Author Topic: Tight polls put GOP on edge in Texas  (Read 643 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tight polls put GOP on edge in Texas
« on: June 13, 2020, 01:40:59 pm »
Tight polls put GOP on edge in Texas
By Jonathan Easley - 06/13/20 06:00 AM EDT

AUSTIN — Texas Republicans are on edge as polls show President Trump and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden running neck and neck in the Lone Star State with less than five months to go before Election Day.

Most GOP operatives in the state still view Trump as the odds-on favorite to carry Texas and its 38 Electoral College votes in November. But they’re increasingly open to the outside possibility that Texas could go blue in the presidential race for the first time since 1976.

The president’s margins in Texas will matter, and Republicans fear that a close race at the top of the ticket might wipe them out in down ballot races.

Five House Republicans from the Texas delegation are retiring at the end of the year and the nonpartisan Cook Political Report rates three of those as either toss-ups or leaning Democratic.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) is also up for reelection and will likely face the toughest fight of his career in 2020.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/502533-tight-polls-put-gop-on-edge-in-texas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: Tight polls put GOP on edge in Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 06:07:12 pm »
If Texas goes for Biden, our country is DONE.  Stick a fork in it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:08:16 pm »
The big cities here are already gone.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 06:16:22 pm »
The Hill.

Golly if the election were today we’d be screwed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 06:18:53 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 06:19:45 pm »

Agreed. I have posted several studies where data shows that the Hispanic population has nearly succeeded in being the majority over the White population with a growing percentage of those now eligible to vote.  I've pointed out before this is why Cruz only won by a small margin -- I was told no.  Well, according to this article the GOP is still having problems in TX ... well, Cruz has already been re-elected, so that theory is shot.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 06:20:45 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 07:12:50 pm »
Agreed. I have posted several studies where data shows that the Hispanic population has nearly succeeded in being the majority over the White population with a growing percentage of those now eligible to vote.  I've pointed out before this is why Cruz only won by a small margin -- I was told no.  Well, according to this article the GOP is still having problems in TX ... well, Cruz has already been re-elected, so that theory is shot.

@libertybele

Maybe it's just me and my own unique experiences,but most of the so-called "Mexicans/His-Panics/Her-Panics" I have personally met and known in both the army and when I lived in Denver,are VERY conservative people in both politics and their personal lives. I can honestly say I got along with them better than any group of whites I have lived around.

I have never understood the accepted mentality that wants to state "all brown/off-white people are Dims.". It just ain't true.

Maybe they only do studies in clannish sections of California,and state them as common for all areas?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 07:20:43 pm »
@libertybele

Maybe it's just me and my own unique experiences,but most of the so-called "Mexicans/His-Panics/Her-Panics" I have personally met and known in both the army and when I lived in Denver,are VERY conservative people in both politics and their personal lives. I can honestly say I got along with them better than any group of whites I have lived around.

I have never understood the accepted mentality that wants to state "all brown/off-white people are Dims.". It just ain't true.

Maybe they only do studies in clannish sections of California,and state them as common for all areas?

It will be interesting to see how Hispanics respond to this BLM-madness.  We know for the most part race relations between Blacks-Latinos is even worse than between Blacks and Whites.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 07:30:45 pm »
AFC

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2020, 08:13:02 pm »
I don't think Texas goes to Biden.  If anything, the events of the past few weeks are going to force record GOTV backlash against the dims. The biggest one swing vote demographic "Van Driving Soccer Moms" are watching the rioting and looting too.  That doesn't fare well with the dims who are simply complict with these criminals.

I don't think Trump wins by as big a margin as 2016, due to racial demographics (which has been mentioned on this thread).  But I'd be absloutely shocked if somehow slow joe prys my state away.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 09:25:24 pm »
It will be interesting to see how Hispanics respond to this BLM-madness.  We know for the most part race relations between Blacks-Latinos is even worse than between Blacks and Whites.

@dfwgator

Yeah,that's ONE way of putting it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 09:27:39 pm »
I don't think Texas goes to Biden.  If anything, the events of the past few weeks are going to force record GOTV backlash against the dims. The biggest one swing vote demographic "Van Driving Soccer Moms" are watching the rioting and looting too.  That doesn't fare well with the dims who are simply complict with these criminals.

I don't think Trump wins by as big a margin as 2016, due to racial demographics (which has been mentioned on this thread).  But I'd be absloutely shocked if somehow slow joe prys my state away.

@catfish1957

All bets are off if the Dims get mail-in ballots. People from the 16th century will be voting straight Dim tickets.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 09:29:35 pm »
@catfish1957

All bets are off if the Dims get mail-in ballots. People from the 16th century will be voting straight Dim tickets.

You know that they're going to push for mail-in ballots. That's the only way that they're going to win; fraud and corruption.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.