Author Topic: Today's Toons 6/15/20  (Read 5185 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 6/15/20
« on: June 15, 2020, 08:45:40 am »

Click below for related audio:

Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter C:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The White House held an event in the Rose Garden on Tuesday to reveal plans to help senior citizens to stay safe this summer with the aid of states. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo just revealed his plan to get rid of the Asia Murder Hornets. He plans to release them into nursing homes.

Minneapolis broke out in full scale riots and complete lawlessness reigned. The governor went on TV and issued a stern warning to looters and arsonists wielding torches. You WILL be arrested if you aren't wearing a face mask and keeping a wide-screen TV apart.

Minneapolis was rocked by the brutal strangulation killing of a black suspect by a cop as the cameras rolled. Media reaction was swift. NBC News called it an outrage, CBS called it horrifying and CNN called it the one hundred-thousandth death due to Corona Virus, and blamed it on Trump.

President Trump was confronted by fact-checkers on Twitter who used CNN as the arbiter of what he said is factual or not. Recently, CNN called Trump a liar, pointing out that last year, Trump said he was seventy-two years old, but this year he says he's seventy-three. Which is it, Mr. President?

Joe Biden is weighing offers to speak at college graduations held outdoors in July. Before the shut down, the University of Delaware named a campus building after the former vice president. The building is four stories high, and in honor of Joe Biden, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.

President Trump locked horns with Twitter over his claims that mail-in voting could result in election fraud. I visited a few old friends at Forest Lawn cemetery Monday, and I was touched by all the red, white and blue stickers on the gravestones. They read I Voted and Voted and Voted by Mail.

Joe Biden apologized for telling black people Friday if they don't vote for Joe Biden, they ain't black. I thought I saw a photo of myself in Entertainment Weekly yesterday, same face, same blonde hair, same blue eyes, but I was mistaken. It was a picture of Kanye West after he didn't vote for Biden.

Fox News listed sixteen cities where protests erupted into rioting, looting, arson and cop car destruction on Friday, including L.A., Minneapolis, Atlanta, Oakland, Denver and Washington DC. It's amazing all the riots going on and nobody's catching corona virus. Who knew the cure was riots?

The Centers for Disease Controls officials gave interviews on the Sunday talk shows and said it will be two weeks before they found out whether the rioting in sixteen cities caused a spike in the number of infections. Fauci issued a new rule to the nation, only twenty-five looters per store.

The National Guard was called out to help push back street demonstrators in several big cities as the peaceful marches turned violent. It greatly alarmed health officials. In order to prevent any further spread of Covid, mayors and governors are asking people to riot from their homes.

Santa Monica residents were shocked by the arrival of looters Sunday who had traveled twenty miles west of downtown to plunder the retail stores, puzzling the locals. White people in LA just want to know if corona season is over and is it riot season now? We're just trying to put together our outfits.

The Beverly Hills Police drew praise for confronting the protestors with tear gas and rubber bullets and turned them back. That day, the LA Mayor told everybody not to resist the protestors but greet them with love and with humility. Minutes later he was appointed French Defense Minister.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, Vulcan)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 6/15/20
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 10:53:28 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 11:19:29 am »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 11:26:47 am »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 02:25:26 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Online pookie18

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 02:25:45 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, Verga!

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 02:26:14 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

You're welcome, as always, Polly Ticks!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 02:35:59 pm »
Yaaay!  It's Moon's Daeg!  Thanks for the Toons and Argus Extras!!  Did you have a great weekend, Pookie?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online pookie18

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 02:42:39 pm »
Yaaay!  It's Moon's Daeg!  Thanks for the Toons and Argus Extras!!  Did you have a great weekend, Pookie?

My pleasure, as ever, CL! I wouldn't go that far, but it was good...

Offline niobe527

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 03:00:40 pm »
good morning pookie

Online pookie18

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 03:04:10 pm »
good morning pookie

Mornin', Niobe!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 05:07:11 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 05:17:00 pm »
I am a ACW buff.  Do any of the assholes who damaged the 54th memorial understand what those MEN went through from the beginning?  Gobsmacked!  I am GOBSMACKED!!  Yes, there were other black units, and they all put their lives on the line.  For many, it was the only chance they had.  I cannot help my choice of words, but those men were such heroes.  Heroes should never, ever be treated as though they were trash     :thud:

God Bless the 54th.  :patriot:

Thanks for the posting, Pookie!  You're the greatest.

Online pookie18

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 05:20:52 pm »

Online pookie18

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 05:23:36 pm »
I am a ACW buff.  Do any of the assholes who damaged the 54th memorial understand what those MEN went through from the beginning?  Gobsmacked!  I am GOBSMACKED!!  Yes, there were other black units, and they all put their lives on the line.  For many, it was the only chance they had.  I cannot help my choice of words, but those men were such heroes.  Heroes should never, ever be treated as though they were trash     :thud:

God Bless the 54th.  :patriot:

Thanks for the posting, Pookie!  You're the greatest.

You're welcome, conservativevoter! Those who did the damage only know...statue bad!