Author Topic: SDG&E Worker Fired Over Alleged Racist Gesture Says He Was Cracking Knuckles  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Applewood

This fellow should see a lawyer.  He might have a case.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Cafferty is Mexican American and says he comes from a diverse family of all races. He says he's proud of SDG&E for taking any allegations of racism seriously, but he wants his job back.

Remember that even with other minorities, Only Black Lives Matter.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

The claim that the "OK" sign is a "white Power" sign is dumb. But ignoring that, if you look at the picture in the OP article, you'll see that the guy's thumb is on his ring or middle finger, not his index finger as in the "OK" sign.

This guy need to sue SDG&E and the person(s) who fired him, personally.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

The claim that the "OK" sign is a "white Power" sign is dumb. But ignoring that, if you look at the picture in the OP article, you'll see that the guy's thumb is on his ring or middle finger, not his index finger as in the "OK" sign.

This guy need to sue SDG&E and the person(s) who fired him, personally.

My understanding is the formerly 'ok' white power sign, Pepe the Frog, and Boogaloo movement are all made up trolls targeting the mainstream media. There is no organization, movement, loosely formed group behind any of them. Only
people trolling the racially hypersensitive media.

To say they swallowed the ruse is a pathetic understatement.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:44:43 pm by skeeter »

rangerrebew

Man Fired From ‘Dream Job’ Over ‘White Supremacist’ Gesture; He’s Mexican-American, Says He Was Just Cracking His Knuckles
By  James Barrett
•
Jun 19th, 2020   DailyWire.com

Amid heightened racial tensions across the country, a Mexican-American former employee of San Diego Gas and Electric says he was fired after a stranger accused him on Twitter of making a “white supremacist” hand gesture. The employee, Emmanuel Cafferty, who describes himself as coming from a racially diverse family, expressed dismay at the sequence of events leading to his termination and bafflement over the accusation, explaining that he was simply cracking his knuckles while sitting in his company vehicle and was not even aware that the racially charged symbol existed.

According to NBC 7 San Diego, which first reported on the termination of Cafferty on Monday, the incident all started roughly two weeks earlier at a Black Lives Matter rally held in Poway, a city about 20 miles northeast of San Diego.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/man-fired-from-dream-job-over-white-supremacist-gesture-hes-mexican-american-says-he-was-just-cracking-his-knuckles?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=062020-news&utm_campaign=position6

Offline skeeter

Ludicrous. The fact the media is desperately focusing on phantom 'white supremacist' signs and groups is proof enough that white supremacy as an active movement is virtually non-existent.

There are racial supremacy movements which may include white people but they ain't about whites and they're all on the left.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 02:07:34 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even ADL says the gesture is a hoax, from 4chan, according to a link in the article.  **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

The worrisome part to me is that all someone has to do is post an accusation to bookface or send an email to the media and you are guilty.... Trial by media is alive and well.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My understanding is the formerly 'ok' white power sign, Pepe the Frog, and Boogaloo movement are all made up trolls targeting the mainstream media. There is no organization, movement, loosely formed group behind any of them. Only
people trolling the racially hypersensitive media.

To say they swallowed the ruse is a pathetic understatement.
If it was a 'White Power' sign than why did so many professional basketball players of color use it so profusely? The OK sign means just that and always has until the racists on left decided they needed another Bogeyman. As a child I used to watch 'Sea Hunt' with Lloyd Bridges, I never knew what a racist Bastard Mike nelson was when he used the OK sign in so many episodes!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:47:20 pm by GtHawk »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hopefully he has no Triangles, Red or black.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I guess knuckles complained?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He needs to sue for about a Zillion dollars and offer to settle out of court for a Billion.

Providing of course the court can show evidence of someone black getting arrested, prosecuted,convicted,and sentenced to jail time for waving a Black Power sign.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ludicrous. The fact the media is desperately focusing on phantom 'white supremacist' signs and groups is proof enough that white supremacy as an active movement is virtually non-existent.

@skeeter

Doesn't matter. They still have to scream in (fake) outrage about it in order to justify promoting "Black Supremacist-ism.

Offline PeteS in CA

There are racial supremacy movements which may include white people but they ain't about whites and they're all on the left.

The Dem and MSM demand for "White Supremacist" groups far exceeds the supply. So they jump to stupid conclusions and make up shit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm actually surprised this stuck. From what I can see, the utility is unionized.

Can't see them letting that fly.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm actually surprised this stuck. From what I can see, the utility is unionized.

Can't see them letting that fly.

@Free Vulcan  wink777

No union is going to take on the left.