Author Topic: Off-duty FWC officer shot and killed in LaBelle  (Read 1220 times)

Offline libertybele

Off-duty FWC officer shot and killed in LaBelle
« on: June 14, 2020, 05:44:09 pm »
Because of the lack of restraint placed on the rioters and thugs and giving them free reign; all police officers have a giant target on their backs.  The officer that was shot is Black...I'm sure there is going to be an outpouring of Blacks wanting justice for this officer. /s

Off-duty FWC officer shot and killed in LaBelle

LABELLE, Fla. - An off-duty Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer was shot and killed in LaBelle early Sunday morning.

Julian Keen Jr., the 30-year-old officer, was killed near Apache Circle and Nobles Road, according to Hendry County deputies.

Investigators currently have three people in custody and are questioning them, Hendry County deputies confirmed.

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic death of Officer Julian Keen, and our thoughts are with the family,” said Col. Curtis Brown, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Division of Law Enforcement. .........

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42244997/offduty-fwc-officer-shot-and-killed-in-labelle
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Off-duty FWC officer shot and killed in LaBelle
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 07:50:23 pm »
It's pretty unusual for a Game Warden to get murdered.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 08:10:11 pm »
It's pretty unusual for a Game Warden to get murdered.

In California, State park rangers even lifeguards are armed law enforcement officers.

It appears the games have begun.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 03:02:40 pm »
Looks like a Hispanic murdered him, but they are saying it was "homicide-negligent manslaughter "
This one will be ignored for the most part, unless they can somehow construe this is a "White" Hispanic and targeted the victim not due to being a law enforcement officer but due to his being black.

Arrest made in connection with killing of off-duty FWC officer in LaBelle

A suspect has been arrested in the early Sunday shooting death of a 30-year-old off-duty Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer in LaBelle.

A court official confirmed that Eliceo Hernandez, 20, was arrested and charged with homicide-negligent manslaughter in the death of Julian Keen Jr.

Authorities said Keen was off-duty in the area of Nobles Road and Apache Circle when he was shot while trying to stop a hit-and-run suspect. The Hendry County Sheriff’s Office has not released any further details on what led up to the shooting.

The arrest came after three suspects in the case were detained by deputies and questioned.

Hernandez is in the Hendry County Jail and his bond has been set at $500,000. His next court appearance is Aug. 4.

This is an ongoing investigation.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/06/15/arrest-made-in-connection-with-the-murder-of-an-off-duty-fwc-officer/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:19:13 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 03:43:04 am »
Hernandez is in the Hendry County Jail and his bond has been set at $500,000. His next court appearance is Aug. 4.

This is an ongoing investigation.

Live the thug life,pay the thug price,and THIS thug price is going to be high. That boy will never leave prison while still breathing.

The only thing he will steal for the rest of his life is oxygen.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 04:18:34 am »
Can't tell... Was the fish cop sworn?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 04:23:59 am »
Live the thug life,pay the thug price,and THIS thug price is going to be high. That boy will never leave prison while still breathing.

The only thing he will steal for the rest of his life is oxygen.

Don't really think so.  Hendry county used to be conservative.  Demographics have changed considerably.

The population of Hendry County, FL is 51.9% Hispanic or Latino, 33.5% White Alone, and 10.9% Black or African American Alone.

The demographics in FL have changed considerably and that is why I found it troubling when I saw the map of areas that Biden drew support. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:29:24 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:45:15 am »
@sneakypete   The federal prison population in FL is heavily populated with Latinos including MS-13 gang thugs ... I imagine Hendry county jail has a heavy Latino population. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 05:23:06 am »
@sneakypete   The federal prison population in FL is heavily populated with Latinos including MS-13 gang thugs ... I imagine Hendry county jail has a heavy Latino population.

@libertybele

I have no doubt you are right about that,but don't see how it is relevant. All I see it meaning is that he will be able to speak Spanish for the rest of his miserable life. It's damn sure not going to make his sentence shorter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 05:28:13 am »

An interesting aside... Are they Cuban by and large?
I hear tell that FL Latinos are as a rule Cuban, and opposed to out west where the mex/etc are.
It is also my understanding that Cubans tend to be more conservative and law abiding that the norm (read illegal aliens, not native born Mex)...

And I know MS13 is Mex.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 05:29:46 am »
Again I will ask, is the FWP cop sworn? An actual LEO/ Warden?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 05:51:28 am »
An interesting aside... Are they Cuban by and large?
I hear tell that FL Latinos are as a rule Cuban, and opposed to out west where the mex/etc are.
It is also my understanding that Cubans tend to be more conservative and law abiding that the norm (read illegal aliens, not native born Mex)...

And I know MS13 is Mex.

@roamer_1

What you wrote about the American citizens whose parents came from Cuba is true. Mostly because the Cubans that fled to Florida when Fidel took over were middle-class or upper-class Cubans who had both money to lose,and money to bring with them to America to keep from losing it.

They were also educated.

The poor,uneducated,peasant Cubans had no resources to go anywhere or any knowledge of how to get there.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 05:53:07 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 05:55:13 am »
Again I will ask, is the FWP cop sworn? An actual LEO/ Warden?

@roamer_1

I am guessing the answer is "Yes!" because I can't comprehend how any of them could do their jobs if they didn't have arrest powers. Every one I have ever seen or known has always worn a badge and carried a firearm,too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 06:14:52 am »
@roamer_1

I am guessing the answer is "Yes!" because I can't comprehend how any of them could do their jobs if they didn't have arrest powers. Every one I have ever seen or known has always worn a badge and carried a firearm,too.

@sneakypete

Well it ain't that way up here. Actual enforcement is a small klach of actual sworn wardens, interchangeable with any State LEO... The rest, the most, are not sworn, do not carry (well, tazers and asps) and are glorified ticket writers...  Similar to the difference between a sworn LEO and a meter maid.

Goes to the preparedness factor of the officer.. You run into an actual fish cop, they are as badass as a sheriff deputy. You just don't mess with a warden.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:15:51 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 06:17:57 am »
@roamer_1

What you wrote about the American citizens whose parents came from Cuba is true. Mostly because the Cubans that fled to Florida when Fidel took over were middle-class or upper-class Cubans who had both money to lose,and money to bring with them to America to keep from losing it.

They were also educated.

The poor,uneducated,peasant Cubans had no resources to go anywhere or any knowledge of how to get there.

@sneakypete

Right. But what I am wondering is if the incarcerated are Cuban or mainly Mex/etc. Whether the Cubans have their own gang issues and such, or if it is shipped in...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 03:19:23 pm »
@sneakypete

Right. But what I am wondering is if the incarcerated are Cuban or mainly Mex/etc. Whether the Cubans have their own gang issues and such, or if it is shipped in...

@roamer_1

Good question. If there are any Cuban-American gangs,I have never heard any reports on them. Doesn't mean they don't exist,but it does mean that IF they exist,they are sophisticated and established well-enough they operate in the shadows and draw no attention to themselves.