Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Defund the Police ‘Looks like a Suburb’  (Read 243 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau 12 Jun 2020

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), when asked what an America with “defunded police” looks like, stated that it “looks like a suburb.”

The New York lawmaker answered a few questions on Thursday, posting them to her Instagram story. One of the questions was, “What does an America with defunded police look like to you?”

“The good news is that it actually doesn’t take a ton of imagination,” Ocasio-Cortez began in her typed response, seemingly blaming the struggles of urban areas, almost entirely, on overemphasizing police departments.

“It looks like a suburb. Affluent white communities already live in a world where they choose to fund youth, health, housing, etc more than they fund police,” she wrote.

“These communities have lower crime rates not because they have more police, but bc they have more resources to support healthy society in a way that reduces crime,” the lawmaker continued, contending that white communities “bend over backwards to find alternatives to incarceration for their loved ones to ‘protect their future,’ like community service or rehab or restorative measures.”

“Why doesn’t the criminal system care about Black teens’ futures the way they care for White teens’ futures?” she asked.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/12/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-defund-police-looks-suburb/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey numbskull the suburbs have police departments...our little village has it's own which we pay dearly for with our taxes...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This woman is the Democratic Party.

I thought this was from the Babylon Bee or something.

Look at her responses to other questions and I still can't believe someone could be this stupid and/or naïve
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:13:54 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy