Author Topic: Biden narrows list of VP contenders, ex-Obama adviser Susan Rice among them  (Read 1037 times)

Offline libertybele

Looks like he'll be picking a black female VP. Still waiting for a possible Michael Obama announcement.

Biden narrows list of VP contenders, ex-Obama adviser Susan Rice among them

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden has narrowed his reported list of vice presidential contenders who will be part of the second round of vetting, with several black women in contention, The Associated Press reported Friday.

Democrats “with knowledge of the process” told the AP that Biden’s search committee has whittled its search down to six serious contenders after the first round of interviews.

The list includes two of Biden’s former opponents in the Democratic primary: Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Kamala Harris of California. Susan Rice, President Obama’s national security adviser, is also on the list.

Florida Rep. Val Demings and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, both of whom are black, are being looked at for the position, along with New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham.

The list remains fluid, however, according to insiders, and additional candidates could be asked to submit to the extensive document review process of top contenders.............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-list-of-vp-contenders-rice-harris-warren
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The suspense is killing me.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Get real. Slow Joe is trying to figure out which finger to pick his nose with,if anything.

Somebody on his staff is doing the picking,and I doubt he even knows which one it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The suspense is killing me.   *****rollingeyes*****

The Biden VP might soon become Potus.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

I think that's the general consensus; Biden won't be Prez for very long, or he'll step down right after the convention.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah, if we as a country are stupid enough to elect a declared Democrat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yeah, if we as a country are stupid enough to elect a declared Democrat.

We already did.  His name is Donald Trump

When Donald Trump Was a Democrat
It turns out you don't have to look far to find evidence that Trump wasn't always a conservative Republican. Trump was registered as a Democrat for more than eight years in the 2000s, according to New York City voter records made public during his campaign for president in 2016.

Trump owned up to his years with the other party and told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in 2004 that he identified with Democrats during that time because they were more adept at handling the economy:

"It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats....But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disasters under the Republicans."

Trump was a registered Democrat from August 2001 through September 2009.

https://www.thoughtco.com/was-donald-trump-a-democrat-3367571

So you know where Trump economic policies come from.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:21:33 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sanders quiet exit came with a price for Biden.  I can almost guarantee a far far left candidate. 

The good news is, whoever this person is will be great campaign cannon fodder for an election where the population is not ready to be like Venezuala.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We already did.  His name is Donald Trump

@Chosen Daughter

CD ....this isn't 2016.  I hate to put you on the spot, but give us a solution, because here are the scenarios:

1. We all coalesce around Trump, though many may not like him.  Biden is not elected.
2. GOP and conservatves are splintered, and some either don't vote or vote 3rd party.  Biden is elected.

Now, without any static, or deflection, please explain how scenario 2 is better than 1?  Or am I missing a Scenario No. 3?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:31:30 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Chosen Daughter

Let's talk about Biteme and leave the Trump War part 6,764 to another topic.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Let's talk about Biteme and leave the Trump War part 6,764 to another topic.

Oh ban me if I can't even answer a question honestly.  No big deal.

You removed my post?  It was an honest answer to a question.  Unbelievable.

Unfortunately now @catfish1957 will not get the answer he deserves for his question.  I am sure I will not put the effort to try and make my answer meet your agenda.

Continue on with biteme.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:01:23 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

CD ....this isn't 2016.  I hate to put you on the spot, but give us a solution, because here are the scenarios:

1. We all coalesce around Trump, though many may not like him.  Biden is not elected.
2. GOP and conservatves are splintered, and some either don't vote or vote 3rd party.  Biden is elected.

Now, without any static, or deflection, please explain how scenario 2 is better than 1?  Or am I missing a Scenario No. 3?

I am not allowed to answer.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh ban me if I can't even answer a question honestly.  No big deal.

You removed my post?  It was an honest answer to a question.  Unbelievable.

Unfortunately now @catfish1957 will not get the answer he deserves for his question.  I am sure I will not put the effort to try and make my answer meet your agenda.

Continue on with biteme.

It got removed because it's off topic.  Arguing with Moderators about it is off topic.  Playing victim is off topic.

Take the hint.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

There just ain't no slipping NUTTIN past you,is there?

Offline Chosen Daughter

My Country, 'Tis of Thee Lyrics

written by Samuel Francis Smith

My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From ev'ry mountainside
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God our King.

Lets just say @catfish1957 that @Cyber Liberty removing my post is the reason I won't vote for Trump.  Honest discussion is not welcome.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It got removed because it's off topic.  Arguing with Moderators about it is off topic.  Playing victim is off topic.

Take the hint.

It wasn't.  It was how I feel.  I answered honestly. Ban me.

I asked to have my membership removed a long time ago.  If this is censorship for Conservatives I am not interested.  Remove my membership immediately.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:13:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It wasn't.  It was how I feel.  I answered honestly. Ban me.

Not today.  :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

:grouphug:    :pop41:

Offline dfwgator

Biden isn't considering anything.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Biden isn't considering anything.

That's Jill's department.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's Jill's department.

@Cyber Liberty

Yup,she is his handler.

I'm not even sure Biden even understands he is running for President anymore.

I am sure he is not taking part in any of the discussions about his running mate,though.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34