Author Topic: Secret Service Now Says It Used Pepper Spray at D.C. Protest  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Secret Service Now Says It Used Pepper Spray at D.C. Protest

Saturday, 13 June 2020 05:27 PM

The U.S. Secret Service backtracked on Saturday to say that an employee had used pepper spray to clear protesters from a park near the White House on June 1, shortly before President Donald Trump held a photo-op in the area.

The determination came after “further review” of the events in Lafayette Park, which was cleared of mostly peaceful protesters shortly before Trump and an entourage walked through the area on the way to a brief visit to a nearby church.

“An agency employee used pepper spray on June 1st, during efforts to secure the area,” the USSS said in a statement that was also posted on Twitter.

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/gentop-globalmacr-gov-industries/2020/06/13/id/972033/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Secret Service Now Says It Used Pepper Spray at D.C. Protest
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 02:53:02 pm »
IOW, MSM claims that tear gas was used are false. Unsurprisingly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 04:59:05 pm »
IOW, MSM claims that tear gas was used are false. Unsurprisingly.

Absolutely correct.  And the people who insist on continuing squeeze that banana are liars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 05:07:41 pm »
The Secret Service exists for protecting the President, does it not?  Any method to effect that is proper.    :amen:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 05:15:53 pm »

The U.S. Secret Service backtracked on Saturday to say that an employee had used pepper spray to clear protesters from a park near the White House on June 1, shortly before President Donald Trump held a photo-op in the area.

The determination came after “further review” of the events in Lafayette Park, which was cleared of mostly peaceful protesters shortly before Trump and an entourage walked through the area on the way to a brief visit to a nearby church.

“An agency employee used pepper spray on June 1st, during efforts to secure the area,” the USSS said in a statement that was also posted on Twitter.

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/gentop-globalmacr-gov-industries/2020/06/13/id/972033/

Good!  The SS should be allowed to use whatever force necessary to protect our President, period.  Keep in mind 60 SS were injured. 

Had the police officers and national guardsmen been allowed to use whatever force necessary to stave off the rioters, looters and thugs we wouldn't be seeing our police department being dismantled and the autonomous zones in Seattle and elsewhere!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 05:19:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 05:17:52 pm »
The Secret Service exists for protecting the President, does it not?  Any method to effect that is proper.    :amen:

I have zero problems with what was done. But the MSM are trying to put over a biological warfare narrative by making tear gas equivalent to poison gas and got caught in a lie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 07:38:55 pm »
Trump did not need to walk across the street and just hold up a Bible.  They lied they didn't use the tear gas and they did.   It only angered people and extends the protesting.  It was widely used against the president by the left.  He did what he always does.  He likes to drum up conflict so that he can have a fight.  That's what it was.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 07:44:17 pm »
Trump did not need to walk across the street and just hold up a Bible.  They lied they didn't use the tear gas and they did.   It only angered people and extends the protesting.  It was widely used against the president by the left.  He did what he always does.  He likes to drum up conflict so that he can have a fight.  That's what it was.

You don't get it, do you?  He did it to piss you off, and I'd say it worked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 07:52:18 pm »

I read that he’s a big poopy-head too
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 07:59:47 pm »
Trump did not need to walk across the street and just hold up a Bible. 

He first thought he would just bring along, his "rod and staff," but realized you'd just bitch about that instead.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 08:07:55 pm »

Using pepper spray seems a pretty humane way to protect a president of the United States against a mob.
For some reason your forget that this church is 200 years old, and survived a terrorist attack from rioters.  This event was purely symbolic, and nicely shows how evil will not defeat good. 

Hate to say it, but you are almost getting  as radical as Legal American on the opposite side. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 08:13:10 pm »
You don't get it, do you?  He did it to piss you off, and I'd say it worked.

That's the point.  He did it to piss lots of people off.  That is what he does so he can complain about it and claim victimhood.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 08:15:31 pm »
That's the point.  He did it to piss lots of people off.  That is what he does so he can complain about it and claim victimhood.

