at these names, I’m personally OK with that,” McConnell told reporters after a closed-door luncheon with fellow Republicans.

McConnell said he is opposed to removing Confederate statues from the Capitol, however. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has called on the committee overseeing the National Statuary Hall to remove 11 Confederate figures and may call up a House bill that would also require their removal.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/mcconnell-ok-with-stripping-confederate-names-from-military-bases
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: McConnell 'OK' with stripping Confederate names from military bases
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 08:17:37 pm »
How surprising, *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:34:33 pm »

Yeah, I bet his ancestor is proud of him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 03:16:06 am »
Yeah, I bet his ancestor is proud of him.
OR 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 03:28:16 am »

Not at all.    *mad*   *mad*
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 03:29:15 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.