Author Topic: Turley accuses NBC's Chuck Todd of misleading questions regarding use of force by police  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turley accuses NBC's Chuck Todd of misleading questions regarding use of force by police
by Dominick Mastrangelo, Social Media Producer |
 | June 14, 2020 01:01 PM

Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley clarified the background behind a question posed to Republican South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott by moderator Chuck Todd on Meet The Press Sunday.

"Chuck Todd just asked Sen. Scott why we do not have a 'national standard' on the use of force by police," Turley tweeted.

Turley said there is a national standard when it comes to "use of lethal force" by police.

"It is found in Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)," he said.

Turley continued, "In that case, the Supreme Court handed down a standard barring the use of deadly force to prevent escape unless 'the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.'"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/turley-accuses-nbcs-chuck-todd-of-misleading-questions-regarding-use-of-force-by-police
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Turley is making a good point about shooting a fleeing suspect that is being missed by the hysteria.  The media is applying the wrong standard.  A LEO has to consider the possibility a fleeing suspect can cause injury to an innocent party, in addition to his/herself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Turley is making a good point about shooting a fleeing suspect that is being missed by the hysteria.  The media is applying the wrong standard.  A LEO has to consider the possibility a fleeing suspect can cause injury to an innocent party, in addition to his/herself.
In the Wendy’s case the suspect had already grabbed for the officers weapon and had his taser... if I were the cop I’d be thinking ‘if he tases me with that thing the next thing he’ll do is grab my gun and blow my head off’.

The only other option would’ve been to let him escape, which is obviously not an option.

Offline mrclose

Accordion to my stepson who is a policeman ...
a police taser in the wrong hands, used improperly Can kill!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self