Author Topic: LAPD Tells Officers Who Worked Overtime During Riots, “Sorry, We Can’t Pay You”  (Read 451 times)

rangerrebew

LAPD Tells Officers Who Worked Overtime During Riots, “Sorry, We Can’t Pay You”

Posted at 10:30 pm on June 13, 2020 by Jennifer Van Laar

While many who participated in “protests” in Los Angeles over the last few weeks are probably being paid to stay home and not work, thousands of Los Angeles Police Department officers have put in more than a hundred hours of tactical alert overtime each and are now being told they won’t be paid for it.

LAPD Chief Michel Moore sent an email June 12 to “Department Personnel,” a copy of which was obtained by RedState, informing them that “During this extraordinary time…the Department has expended more than $40 million in overtime expenses,” exceeding the budgetary reserve, and that “as of June 7, 2020…compensation for overtime shall be in the form of time at the appropriate rate.”

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/06/13/heres-why-lindsey-grahams-investigation-is-a-joke/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That's funny right there cause I believe there are very strict laws concerning overtime pay, both State and Federal laws. I wonder how many of the officers they are screwing over are eligible to take their retirement and will. Most police I have known can retire while they are still young enough to start a second safer career.

Online libertybele

That's funny right there cause I believe there are very strict laws concerning overtime pay, both State and Federal laws. I wonder how many of the officers they are screwing over are eligible to take their retirement and will. Most police I have known can retire while they are still young enough to start a second safer career.

Exactly.  You get into the police force at 25 and can fully retire at 45.  A police officer in the state of FL with 20 continuous years of service can retire with 70% of their pay as their pension and an additional 2% for each additional year served up to 80% of their pay.  They can actually apply to draw a pension after 10 years of service. Not too shabby.

With all the crap going on, I'd venture to say there are many considering leaving after their 10 years is over. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.