He'll keep doing it if all y'all keep encouraging him. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:03 pm »

No my dear @Chosen Daughter , the point is that much like sycophantic Trump worshipers here, you have made yourself a laughingstock...someone who is to be utterly ridiculed and dismissed.  Like them, you lack all intellectual honesty and deserve every ounce of derision thrown your way.  Enjoy it!  I think you do!
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:40 pm »
Using pepper spray seems a pretty humane way to protect a president of the United States against a mob.
For some reason your forget that this church is 200 years old, and survived a terrorist attack from rioters.  This event was purely symbolic, and nicely shows how evil will not defeat good. 

Hate to say it, but you are almost getting  as radical as Legal American on the opposite side.

He said nothing.  He tear gassed people who were peacefully protesting.   Those people were not the ones that set the church on fire the night before.

Protest is Constitutional.  You have to separate protest from criminals.  At the time this took place there was absolutely no reason to hit people with rubber bullets and tear gas them.

I don't think you and I read the same Bible.  Because every time Jesus had a gathering that was a protest against evil that ultimately led to his Crucifixion.  And unless people are rioting, breaking windows, looting and defacing property it is unconstitutional to use violent force against them. 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:49 pm »
So, we gotta go dig up 2 week old stories so we can fabricate a slam on Trump.... great...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 08:26:04 pm »
He said nothing.  He tear gassed people who were peacefully protesting.   Those people were not the ones that set the church on fire the night before.

Protest is Constitutional.  You have to separate protest from criminals.  At the time this took place there was absolutely no reason to hit people with rubber bullets and tear gas them.

I don't think you and I read the same Bible.  Because every time Jesus had a gathering that was a protest against evil that ultimately led to his Crucifixion.  And unless people are rioting, breaking windows, looting and defacing property it is unconstitutional to use violent force against them.

Two things....   How do you know there were none of the crowd that took part in the rioting the night before.  Do you have proof?

And secondly, the line between so called peaceful protest and rioting is about a 1 mm wide.  There are countless examples the past few weeks where riotng and looting took place back and forth interchangeably  under the guise of a peaceful protest.  Honestly, I am shocked you are that naive.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:37:07 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 08:33:42 pm »
He tear gassed people who were peacefully protesting.   

This is a lie. 

Repeating, lest you tink I haven't been clear:  "Tear Gas" != "Pepper Spray." 

Tear Gas has a very specific definition in military and law enforcement parlance, referring to specific aerosol agents that cause tearing.  It, like nerve gas, is a non-discriminatory weapon.  Pepper Spray, on the other hand, while also a tear-inducing weapon, is a directed weapon that is used on specific, discriminatory targets.  If somebody gets hit with it, it's usually because they begged for it.  A relatively innocent person standing a few feet away don't get hit, unlike a dose of real tear gas.

The application is different, and they are called different things.  When you refer to pepper spray as tear gas in your posts, you are perpetuating a lie and you will get called out for it by people not named Cyber Liberty, every time.  Knock it off.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 09:13:33 pm »
This is a lie. 

Tear Gas has a very specific definition in military and law enforcement parlance, referring to specific aerosol agents that cause tearing.  It, like nerve gas, is a non-discriminatory weapon.  Pepper Spray, on the other hand, while also a tear-inducing weapon, is a directed weapon that is used on specific, discriminatory targets.  If somebody gets hit with it, it's usually because they begged for it.  A relatively innocent person standing a few feet away don't get hit, unlike a dose of real tear gas.

The application is different, and they are called different things.  When you refer to pepper spray as tear gas in your posts, you are perpetuating a lie and you will get called out for it by people not named Cyber Liberty, every time.  Knock it off.

@Chosen Daughter
Exactly. Chosen, you are flat out telling a lie....thought that was a sin?

You continue to claim tear gas was used, when it was clearly NOT used. Pepper spray is NOT tear gas, it consists of a different chemical mix altogether and is generally discharged in a very different way. Claiming these two things are synonymous is...again...a lie.

Perhaps you should find your way to confession before that big whopper of a lie takes hold of your soul.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2020, 09:18:38 pm »

@Chosen Daughter
Exactly. Chosen, you are flat out telling a lie....thought that was a sin?

You continue to claim tear gas was used, when it was clearly NOT used. Pepper spray is NOT tear gas, it consists of a different chemical mix altogether and is generally discharged in a very different way. Claiming these two things are synonymous is...again...a lie.

