Author Topic: House Democrat introduces bill to prevent Trump campaign from requiring COVID-19 liability waivers a  (Read 426 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrat introduces bill to prevent Trump campaign from requiring COVID-19 liability waivers at rallies
By Cristina Marcos - 06/16/20 12:17 PM EDT

A new bill introduced on Tuesday by Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) would prevent President Trump's reelection campaign from issuing liability waivers, protecting it from lawsuits should supporters attend a rally and contract the coronavirus.

Pocan, a co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, named the legislation the Refusal to Accept Losses or Liability In Every Situation Act (RALLIES) Act.

The bill would ban enforcement of liability waivers for indoor gatherings of 1,000 people or more in localities where the number of COVID-19 cases has been increasing in the preceding 14 days.

Trump's campaign is set to hold a rally in Tulsa, Okla., on Saturday, which will be the first since the coronavirus pandemic began.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/502947-house-democrat-introduces-bill-to-prevent-trump-campaign-from-requiring-covid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

More childish bullsh*t. Something the house rats exceed at producing. In fact that’s all they produce anymore.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder, would they even have the right to prohibit it? What law are they citing? I can't wait for some 'protester to sue BLM, now that they are filthy rich, if they contract Covid.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I just want to know what the waiver is supposed to do?  Either you think its safe or you don't.  If Trump is that worried he shouldn't have them.  Because those people may sign the waiver but the people who get it from them don't get a choice.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I just want to know what the waiver is supposed to do? 

It's an effort to lessen legal liability.  Two different doctors of mine require the same waiver before the doc will see you in person.

Both offices also take your temperature and require a facemask as part of the entrance screening. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder, would they even have the right to prohibit it?

They do not.  This is just another way to keep their jackass base inflamed and the name "democrat" in the news during the House's on-going self-imposed spring quarantine.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I just want to know what the waiver is supposed to do? Either you think its safe or you don't.  If Trump is that worried he shouldn't have them.  Because those people may sign the waiver but the people who get it from them don't get a choice.

You obviously don't even understand the subject. The bill was introduced by the democrat, and has nothing to do with what "Trump is that worried."

Get some training wheels on that trike.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You obviously don't even understand the subject. The bill was introduced by the democrat, and has nothing to do with what "Trump is that worried."

Get some training wheels on that trike.

I understand Trump doesn't want to be held liable if anyone gets COVID.  Unfortunately if someone gets it they will give it to others. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.