Author Topic: 10 Florida SWAT officers quit unit over ‘political climate’: report  (Read 480 times)

Offline libertybele

Seattle...Broward County....Nashville .... and the exodus continues

10 Florida SWAT officers quit unit over ‘political climate’: report

Ten members of a police SWAT team in a South Florida city quit the unit this week, concerned about “today’s political climate” and its impact on their jobs, according to a report.

In a letter dated Tuesday, the officers in Hallandale Beach, Broward County, complained of being “minimally equipped, under trained and often times restrained” in performing their duties, Miami FOX station WSVN-TV reported.

The officers – who were leaving the SWAT unit but not resigning from the force -- wrote that they were concerned that city officials were “placing the safety of dogs over the safety of team members.”........

The letter and resignations came as police officers across the U.S. were facing a high level of scrutiny and criticism following the May 25 death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/10-florida-swat-officers-quit-unit-over-political-climate-report
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Watch for massive exit of many from this profession.  Not only that, what 18 year old kid now wants to be subjected to the abuse being heaped on those wearng the badge.  Recruitment will trickle down significantly. 

Police shortages will only foster an old west atmosphere, and those choosing not to arm up are puttng themselves and their families in peril.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Watch for massive exit of many from this profession.  Not only that, what 18 year old kid now wants to be subjected to the abuse being heaped on those wearng the badge.  Recruitment will trickle down significantly. 

Police shortages will only foster an old west atmosphere, and those choosing not to arm up are puttng themselves and their families in peril.

Exactly.  So ... essentially, every man for himself.  Anarchy.  Meanwhile, we have a President, and a Congress that are doing absolutely nothing.  Oh, I forgot ... the "timing" isn't right.  /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Exactly.  So ... essentially, every man for himself.  Anarchy.  Meanwhile, we have a President, and a Congress that are doing absolutely nothing.  Oh, I forgot ... the "timing" isn't right.  /s

I agree.  In a sane society, these roaches would be squished like they need to be.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Broward County civilian "leadership" is poor? Who knew?

I think an article was posted yesterday about a flood of NYPD officers taking retirement in response to city government vilification and abuse. It's been coming for a quarter of a century or more, but it looks like law enforcement people in many cities have been back into such a tight corner by civilian misleaders that the LEO's are "shrugging" to avoid having their lives destroyed for good policing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

I doubt it. Where else can some snot-nosed kid with 2 years of community college get a job with those kind of benefits,as well as a potential 6-figure income from salary and overtime,and such generous retirement packages?

Not to mention the ego-boost of bossing adults around.

There are many,MANY "Cartman's" out there who would almost work for free if given a gun and a badge along with the power to insist everybody "Respect my authora-tay!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Exactly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
@catfish1957

I doubt it. Where else can some snot-nosed kid with 2 years of community college get a job with those kind of benefits,as well as a potential 6-figure income from salary and overtime,and such generous retirement packages?

There are many,MANY "Cartman's" out there who would almost work for free if given a gun and a badge along with the power to insist everybody "Respect my authora-tay!"

Word for word, you echoed my thoughts, sir. These guys didn't resign from the force--only the SWAT team.

So a Joe or Joanne Q. Public living with the possibility of getting slaughtered as a result of a wrong address "no-knock" raid or due to "swatting" doesn't concern these public servants, but they throw a fit because they are "imperiled by today's political climate."

Revealing.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline dfwgator

Just as the Left wanted it.

Offline dfwgator

@catfish1957

Again, a goal of the left.  They've driven away Normals from wanting to be cops, so you get what's leftover.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Again, a goal of the left.  They've driven away Normals from wanting to be cops, so you get what's leftover.

@dfwgator

Yup. Remember when typical cops were armed with .38 Special revolvers and nightsticks,and nobody you knew personally had ever had a beat-down from one?

I do.

Offline dfwgator

@dfwgator

Yup. Remember when typical cops were armed with .38 Special revolvers and nightsticks,and nobody you knew personally had ever had a beat-down from one?

I do.

The Atlanta Police Chief who just resigned is a lesbo.  I swear they must have passed a law requiring all Police Chiefs to be Lesbians.  Who wants to work for that?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Atlanta Police Chief who just resigned is a lesbo.  I swear they must have passed a law requiring all Police Chiefs to be Lesbians.  Who wants to work for that?

@dfwgator

From what I see on tv,being non-white counts for extra bonus points.

It did APPEAR to me that black police chief in Seattle was starting to get fed up with all the criticism from the black protesters and media,though.

Wouldn't it be funny if all this caused her lose her pro-leftist biases?

It can happen,and there are now a LOT of AA police chief hires in this country. You just know some of them have to be getting tired of this crap.