Author Topic: California lawmakers advance reparations bill  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California lawmakers advance reparations bill
« on: June 13, 2020, 03:02:17 pm »
California lawmakers advance reparations bill
By Tal Axelrod - 06/13/20 10:01 AM EDT

The California Assembly voted this week to establish a task force to study and propose recommendations for giving reparations to African Americans.

The bill, which passed by a 56-5 margin, comes as the nation is rocked by protests over systemic racism and police use of force after the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while in police custody in Minneapolis.

The bill calls for the Regents of the University of California “to assemble a colloquium of scholars to draft a research proposal to analyze the economic benefits of slavery that accrued to owners and the businesses, including insurance companies and their subsidiaries, that received those benefits, and to make recommendations to the Legislature regarding those findings.”

The legislation would also require California’s Insurance Commissioner to obtain information from licensed insurers “regarding any records of slaveholder insurance policies issued by any predecessor corporation during the slavery era.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/502582-california-lawmakers-advance-reparations-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: California lawmakers advance reparations bill
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 03:06:45 pm »
56 out of 61 legislators voted for this sh__?

CA is a lost cause.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 03:07:22 pm »
California was a free state, morons.

Stupidity abounds.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 04:57:06 pm »
I have no objections to this as long as only people who actually were slaves are the ones that benefit.

Paying anyone else is just simple pandering and extortion.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 05:14:15 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 03:12:39 am »
I have no objections to this as long as only people who actually were slaves are the ones that benefit.

Paying anyone else is just simple pandering and extortion.
I notice they aren't taking the forced and uncompensated divestiture of assets as a result of the Military invasion of the South into account. What benefit was there when crops are burned, land is seized, and other assets stolen or rendered of no value?

That said, compensate any living slave for their labors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis