Author Topic: A dollar crash is virtually inevitable, Asia expert Stephen Roach warns  (Read 499 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/15/dollar-crash-is-almost-inevitable-asia-expert-stephen-roach-warns.html

<exerpt>
The stronger dollar era may be on borrowed time.

Stephen Roach, one of the world’s leading authorities on Asia, is worried a changing global landscape paired with a massive U.S. budget deficit will spark a dollar crash.

“The U.S. economy has been afflicted with some significant macro imbalances for a long time, namely a very low domestic savings rate and a chronic current account deficit,” the former Morgan Stanley Asia chairman told CNBC’s “Trading Nation” on Monday. “The dollar is going to fall very, very sharply.”

His forecast calls for a 35% drop against other major currencies.

“These problems are going from bad to worse as we blow out the fiscal deficit in the years ahead,” said Roach, a Yale University senior fellow.

The U.S. Dollar Currency Index is up more than one percent over the past two weeks and is relatively flat so far this year. But Roach believes it’s no time to get complacent.

“The national savings rate is probably going to go deeper into negative territory than it has ever done for the United States or any leading economy in economic history,” he said.

==================================================================================

You know, we can argure the merits of this op-ed, but this and many other impeding "bad things" are possible after POTUS and legislators decided to turn on the Porkulus tsunami fountain of Fedzilla.  Some here even poo poo'ed the implications of taking our fed deficit up to $29T.  Folks, I can guarantee there will be ramifications for bad economic behavior.  There always is eventually.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:25:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is supposed to be news?

I rarely even have a dollar,yet I know it is going to take a dive as surely as the sun is going to rise in the east.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
This is supposed to be news?

I rarely even have a dollar,yet I know it is going to take a dive as surely as the sun is going to rise in the east.

@sneakypete

It will be more noticable than you realize.  Since our currency will be sinking, all that chinese crap will be costing more and more and more.
And that's just the first set of problems.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

It will be more noticable than you realize.  Since our currency will be sinking, all that chinese crap will be costing more and more and more.
And that's just the first set of problems.

@catfish1957

Not really a problem. I am sure the Chinese will be gracious enough to accept the left coast and it's ports as payments for money due.

Problem solved.

"We iz da wurld........

We iz da peep-pulls....."

Can't wait to watch what happens when the homebois on the left coast start beating old Chinese women on the streets so they can rob them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Exactly why the Chinese virus was released ... no worries ... Sloe Joe needed a way to secure the oval office ... but who will be the nominee once he steps down...my bets are still on Michael Obama.

‘The dollar is going to fall very, very sharply,’ warns prominent Yale economist

Roach’s comments follow similarly themed op-ed that he wrote in Bloomberg last week, in which he specifically declared that the “era of the U.S. dollar’s ‘exorbitant privilege’ as the world’s primary reserve currency is coming to an end.

In that article, the economist said that the U.S. economy is already “stressed” by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and suggested that the recession that has gripped the U.S. in February amid the public health crisis will only amplify the dollar’s woes....

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-dollar-is-going-to-fall-very-very-sharply-warns-prominent-yale-economist-2020-06-16?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.