Perhaps you should find your way to confession before that big whopper of a lie takes hold of your soul.

I neglected to note there were TWO lies in the sentence I quoted.  The second lie was "peacefully protesting."  The protest had already turned violent when the mob started throwing objects like bricks and frozen water bottles.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 11:50:30 pm »
This is a lie. 

Well thank you for correcting me.  As if I would post the story myself that says pepper spray and try to lie about it.  I honestly didn't know the difference.  People kept saying it, but I saw he interviews of a woman who obviously had been hit with an irritant. 

Wow, the story is right above.  It isn't even that we are several pages in.  LOL!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:52:03 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2020, 12:07:45 am »
I neglected to note there were TWO lies in the sentence I quoted.  The second lie was "peacefully protesting."  The protest had already turned violent when the mob started throwing objects like bricks and frozen water bottles.

Debatable. Varied reports.

BTW, although I didn't intentionally lie its apparent you don't realize PS is designated as a tear gas on the CDC website.

What riot control agents are

Riot control agents (sometimes referred to as “tear gas”) are chemical compounds that temporarily make people unable to function by causing irritation to the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin.

Several different compounds are considered to be riot control agents. The most common compounds are known as chloroacetophenone (CN) and chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile (CS). Other examples include chloropicrin (PS), which is also used as a fumigant (that is, a substance that uses fumes to disinfect an area); bromobenzylcyanide (CA); dibenzoxazepine (CR); and combinations of various agents.

Where riot control agents are found and how they are used

Riot control agents are used by law enforcement officials for crowd control and by individuals and the general public for personal protection (for example, pepper spray).

CS is also used in military settings to test the speed and ability of military personnel to use their gas masks.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/riotcontrol/factsheet.asp
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 12:08:37 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 12:57:33 am »
Did you just quote the CDC as an appeal to authority?  Look, I give up.  Try to stop perpetuating lies if you can. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 12:57:50 am »
Debatable. Varied reports.

BTW, although I didn't intentionally lie its apparent you don't realize PS is designated as a tear gas on the CDC website.

What riot control agents are

Riot control agents (sometimes referred to as “tear gas”) are chemical compounds that temporarily make people unable to function by causing irritation to the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin.

Several different compounds are considered to be riot control agents. The most common compounds are known as chloroacetophenone (CN) and chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile (CS). Other examples include chloropicrin (PS), which is also used as a fumigant (that is, a substance that uses fumes to disinfect an area); bromobenzylcyanide (CA); dibenzoxazepine (CR); and combinations of various agents.

Where riot control agents are found and how they are used

Riot control agents are used by law enforcement officials for crowd control and by individuals and the general public for personal protection (for example, pepper spray).

CS is also used in military settings to test the speed and ability of military personnel to use their gas masks.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/riotcontrol/factsheet.asp
@Chosen Daughter
Because I don’t want you to continue spreading your falsehoods:  Just because it says PS next to Chloropicrin, doesn’t mean that stands for Pepper Spray.  The active ingredient in pepper spray is capsaicin...the same thing that makes a jalapeño hot.  And in honestly reading the CDC paper you quoted, its only reference to pepper spray is that it can be used in for personal protection.   Nowhere does it state or imply that pepper spray and tear gas are related.  Nowhere.  You made that up out of whole cloth or at a minimum, simply assumed because that comports with the BS narrative you’re trying to craft.

As someone who was in the military and has multiple LEO friends, I’ve personally experienced the joys of both Tear gas and pepper spray...trust me when I say,  there is really zero comparison.   So please stop peddling the lie that the protesters were tear gassed all over this site.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 01:26:42 am »
Trump did not need to walk across the street and just hold up a Bible. 1.)  They lied they didn't use the tear gas and they did. 2.)  It only angered people and extends the protesting.  It was widely used against the president by the left.  He did what he always does.  He likes to drum up conflict so that he can have a fight.  That's what it was.

1.) Irrelevant.

2.) No, they did not. Smoke canisters were deployed, and pepper balls were used, not tear gas. And now we know that one Secret Service agent used pepper spray, which is also not tear gas.