Author Topic: Booker: GOP Senator Told Me Qualified Immunity ‘on the Table’ in Police Reform Bill  (Read 227 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 14 Jun 2020

Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) said that Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) told him the Senate’s policing reform proposals will address the doctrine of qualified immunity for police officers.

Partial transcript as follows:

BRENNAN: Well, I want to ask you- I want to ask you about this moment, because, I mean, it’s an election year and emotions are already supercharged. The president this morning sent a tweet quoting Michael Moore, a filmmaker, said “Democrats shouldn’t underestimate white male Trump supporters’ rage and emotion.” You heard my exchange with Senator Scott about whether it is ignorance or deliberateness to plan a rally around Juneteenth. Do you believe that you can come to a compromise with this administration on this issue?

BOOKER: Well, this is what I know. I know the heart of Tim Scott and senators like Senator Braun, who said to me he’s- qualified immunity is on the table. We- we are one body of the United States Senate. And- and people of good heart and good spirit, regardless of what the president does. He can veto a bill, but we should come forward in this moment in history, which will be judged. We should put our best face- best faith efforts forward to put a bill–

BRENNAN: Yeah.

BOOKER: –intact that will stop the kind of awful violence and- and killing of unarmed people that we see in our country. We can do that. We know what works.

BRENNAN: OK.

BOOKER: And we know that half measures have not worked in the past from Ferguson to Minneapolis. We know what will work.

BRENNAN: Well–

BOOKER: This is not a radical bill, but we can get this done.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/06/14/booker-gop-senator-told-me-qualified-immunity-on-the-table-in-police-reform-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34